Chances of landing a job?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ptc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Chances of landing a job?

Post by ptc »

Hey all,

Wondering what you think my chances of landing an entry level FO job are. I have 750 Total, 45 multi, 60 float, also have a Class 3 Instrcutor rating...

Iam currently in New Zealand but will be back in Canada in 2 weeks and will be instructing once I return.

I have sent out my CV to about 50 companies and have kept on there cases about work. Any other suggestions would be appreciated

PTC :D
---------- ADS -----------

LostinRotation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by LostinRotation »

Alot of companies have lowered their req's in recent months. Two that I know of went from 1500TT to 1200TT. i know that doesn't do you alot of good right now, but just so you know, requirements are getting more attainable for an entry level position. With your time I wouldn't think it would be too hard finding a job on a Navajo or a Caravan. You may have to move up North, but sometimes you have to go where the work is.

Best of luck: -=0=LiR=0=-

Sometimes I think it's a shame when I get feelin' better when I'm feelin no pain.

ptc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ptc »

Thnaks for the reply...I am more then willing to go where the jobs are

LostinRotation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by LostinRotation »

You don't have to look too hard these days....

Rescent Wabusk post

BE-10 First Officer Qualifications (MOH):
- 500 hrs TT
- Immunization record
- Recent and clean Criminal Record Check
- Applicants with time on type will be given preference

.....if you search for it, you will find. ;)

-=0=LiR=0=-

Sometimes I think it's a shame when I get feelin' better when I'm feelin no pain.

twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twinpratts »

I think it's a great time to be looking for work. If you're looking at the airlines in the end... I'd push for Central Mountain Air, or their Eastern counterpart, Georgian... many go directly into Air Canada from there.
Best of luck!

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
elfransa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by elfransa »

hi guys

i have around 300 hrs single and a little over 100hrs multi
that should count for something or is my 100hrs multi not enough to overlook my 400 total?

thnx
Franco

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

elf-

Will the 100 multi help? Sure to a point, but maybe not now...

400 is a tough number. You've broken out of being an absolute newb but you're still a newb... I'd go north - get on at a company with singles and twins. That 100 multi will help you get on the twin after you get some more time.

ptc -

You've got the time for a f/o spot somewhere I'd think. I'd try northern operators or sask/manitoba/n.ontario now and alberta operators after summer if something doesn't come up.

No road/end of the road places are a good bet. Like LIR posted Wabusk looks like a decent option for a year or two get some PIC on the ho and some turbine time too... and at least there is a train out. I'd try Mackenzie Valley area too...

Or you could go work the ramp :toimonster:

ptc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ptc »

thanks guys,
I have put my CV in with Wabusk, and have heard back already, have been told i will hear back in a week if I get chosen for an interview

does anyone have any info on them? wages, etc....

Return to “Employment Forum”