Calgary IFR Renewal for $599?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

jp7500
Rank 1
Rank 1

Calgary IFR Renewal for $599?

Post by jp7500 »

There was a banner ad for a company in Calgary offering IFR renewals for $599 a couple of months back.I haven't seen the ad since and i'm wondering if anyone here knows of the company and there web address?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Ralliart
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Calgary IFR Renewal for $599?

Post by Ralliart »

I was thinking of doing this as well:

http://www.theairacademy.com/Rates/rates.php

canadapilot924
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by canadapilot924 »

Good place, renewed mine there not long back. Budget for more than $600 though, by the time you've done a couple of briefs and a few hours figuring out the Sim, you're past a grand.

ng78
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ng78 »

It will be significantly higher. That is based on minimum time in the sim, and using the cheapest option - single engine piston. If you are renewing a Group 1 IFR, then the sim cost goes up. The exam fee is also not included in their $599 budget, so you can add a few hundred bucks right there.

For anybody in Ontario, I suggest you contact Diamond Flight Centre in London, Ontario. Their Twin Star sim is certified for IFR renewals. I was in contact with them, and they seemed very friendly, and their rates were quite reasonable. I ended up going through another option, but that was through a personal contact who cut me a break.

Good luck with your renewal!

Naveed
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Naveed »

Just did mine at Harv's Air, under 600 with the exam included in the redbird motion type sim, in and out and the people were nice.

jp7500
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jp7500 »

Thanks to all that answered my question!!! Really appreciate it. Good luck to everyone that is looking for work.

BankAngle1987
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BankAngle1987 »

Confederation College in Thunder Bay offers MIFR renewal training as well. They do it on a Frasca Beech Baron in about 4 days of training. $120/hr for the sim and $50/hr for the instructor. Examiner's in-house and a really great guy as well. A whole whack of guys from Wasaya, Bravo, Bearskin etc have been going there so far with really great results.

Changes in Latitudes
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Changes in Latitudes »

A whole whack of guys from Wasaya, Bravo, Bearskin etc have been going there so far with really great results.
You've lost me there. Why are the pilots of two 705 airlines and a medevac operator doing MIFR rides in a Frasca FTD? :oops:

Indanao
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Indanao »

Hi. Am looking for something reasonable in Vancouver. Haven't experience with any here, and would like to hear what others have done.

BankAngle1987
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BankAngle1987 »

Changes in Latitudes wrote:
A whole whack of guys from Wasaya, Bravo, Bearskin etc have been going there so far with really great results.
You've lost me there. Why are the pilots of two 705 airlines and a medevac operator doing MIFR rides in a Frasca FTD? :oops:

From what I hear its a mix of guys looking to upgrade to Captain and thus requiring a current Group 1 to get their A's signed off, and the standard "my ticket's up in 2 weeks can you help" lot. :| However on second thought it wasn't Bearskin but certainly a few from Ornge.

Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Return to “Employment Forum”