FedEx pilots

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Kahlua
Rank 1
Rank 1

FedEx pilots

Post by Kahlua »

Does FedEx only hire American pilots or do they recruit Canadians as well? Anyone? :)
---------- ADS -----------

ice ice baby
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ice ice baby »

I believe just American pilots. Flights between 2 points inside canada are contracted out. You should find more info if you search for Morningstar, as they have some 208's and '27 on fedex contracts.

red003
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by red003 »

yes that's correct. fedex only flies for themselves in the states so you'd have to either be american or have a green card and faa licenses. everything point-to-point in canada is contracted.

Cap'n P8
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cap'n P8 »

How about overseas...I hear they (the actual company not contractors) fly over in Europe and down in central and south america. Does anyone know if you can work for them in europe for example if you have an EU passport and FAA tickets?

"Hell, I'll fly up your ass if the money's right!"
Orlando Jones - Say It Isn't So
TTail
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TTail »

I believe aside from Memphis being their main hub, they have a pilot base in France but again same rules apply, they have Americans over there flying those routes as well.

pa31t
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pa31t »

They fly over Europe with their own planes and crews under N-Register. They contract out small and local routes

Cap'n P8
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cap'n P8 »

The question I'm trying to get answered is could I work for them based on my European citizenship if the aircraft are based in Europe.

"Hell, I'll fly up your ass if the money's right!"
Orlando Jones - Say It Isn't So
pa31t
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pa31t »

The answer my friend is negative, they only hire US citizens to fly their airplanes no matter where they are based. The FEDEX guys here in LGTS are US citizens with FAA licences and no EU passport or work visa. On extremely rare occasion do hire non US citizens provided that they have ATP FAA licence with some heavy time under their belt and then only to work outside of USA.
Good luck

UKBound
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by UKBound »

The February 05 Airways magazine has an article on this.

The Fedex crews in Europe, South America, etc, are Memphis based. They flying is put up to bid quarterly, and probably goes quite senior. But basically, Memphis based so you have to be an American, or have a Greencard.

Regards

UKBound

Return to “Employment Forum”