Blimps?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Louis
Rank 8
Rank 8

Blimps?

Post by Louis »

Hello,

Does anyone have any information on flying advertisement blimps, like those operated by Goodyear, or Microcell (Fido)?

I'd like to know more about this somewhat rare and unusual job, and if it's anything worth considering.

Looking forward to your replies,

Louis
---------- ADS -----------

Ralliart
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Ralliart »

Sorry I don't have any info, but I saw one flying near downtown Vancouver today as I was driving the highway. First time I've seen one, anyone know what it was doing? I'd guess promos for the fireworks?

DiscoDashSeven
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by DiscoDashSeven »

Oh...The humanity!

I couldn't resist.

W5
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by W5 »

I remember seeing pilots wanted ads. for blimp pilots in Germany and the US. Would have been in the mid-90's, I think. Here is some info:
http://www.goodyearblimp.com/q_flying.html

http://www.dj-inabox.com/MediaMoments/2 ... mp-1.shtml

Youngback
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Youngback »

I know Goodyear takes on and trains its own pilots. Almost no movement in the industry as there are only about 20 active blimps in the world. As for requirements I've heard different stories from everyone. Some prefer helicopter pilots and apparently Goodyear takes multi fixed wing people. Not too sure why as the flying is more like really slow twin flying rather than being similar to a helicopter. It would be interesting but you live on the road travelling from town to town. Kind of like being in a flying circus I guess.

Always Moving
Rank 3
Rank 3

blips...

Post by Always Moving »

About 4-6 years ago there was an ad in findapilot asking for commercial pilots for a blip possition, for one of the major TV's, to tape NFL games, when I read it I though THAT would be a nice gig to talk about it 30 years later

Return to “Employment Forum”