Sky Regional Q400 ?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

vrefplus5
Rank 3
Rank 3

Sky Regional Q400 ?

Post by vrefplus5 »

Saturday's Globe and Mail

Any info ?

http://www.workopolis.com/EN/Theme/Glob ... b/11681266
---------- ADS -----------

Changes in Latitudes
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Sky Regional Q400 ?

Post by Changes in Latitudes »

The only thing google could really come up with was a tie to Sky Service.
"If you would like to be added to our “Resume Bank” for jobs related to Skyservice Business Aviation or Sky Regional Airlines please submit your resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to"

RA-DOME
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RA-DOME »

Ditto on the Skyservice... fax number shows belonging to skyservice airlines inc.

http://www19.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/~eeisadmin ... t_employer

av8tor_assrope
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by av8tor_assrope »

Call me crazy but this might just be the company that is going to be operating out of YTZ to compete with Porter.

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
Main Gear
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Main Gear »

The domain www.skyregional.com is registered by an email address from skyservicebas.com.

Never point your aircraft to some place your brain hasn't already been 5 minutes earlier.
pointyertoes
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pointyertoes »

Is there a secret Q400 factory I'm unaware of? Last I heard, the wait for airplanes was 2 years. (and there are very few if no used airplanes on the market)Or are they taking Q400s that are allocated for Jazz?
This is a very interesting turn of events: Evidently Jazz is either not capable or unwilling to restart YTZ service (costs perhaps), or AC is preading the risk around by contracting SV (and circumventing their union scope clause).

ng78
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ng78 »

pointyertoes wrote:Is there a secret Q400 factory I'm unaware of? Last I heard, the wait for airplanes was 2 years. (and there are very few if no used airplanes on the market)Or are they taking Q400s that are allocated for Jazz?
This is a very interesting turn of events: Evidently Jazz is either not capable or unwilling to restart YTZ service (costs perhaps), or AC is preading the risk around by contracting SV (and circumventing their union scope clause).
These are second hand Q400's from an Asian airline.

pointyertoes
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pointyertoes »

ng78 wrote:
pointyertoes wrote:Is there a secret Q400 factory I'm unaware of? Last I heard, the wait for airplanes was 2 years. (and there are very few if no used airplanes on the market)Or are they taking Q400s that are allocated for Jazz?
These are second hand Q400's from an Asian airline.
...if you're referring to the Jeju machines, I believe they've been sold to Aires in Colombia. I know pilots who have been training their pilots lately on these a/c.

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

I heard it was the X Frontier machines......

ng78
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ng78 »

Could very well be the case. They're definitely second hand, but I was told they were the Asian ones. I'm not surprised that could be wrong :lol:

Phileas Fogg
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Phileas Fogg »

Looks like the ad is on AvCanada now....

:D

This industry is getting better by the day (knock on wood)

ps - i see the closing date isn't until November......guess they're not in a mad panic.

Dhc6to8
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dhc6to8 »

Aires definitely got the Korean ex JeJu machines .... I know, because I ferried one over to Colombia. These machines were discovered to have several problems due to poor handling and maintenance.... it was so bad that a good friend of mine who went to Korea to help set up the JeJu maintenance base left after 6 days in country (he was suposed to be there for 6 months)... and he returned home to Canada.... Ole, Pete has been with me on several global hops and knows his birds inside and out....
JeJu went for the B737.... they found the Q400 to be too much to handle pilot and maintenance wise.... so they went for the easier and more simpler machine!!
Cheers and fly safe boys... seems the industry in starting to pick up!
6to8

bluenote
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by bluenote »

I thought you needed 2 million dollars to make 1 million in any aviation service in this Country from what I have been reading. All I've been reading is that anybody would be crazy to start any new service whether it would be a training school, charter service or this a regional service. Don't we have enough in the YYZ area such as Jazz, Porter, Alliance. Does Sky Regional have something special that they are going to offer?

I don't know what else to add, if anybody knows how they are going to be successful and believe me I hope they do very well and provide a great product, it's just that most people in Aviation here in Canada think any new service using airplanes is simply crazy.

My two cents.

av8tor_assrope
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by av8tor_assrope »

The Q's belong to Air Canada. Sky regional is going to be operating on behalf of Air Canada to compete with Porter.

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
ZBBYLW
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ZBBYLW »

If that is the case with the Q400s operating for AC I really hope that the pilots do not undercut what the QK pilots would have earned on that airplane. It's time to not stab your fellow pilots in the back, stand up for what is right and demand proper t & c.

av8tor_assrope
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by av8tor_assrope »

Right on!

Biggles
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Biggles »

ZBBYLW: well said.

Wonder if it's going to be another thing like Enerjet - as in something that never really got off the ground

It is better to be sitting on the ground wishing you were in the air than being in the air wishing you were on the ground
CorpPilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by CorpPilot »

Biggles wrote:ZBBYLW: well said.

Wonder if it's going to be another thing like Enerjet - as in something that never really got off the ground
It will most certainly get off the ground..... The question is how long will it stay off the ground>

Changes in Latitudes
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Changes in Latitudes »

If it is run by Air Canada to take some business from Porter, is it not then competing with Jazz and ruffling some feathers with the Jazz people? Why is Jazz not involved? Or perhaps they are?

mantogasrsrwy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mantogasrsrwy »

I was told by an Air Canada pilot that he thought it was in answer to the Thomas Cook deal.

Return to “Employment Forum”