Globemaster Air Cargo....New Start Up?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Globemaster Air Cargo....New Start Up?

Post by Kosiw »

Snooping around on the TC website, I found that a new company just registered a B1900C based out of Edmonton?? The company name is Globemaster Air Cargo.....anyone have any info on them or who they are flying for??
---------- ADS -----------

OW
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by OW »

The rumour mill suggests that Globmaster has put a deposit on a second B1900. The first is due to arrive in CYEG today.

Globmaster will operate from CYEG to points north (freight only for now).

Initial group of pilots will be receiving their training over the next few weeks (company sponsored, I hear). Also the initial group has been provided with company uniforms including a sharp looking leather jacket.

The company is backed by some fairly well healed individuals (I hear). This is something that is very necessary in this volitile industry.

Look for Globmaster to do something in this market.

Pilots get higher, SCUBA Divers do it deeper!
ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

OW: well healed, love it. Does that mean that you have to be old enough to have lost your cat I and got it back?

As for well heeled the cp for this outfit is very long in the tooth and an excellent person to work for.

I heard them flying around about a month ago. Probably doing some training.

ahramin

like2fly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by like2fly »

OW

Thanks for the post. Does anyone know if they are affiliated (management wise) with Alta Flights/Quikair out of CYEG? What are their requirements for FO's?

Thanks

OW
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by OW »

The answer to that is a very loud resounding NO!!!!! they are not.

OW
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by OW »

By the way AltaFlights and QuikAir are making like the Red Sea as well. :P :P

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

OW, since you seem to know about GAC, are you able to share any info such as, who is the CP, who owns them, who are they freighting for?

Can't seem to find any info on them on the net, are they that new??

OW
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by OW »

They are that new.

More information will be available over the next few weeks.

Right now my understanding is that they would just like to get their initial crew up and running. I expect that when they act on their option on the second 1900, they will be looking to increase crew as well.

Stand by for new...., well you get the idea. :wink:

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

Ok, its been a couple of weeks now....anything new to report??

OW
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by OW »

Rumour has it that they have approached some people who will be asked to come on board to crew the second aircraft when it comes on line. The ground school for the 1900 was done by CMA, but they are hiring someone out of the East to do the flight training.

My understanding is that they do not want a rush of resumes' so they are preferring to keep most of their information to themselves. I can say that I have known the Chief Pilot for ten+ years and I think he is a very fair person, with considerable experience. If I get told that the information is free to pass along I will be glad to do so. In the mean time I will respect the wishes of those involved.

Sorry.
8)

homeboy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by homeboy »

Heard the other day that this place was toast. good idea, bad timing not enough cash. Better luck next time eh!

cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

Would be nice if OW could comment..

OW
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by OW »

I appreciate that vote of confidence.

Since I have no knowlege of who homeboy is, I can not coment on his/her credibility.

I have not talked to anyone from Globemaster since homeboy's post, so I will not coment yet. I will try to get some information from the horses mouth (we all know that information from the other end is just horse sh*t).

Hope to post soon on this.
Doesn't sound likely based on what I have heard in the past about them. (from them) :wink:

OW
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by OW »

Just as I suspected, Globmaster is progreesing as planned. Everything is a go. I now know a few more of the players, some who I have known for more than ten years but did not know of their involvment until today.

Some good people with a good deal of experience are leading the group.

So what is the matter homeboy didn't you get a lollypop at the dentist the other day, or what?

As things progress I will be happy to pass on what becomes public knowlege ( ie what they don't mind me saying). Half of this group are friends of mine and I will not betray a friendship.

8)

Return to “Employment Forum”