AVCANADA

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:12 pm

All times are UTC-07:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Air Creebec
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:02 pm 
Offline
Rank 0
Rank 0

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 10:29 am
Posts: 1
Good day all,

I was hoping to find some current info on Air Creebec.

How set in stone is being bilingual.
Do they base Dash 8 Pilots in Timmins?
Do they need any Dash pilots?
What is their month like? Reserve? Standby? etc...

Any info is greatly appreciated.



Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Air Creebec
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:31 am 
Offline
Rank 3
Rank 3

Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:10 pm
Posts: 163
Well you can take this info with a grain of salt, cause I never worked there! Only what I know and heard (Second Hand).

Dash guys are based in YUL and YTS.

If your not french speaking, you'll most likely get Timmins base. Also, they don't really hire onto the dash. Depending on experience you can get direct Capt (If they need a capt) on the dash 8. Most likely FO on the dash and EMB 110 captain. You could also possibly get a position of the Hawker 748 doing cargo as an FO. Most Captains there are career captains at Creebec, hardly any captains leave.

Pay, is something I don't really know much of. I think Dash FO's start mid to high $30's and so does a EMB 110 Captain. Schedule, I have no clue on. You are Bonded/Promissory Note at Cree by the way!



Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Air Creebec
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:57 pm 
Offline
Rank 8
Rank 8
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:56 am
Posts: 838
Beach 200 wrote:
Well you can take this info with a grain of salt, cause I never worked there! Only what I know and heard (Second Hand).

Dash guys are based in YUL and YTS.

If your not french speaking, you'll most likely get Timmins base. Also, they don't really hire onto the dash. Depending on experience you can get direct Capt (If they need a capt) on the dash 8. Most likely FO on the dash and EMB 110 captain. You could also possibly get a position of the Hawker 748 doing cargo as an FO. Most Captains there are career captains at Creebec, hardly any captains leave.

Pay, is something I don't really know much of. I think Dash FO's start mid to high $30's and so does a EMB 110 Captain. Schedule, I have no clue on. You are Bonded/Promissory Note at Cree by the way!


EMB captains make mid-high 30's? Ouch :shock:



Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Air Creebec
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:57 am 
Offline
Rank 5
Rank 5

Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:05 am
Posts: 309
Hey,

Excellent company with good benefits and a solid contract (no union).

As mentioned above if you're not billingual you will be based in YTS. You could get direct entry on the Dash in YTS only if you meet the requirements. Otherwise you'll start on the Embraer 110 or the HS748. It usually doesn't too long before you can move to the Dash.

Salaries are around 40-45K for Bandit/King Air captain, Dash and 748 FOs are around 35-45K depending on how many years you've been there. Captains can make around 90K.

Scheds in YUL are great, you work about 8 to 10 days a month and are home every night. You fly around 50 to 60h a months (about 140h duty time). In YTS I'm not sure.

Overall a great and safe company to work for with a lot of nice people.

Hope this helps


_________________
Born to fly, forced to work


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Air Creebec
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:40 pm 
Offline
Rank 3
Rank 3

Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:18 am
Posts: 176
Seems to be a well kept secret in our industry. With the massive hiring spree to start this fall and continue throughout 2016, I think its quite good to open up a few other options, as this shuffle will surely affect alot of smaller companies out there.

Wanted to launch a few enquiries about this airline. Not much to be found in regards to recruitment, besides the type of equipment they use and the routes. Would like to know about their entry requirements for Captains and F/O's. In those many years I have spent on this website, I must declare I have never seen any ''pilot'' job postings. This could only mean two things: Entry through other positions in the company or Entry by strong internal references. Unfortunately with the good times ahead predicted, they might have to drop those previous entry requirements. Any information would be great for all of us to hear!

REgards



Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Air Creebec
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:23 pm 
Offline
Rank 8
Rank 8

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:24 am
Posts: 761
This doesn't make them look like a very attractive employer

http://..com/regionals-705-704/air-creebec/



Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Air Creebec
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:16 pm 
Offline
Rank 5
Rank 5

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:40 pm
Posts: 332
....


Last edited by upintheair_ on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Air Creebec
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:06 pm 
Offline
Rank 1
Rank 1

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:08 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Ontario, Canada
Sky_Conqueror wrote:
Seems to be a well kept secret in our industry. With the massive hiring spree to start this fall and continue throughout 2016, I think its quite good to open up a few other options, as this shuffle will surely affect alot of smaller companies out there.

Wanted to launch a few enquiries about this airline. Not much to be found in regards to recruitment, besides the type of equipment they use and the routes. Would like to know about their entry requirements for Captains and F/O's. In those many years I have spent on this website, I must declare I have never seen any ''pilot'' job postings. This could only mean two things: Entry through other positions in the company or Entry by strong internal references. Unfortunately with the good times ahead predicted, they might have to drop those previous entry requirements. Any information would be great for all of us to hear!

REgards



Check PM



Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Air Creebec
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:25 am 
Offline
Rank 3
Rank 3

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:35 pm
Posts: 158
Buzz Lightyear wrote:
Hey,

Excellent company with good benefits and a solid contract (no union).

As mentioned above if you're not billingual you will be based in YTS. You could get direct entry on the Dash in YTS only if you meet the requirements. Otherwise you'll start on the Embraer 110 or the HS748. It usually doesn't too long before you can move to the Dash.

Salaries are around 40-45K for Bandit/King Air captain, Dash and 748 FOs are around 35-45K depending on how many years you've been there. Captains can make around 90K.

Scheds in YUL are great, you work about 8 to 10 days a month and are home every night. You fly around 50 to 60h a months (about 140h duty time). In YTS I'm not sure.

Overall a great and safe company to work for with a lot of nice people.

Hope this helps


If you fly only for 8 to 10 days a month, is it possible to do commuting with this company? Like you are based in YUL and commute from YQB.



Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Air Creebec
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:50 pm 
Offline
Rank 0
Rank 0

Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 9:07 pm
Posts: 13
Any infos about the company? I heard that the situation is pretty special right now. I would love to work for Creebec!!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Air Creebec
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:49 am 
Offline
Rank 3
Rank 3

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:35 pm
Posts: 158
A good company to work for, certainly one of the best regional operator in Canada.

Only operating Dash right now, bases are Montreal, Timmins and Val d'Or.


40k to start, 11 GDO per 28 days. Reserve is only from 6AM to 6 PM. You fly around 10 days a month and 500 hours a year.
Upgrades are slow, around 4 years right now since they bought new planes, was 7 years a year ago.
Captains never leave, FO's are leaving right now for Transat or Jazz (quicker upgrade).

If you are looking for lifestyle go for Cree.



Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC-07:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gaamin, Hoov and 41 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
[ GZIP: Off ]

For questions/comments please send them to
avcanada@gmail.com


AvCanada Topsites List
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. If you feel a topic or post is inappropriate email us at avcanada@gmail.com .  By reading these forums you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable. This website is not responsible or liable in any way for any false or misleading messages or job ads placed at our site. 

Use AvCanada's information at your own risk!

We reserve the right to remove any messages that we deem unacceptable.
When you post a message, your IP is logged and may be provided to concerned parties where unethical or illegal behavior is apparent. All rights reserved.