the PC-12 or not the PC-12

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

the PC-12 or not the PC-12

Post by CAL »

Is PIC on this aircraft looked at in a positive way by the larger carriers?(Glass versus Steam etc). If you already have about 2000 multi and some mpic in there on pistons.. if you have a chance at direct entry cap on one of these do you take it? Or wait for left seat on the multi-turbine you are on.....knowing it may be years....
cheers..
---------- ADS -----------

Scuba_Steve
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Scuba_Steve »

500 MPIC seems to be the target for msot operators.

but if you are low on PIC to begin with go for the PC-12 I'd say..

cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

KA or PC-12??

I'd take the PC-12, Are you getting more money too??

How many hours will you fly right seat turbine vs PIC PC-12??

2 crew pc12 or SP??

If you get more cash, same hours and an f/o, I'd take the 12.

CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CAL »

hmmmm those were my thoughts...thanks guys

Dark Helmet
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Dark Helmet »

Bottom line is you need everything.

Companies like Jazz and WJ want 1000 PIC (not sure if it matters wether it is single or multi) and 500 Multi. Naturally, MPIC is better the SEPIC, but PIC is better than FO time, and turbine is better than piston etc.

PC-12 is a great airplane and it is good time, PIC, turbine, EFIS, high altitude, etc. cyyz has a good point with the possbility more $$$$. If you are lacking the PIC and the turbine time, it is a no brainer. Especially if you already have a healthy amount of multi time.

However I will remind you because I am sure a lot of people in this forum will do the same. IT IS A SINGLE ENGINE AIRPLANE which means there are risks.

For the record I flew one for many years and I never had a problem (knock on wood).

Good luck

PC12flyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PC12flyer »

I know a couple guys who just got on at Jazz, they had over a thousand hours on the PC-12 as PIC, and some multi time aswell, but not as much multi as they had PIC on the PC-12. Jazz took them with all that PC12 time so it can't hinder you at all. I think as long as you have a bit of both PIC and Multi experience, you're in good stead with Jazz.

No Conflict
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by No Conflict »

PC12flyer wrote:I know a couple guys who just got on at Jazz, they had over a thousand hours on the PC-12 as PIC, and some multi time aswell, but not as much multi as they had PIC on the PC-12. Jazz took them with all that PC12 time so it can't hinder you at all. I think as long as you have a bit of both PIC and Multi experience, you're in good stead with Jazz.
I think I know the same guys...... :x

Return to “Employment Forum”