Molson King Air Captain

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

willing to fly
Rank 2
Rank 2

Molson King Air Captain

Post by willing to fly »

Just wondering if anyone out there has first hand knowledge of these guys. I seem to remember a few job postings for them in the last 6 months. One for a captain and FO not that long ago and also a Chief Pilot...?
---------- ADS -----------

Krashman
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Molson King Air Captain

Post by Krashman »

What type of aircraft have they got besides a Kingair 200... if any

Having trouble reaching ATC? Squak 7500
Randleman
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Randleman »

Nothing, and that King Air is still sitting at the St Andrews airport by runway 36. Hasn't budged, except to move there from the Keystone hangar, since the job ad came up in December

flyinthebug
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flyinthebug »

Randleman wrote:Nothing, and that King Air is still sitting at the St Andrews airport by runway 36. Hasn't budged, except to move there from the Keystone hangar, since the job ad came up in December
Actually, they have a DHC2 and C185 on floats that stay busy throughout the summer. All they need to "get the King Air moving" is a CP. H is a good guy and would treat his CP right. Just an FYI.

lazyboy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by lazyboy »

look up his last year beaver pilot befor you apply for the job

Merry maid
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Merry maid »

Well I beg to differ about H treating his CP well. That is absolute BS. I could tell you a story that will curl your hair. For future applicants for any job at this company, one word of warning.............BEWARE

There was also a previous post from a fellow who thought he had a job there and was apparently forgotten about when the time to report for his job arrived.

Randleman
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Randleman »

flyinthebug wrote:
Randleman wrote:Nothing, and that King Air is still sitting at the St Andrews airport by runway 36. Hasn't budged, except to move there from the Keystone hangar, since the job ad came up in December
Actually, they have a DHC2 and C185 on floats that stay busy throughout the summer. All they need to "get the King Air moving" is a CP. H is a good guy and would treat his CP right. Just an FYI.
Right, sorry I meant in the way of Multi aircraft.
I totally believe it, and I am not saying anything about the owner at all. I would work for him myself, if I had the hours. I was just making a note about the airplane not moving, which was trivial to me, but your post explains it!

Krashman
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Krashman »

Nothing, and that King Air is still sitting at the St Andrews airport by runway 36. Hasn't budged, except to move there from the Keystone hangar, since the job ad came up in December
Did they aquire the aircraft from Keystone?

Having trouble reaching ATC? Squak 7500
Randleman
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Randleman »

No, Keystone imported it for them, why?

chinglish
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chinglish »

Randleman wrote:No, Keystone imported it for them, why?
because knowing where the aircraft is coming from is a good indication of how the previous company is doing.

Randleman
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Randleman »

chinglish wrote:
Randleman wrote:No, Keystone imported it for them, why?
because knowing where the aircraft is coming from is a good indication of how the previous company is doing.
Not necessarily. I know Calm Air was selling one of their SAABs a while back, and everyone thought "oh maybe calm air is slowing down? etc." so I asked one of their pilots and the response was "Actually, they are making room in their fleet for more ATRs, and that was a high time SAAB so they wanted to sell it while they can still get some money for it."
Keystone seems to be doing quite well, from what I've observed.

chinglish
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chinglish »

I didnt' say it had to be an indication of how "bad" a company was doing. Sorry I should have made myself more clear. "Knowing all types of aircraft movement (selling/buying) is a good indication of how a company is doing" Knowing Calmair is selling 340's to make room for ATR's is an indication that the company likes how the ATR is performing and is willing to spend the money to trade up for a newer machine.

oldncold
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by oldncold »

seems the the thread got side tracked in the last 4or 5 posts so back on track

1 ) king air ready to go pilots hired/trained cp ops etc in place waiting for final approvals re manitoba health and tc should be any day now according to my source.

summer beaver pilot / 185 hired so. there is the update king molson air is ready to go .

fly safe everyone :D :D

Randleman
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Randleman »

oldncold wrote:seems the the thread got side tracked in the last 4or 5 posts so back on track

1 ) king air ready to go pilots hired/trained cp ops etc in place waiting for final approvals re manitoba health and tc should be any day now according to my source.

summer beaver pilot / 185 hired so. there is the update king molson air is ready to go .

fly safe everyone :D :D
They have it already. I was wrong about waiting for a Chief Pilot. I saw it take off from St Andrews to go to Norway House, and actually got to talk to the Chief Pilot. They were waiting for Manitoba Health, and now have the stamp to go ahead.

Return to “Employment Forum”