jobs for low time pilot

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

antigravity
Rank 0
Rank 0

jobs for low time pilot

Post by antigravity »

Guys please help young pilots like me to get a job with low hours, so that we build up time and earn at the same time. I have FAA CPL IR/MEL 270 hrs in hand.
Can anyone guide me where to get a job and start flying?
Many thanks to you all.
~~ a young pilot seeking advice from elders~~ :|
---------- ADS -----------

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: jobs for low time pilot

Post by flying4dollars »

antigravity wrote:Guys please help young pilots like me to get a job with low hours, so that we build up time and earn at the same time. I have FAA CPL IR/MEL 270 hrs in hand.
Can anyone guide me where to get a job and start flying?
Many thanks to you all.
~~ a young pilot seeking advice from elders~~ :|

road trip...go north..bang on some doors. bring timmies with you...that shit will go over well in towns that dont have one

antigravity
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by antigravity »

road trip...go north..bang on some doors. bring timmies with you...that shit will go over well in towns that dont have one[/quote]
its very nice of you to reply. but didnt quite dissolve :!: :?:

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

antigravity wrote:road trip...go north..bang on some doors. bring timmies with you...that shit will go over well in towns that dont have one
its very nice of you to reply. but didnt quite dissolve :!: :?:[/quote]

okay...

get in your car...bring a stack of resumes and TP....drive to northern canadian regions...knock on the doors of charter companies that DON'T exist in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto etc...say hello, introduce yourself, have a look around...give said resumes to chief pilots...and continue this until you find something...

again...go north....

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

His first step should probably be to convert his FAA license. (i don't know about FAA to TC but if you are going from a TC license to an FAA license you need to submit your documents a minimum of 90 days prior to picking up your new license)

LegoMan
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by LegoMan »

Forget the big cities. There are low time jobs there but unless you know the right people your chances of getting it are very low. And even then you wont be paid enough to survive. If you want to stay in the big city then instruct. IF you want to fly turbines, then work the ramp. If you just want to fly, head north and look for C206 or PA31 jobs. Good luck! I know now is not the best time to get hired but convert your licence. Ive been told some companies will be hiring in February.

antigravity
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by antigravity »

Thanks for the advice. I would definitely convert the license and go north. I am not a citizen of Canada nor I have a degree certificate. Is there any problem of me being able to work legally in Canada.
Thanks again, :)

LegoMan
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by LegoMan »

Yes in that case you cant work in Canada unless you have the legal right to work in Canada. Same goes for Canadians wishing to work in the U.S.

Blue Side Down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Blue Side Down »

Visit a dropzone in your area which operates a piston Cessna... they'll usually hire low time pilots, sometimes with much less than the 350 or 500 hour standards you see north of the border here. Same basics apply as stated above... you won't find that first job sitting on the couch, or in front of a flat-screen. If you're looking for bush flying, you don't necessarily need to convert to a Canadian license, rather you'll just need to burn a little more gas to get north of British Columbia.

KAFUFO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by KAFUFO »

The Yukon?

Blue Side Down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Blue Side Down »

You must be a pilot, pleased to meet ya :rolleyes:

alti2d
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by alti2d »

So if you are not able to work in Canada, are you able to in the US? If not there, where are you able to work? Once that is figured out, then I'm sure people will be able to direct you towards some potential opportuities... All the same, good luck. That first job is a difficult one to find :wink:

Ronner
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ronner »

Why do want to work up here, Their are 100s more companies that operate airplanes down there. Your not trying hard enff or your to picky. Go to a DZ next season and you will be flying, and if you do your homework you will be in a turbine before the winter. You also have year round in the south........ If you cant find a way to swap lifes let me know I will go fly in the USA and you can go freeze up north.

antigravity
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by antigravity »

Thanks a lot people for the reply.
I am just a new born in this field with just a cpl in hand and I swear its really hard to find a job with my low hours.
I am an international student here in US on non work permit visa and reaching out other neighboring countries, keeping my options wide. I will be very thankful if anyone could suggest me where to start flying.
Sincerely,

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

you have to find somewhere that you have a right to work (you have Citizenship or landed immigrant status)

desksgo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by desksgo »

antigravity wrote:Thanks a lot people for the reply.
I am just a new born in this field with just a cpl in hand and I swear its really hard to find a job with my low hours.
I am an international student here in US on non work permit visa and reaching out other neighboring countries, keeping my options wide. I will be very thankful if anyone could suggest me where to start flying.
Sincerely,
Would you be willing to pay for a PPC / checkout?

machuu99
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by machuu99 »

Go to a DZ next season and you will be flying, and if you do your homework you will be in a turbine before the winter.

What is a DZ???

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Drop Zone (parachuting)

machuu99
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by machuu99 »

Sorry... Thank you!

INTERESTING
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by INTERESTING »

If you would be willing to pay for a Checkout or PPC are there any jobs available?

Adrian

Return to “Employment Forum”