Voyageur Airways training

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

TheBigMan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Voyageur Airways training

Post by TheBigMan »

Where do they do Sim Training?

thx
---------- ADS -----------

Tibor
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Voyageur Airways training

Post by Tibor »

Wherever you want.....you're paying for it!

Wha happened
MZUNGO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by MZUNGO »

toronto for the dash-8/7
montreal (i think) for the rj

4930's
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 4930's »

AT THE ROYAL BANK. Apprarently they give you a single engine fire, hydraulic malfunction, and total electrical loss in IMC. The toughest part is they do it to you while counting your money right in front of you!!! :lol:

Wacko
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Wacko »

well, 1 out of 3 ain't too bad

Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac. George Orwell
Disclaimer: The above post was not meant to offend anyone.
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

You didn't actually go there, did you? :smt040

4930's
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 4930's »

Nope..parents are poor. I have to work for a living

Too Cool
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Too Cool »

You guys never have anything good to say about anywhere. The old saying "IF YOU HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY, THAN DON'T SAY IT AT ALL" might be some good advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt014

tdot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tdot »

BE20 Sim Training is done in Moncton.

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

So would "Don't speak until you are spoken to" and "Children should be seen and not heard" works for you too, Cool.

Voyageur is a blight on the landscape, a mutant that should be destroyed. Just coz they've got some interesting a/c, doesn't mean you need to actually give them your money. :smt078

"What's it doing now?"
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
Too Cool
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Too Cool »

xsbank!!!!, you really have no idea what you are talking about just like doc and half the other morons that post on hear. Get the facts before you blab about Sh@#T.

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

He HAS the facts "cool".....VAL requires you to BUY your job...got it yet?

Too Cool
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Too Cool »

Nope don't get it !!!!!!!!!!! They don't get your money........

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

I don't really care who gets "your" money. The fact remains, it IS YOUR money, and you must upfront it for a job. This is known as "buying" a job. You pay for someting....upfront...this is known as a purchase...got it yet?

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

xsbank!!!!, you really have no idea what you are talking about just like doc and half the other morons that post on hear.
Who is the moron?

Someone who works to get paid.

Or

Someone who pays to get work?

Someday you may mature to the point you will be able to answer that one Too Cool.

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
tdot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tdot »

Too Cool is correct, VAL does not touch your money. CIBC holds the money in a GIC for 1 year and at the end of the year you haven't paid for anything, so I don't really understand what all the VAL bond excitement is about or how it is any different from many other operators (ie, Bearskin, Thunder, Bravo, Sunwing, Porter etc).

Tibor
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tibor »

Too Cool is correct, VAL does not touch your money. CIBC holds the money in a GIC for 1 year and at the end of the year you haven't paid for anything, so I don't really understand what all the VAL bond excitement is about or how it is any different from many other operators (ie, Bearskin, Thunder, Bravo, Sunwing, Porter etc).
ok, put your 10k or 20k (whatever it is) savings into this "bond" and then, with the great wages that I'm sure VAL is going to pay, try and get a mortgage. Denied. Same thing if you borrowed the money from the bank to put into this bond, you arent going to get a mortgage, especially now with the new rules for the CMHC that start in September to prevent whats happening in the US.

OR

The interest rate on a 1 yr GIC is 2% (from TD website July 26). If you invested it in 50% low risk and 50% moderate risk would likely return 7-10% (I have 2 investment groups in that range, one returned 14% the other 8%, in the last year) That GIC that VAL is happy to help you get wont even cover inflation this year. Last months rate alone was 3.1 % (http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story ... 9f55369ca1

Wha happened
Lost Lake
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Lost Lake »

Question: Why do you have to give money up front?
Answer: Because as a new F/O with little experience, you will know so much after just 4 months that every company in Canada will want to hire you as a senior cptn, and you will leave :rolleyes:

Answer: Our cptns might be shit, we might treat you like shit, or other, therefore, if we can make you stick it out for 1 yr upon threat of taking your money, and we make money off your bond and your occupying a right seat that's great.

Answer: Cause idiots like too cool are lined up to pay even more to wear a white shirt with eplets.

How come you don't see ads like; Wanted, new doctor..must bring own equipment, staff and supply $150K bond to work in our little dump of a community, because we know that in 2 yr, you will get sick of losy hours and low pay and the same stupid ailments??

What little I do know is either not important or I've forgotten it!
Transport Canada's mission statement: We're not happy until you're not happy
Beach 200
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Beach 200 »

Bitching about the bond again.. it's not your life, why give a shit..... You guys should work for TC, cause bitching is all your good at.

Wacko
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Wacko »

What's really fascinating is that this post/user didn't even come CLOSE to mentioning a bond of any kind.

Why do you people, especially you who have been here for a while, insist on hijacking every thread there is about VAL?! This is getting ridiculous. Soon, you won't be able to ask about jobs at Jazz because they only pay 35k/year for the first year FO or foreign airlines because you're "rubbing it in" for those flying in Canada... people... GET A LIFE.. STAY ON TOPIC!

Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac. George Orwell
Disclaimer: The above post was not meant to offend anyone.

Return to “Employment Forum”