US security check

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

horizon
Rank 1
Rank 1

US security check

Post by horizon »

I was wondering how a guy with no 12500 lbs time can go to the US. Is it posible to get the investigation done by your self without going through a company. The reason I ask is some companies do not want the hassle of going through that themselves they would rather hire a guy that has 12500 lbs to go to the sim.
---------- ADS -----------

TTail
Rank 7
Rank 7

The US

Post by TTail »

Do you currently have the right to work in the US first off??

Pratt
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pratt »

I think that Horizon is talking about working for a Canadian company who does their sim training in the states, approval to train there has to be received before they will allow you into the country to train.

Horizon, did you do a search on this site? I recall it being discussed before, but I can't give you more info on your question.

TTail
Rank 7
Rank 7

US Training

Post by TTail »

ah I see what you're saying Pratt. If I remember correctly there is (or maybe was) a website called "flightschoolcandidates.com" or a name in that regard, I'm trying to find it here. You could download the application and submit it from there. I'm quite sure its in the nature of 10-15 pages of information and questions to be filled and I have heard the process time can be from 10 days to 5 weeks. The background check I believe is done by the DOJ (Department of Justice) so if you can't find anything, you might try searching some DOJ resources or websites about flight/sim training in the US.

I hope this somewhat helps.

TTail
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TTail »

Found It!!!

https://www.flightschoolcandidates.gov/

I was close! .gov instead of .com. I believe all the information you require should be located on that website.

Good luck with it 8)

Return to “Employment Forum”