Finders fees for jobs.

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

Finders fees for jobs.

Post by Panama Jack »

Came across the following ad today. Never had seen anything quite like it but thought it was interesting:
ATP Professional Pilot Looking For Pilot Position-$1500 Finder’s Fee
ATP pilot with 7200+ Hrs looking for crew position in Corporate or airline.
I believe my 25 years of aviation experience as a Chief Pilot, and Captain along with my professional background uniquely qualifies me for a position in your Flight Department. Offering $1500 finder’s fee paid to anyone that leads to job with me being hired. ($2000 if in XXX area) but I’m willing to relocate.
Money is a great incentive for anybody, and it sounds like a reasonable amount of money to pay to a third party to hook one up to the ideal job. Anybody else come across to something like this in our profession or any thoughts?
---------- ADS -----------

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan
loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Finders fees for jobs.

Post by loopa »

Consider it an investment into your own career... :D

Hot Fuel
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Hot Fuel »

Just another way of buying your job! Too lazy to look for myself, I'll pay somebody to look for me. Market opens at $1500.00, I wonder what its going to top out at?

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

Hot Fuel wrote:Just another way of buying your job! Too lazy to look for myself, I'll pay somebody to look for me. Market opens at $1500.00, I wonder what its going to top out at?
On that note I would say it would have to do with what part of the world you're looking for employment in. If you're looking for work outside of North America, well in that case, guys do such extremities such as buying type ratings making this 1500 buy in something very insignificant. But I can see how this system would be beaten to death and used as a way to make money by our capitalist leaders if implemented in Canada/States ;) :lol:

"Johnny goes to agency X to find him a pilot job. Agency X says, Johnny, you have to lease out a loan under your name for 10,000 and give a will of full rights to us. Johnny says "b,b,bu,bu,butt it only says 1500. Yes, well first of all that poster is from years ago, and we haven't updated it yet, and second of all, we want to be able to get your type rating done right away. Johnny says, oh okay, I guess you're right, there is a pilot shortage after all" 8)

rocco1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by rocco1 »

Imagine I know a mob boss and I say:`` Hey can you help me to get a job as a pilot? I will make you an offer you cant refuse!``

It is so ridiculous! Please change career..do not post insults like this on a pubblic forum. It is offensive for who is still working hard with ethic and to who made the money for training washing toilets or dishes in restaurant and it doesnt have even more energy to put up with all this BS

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

rocco1 wrote:Imagine I know a mob boss and I say:`` Hey can you help me to get a job as a pilot? I will make you an offer you cant refuse!``

It is so ridiculous! Please change career..do not post insults like this on a pubblic forum. It is offensive for who is still working hard with ethic and to who made the money for training washing toilets or dishes in restaurant and it doesnt have even more energy to put up with all this BS
I think you and I are virtually saying the same thing. Unless my sarcasm wasn't obvious. I am ridiculing how if we start paying people to get us jobs, agencies would probably find a way to make money out of the business while keeping pilot's on some type of "training-bond-alike" condition with a loan under their name. Or imagine this, all the kids who's parents would be able to pay off money to get them their first job. How corrupt of an industry would that be on top of how it is today?

So my opinion, paying to get a job, regardless, is a bad idea.

Kudos to guys like yourself that demand respect and dignity in this industry! 8)

rocco1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by rocco1 »

loopa,

My criticism was not for you rather for the person who posted that kind of offer, that will attract the most unstable minds into the idea that to become a professional pilot only requires money and for those who dont have it, it is just waste of time. I will fight this kind of mentality up to my last day in this world.

And we have to be careful how we come up with ideas that might change this industry. We have to keep in mind that this is how things work in Canada. It doesn`t mean that we cant improve things, it means that we cant start to put up ideas that don`t have any common sense. It is a very conservative country and aviation is very much so. So when someone post things like that, just ignore it.

Anyway good luck with your job hunting

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

rocco1 wrote:loopa,

My criticism was not for you rather for the person who posted that kind of offer, that will attract the most unstable minds into the idea that to become a professional pilot only requires money and for those who dont have it, it is just waste of time. I will fight this kind of mentality up to my last day in this world.

And we have to be careful how we come up with ideas that might change this industry. We have to keep in mind that this is how things work in Canada. It doesn`t mean that we cant improve things, it means that we cant start to put up ideas that don`t have any common sense. It is a very conservative country and aviation is very much so. So when someone post things like that, just ignore it.

Anyway good luck with your job hunting
Ah okay! :) Thanks for the good luck, glad I'm not on the hunt anymore. And I hear what you mean about the industry... let's hope for the best :D

rocco1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by rocco1 »

So you should wish me good luck...I am still on the other side :rolleyes:
cheers

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

rocco1 wrote:So you should wish me good luck...I am still on the other side :rolleyes:
cheers
I don't need to... you'll find something.

Return to “Employment Forum”