Algonquin airlink

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

lr60pilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Algonquin airlink

Post by lr60pilot »

Has anyone heard back from these guys.Or am I the 0.000001 percent that didn,t get a reply.
---------- ADS -----------

sky Rookie
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Algonquin airlink

Post by sky Rookie »

i got an email saying to make my resume more personable in the future :lol:

P180
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by P180 »

I didn,t get anything either so we,re both in the same boat.

rapid602
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rapid602 »

Heard nothing either .... make room in the boat.

CJ3PILOT
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CJ3PILOT »

The boat is getting full. I didn,t get one either. But I think he said late March or early April he would be calling.

Just Because
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Just Because »

Haven't heard anything either...

Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

I don't think a boat can cut it. I think we need an oil tanker...I didn't get anything either. Anyways, I might have a 0.0034% chance of making it anyway since I'm sure 6 dudes with a PPCs on type and 5000 hours applied. I almost lost all hope in being able to make it there.

CJ3PILOT
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CJ3PILOT »

Sky_Conqueror wrote:I don't think a boat can cut it. I think we need an oil tanker...I didn't get anything either. Anyways, I might have a 0.0034% chance of making it anyway since I'm sure 6 dudes with a PPCs on type and 5000 hours applied. I almost lost all hope in being able to make it there.
Well friend I have a PPC on the 550 and 10000 plus hours and lots of corporate time and didn,t get a call so I guess that almost makes me second in command of this row boat. At least we are all making a joke out of this

doorhandle27
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by doorhandle27 »

I applied for this same gig 1.5 yrs ago, got several responses showing interest in my experience. I responded every time saying I was very interested and would be readily available for an interview. He kept telling me it'll be next month, next month, next month and so on. After silence for several weeks I wrote back asking him if the position was filled or if I was still on the consideration list. Didn't hear a word back. I don't know if they get too busy with trying to write everyone but I was a little frustrated and dissapointed and haven't bothered to waist my time again. Got a good corp job now anyway.

I've heard it's a good gig so good luck all but I wouldn't be too worried if you don't hear back or too excited if you do.

Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

I'm beginning to think that getting a job in this goddam industry is like lottery. Either you have it or you don't, regardless of experience....

CJ3PILOT
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CJ3PILOT »

Sky_Conqueror wrote:I'm beginning to think that getting a job in this goddam industry is like lottery. Either you have it or you don't, regardless of experience....
I second that. Experince is nothing now. It's who you know.

Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by 180 »

Bingo!

Sulako
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Sulako »

Respect will/should/shall be given to all those who have applied. People will be contacted within the next couple of weeks, either way. As per the ad, please be patient - it's a small flight department. A new aircraft type (or two) are being added to the OC's, and there are a lot of other items that require immediate attention. Interviewing is high on that list, but it's not the only thing.

P180
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by P180 »

Sulako wrote:Respect will/should/shall be given to all those who have applied. People will be contacted within the next couple of weeks, either way. As per the ad, please be patient - it's a small flight department. A new aircraft type (or two) are being added to the OC's, and there are a lot of other items that require immediate attention. Interviewing is high on that list, but it's not the only thing.
Thanks for your reply Sulako.We that are in the boat ready to sail will take her back to the dock and wait..Again thanks..

Zako
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Zako »

You know it would be a nice opportunity to have!! How about a chance? I have been applying there for at least 2 years and I never hear anything. Have the interviews started? How many are they looking at hiring?

skylark172
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by skylark172 »

Just curious - has anyone heard anything from the folks at Algonquin Airlink yet? It's mid April. I was kind of hoping to get at least a "not a chance, but thanks for applying" email.

CJ3PILOT
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CJ3PILOT »

skylark172 wrote:Just curious - has anyone heard anything from the folks at Algonquin Airlink yet? It's mid April. I was kind of hoping to get at least a "not a chance, but thanks for applying" email.
No I have heard nothing yet either.

BverLuver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BverLuver »

CJ3PILOT wrote:
skylark172 wrote:Just curious - has anyone heard anything from the folks at Algonquin Airlink yet? It's mid April. I was kind of hoping to get at least a "not a chance, but thanks for applying" email.
No I have heard nothing yet either.
CJ3 PILOT,

Maybe it's because you are an idiot. Remember this little gem:
For every one person that will not go to aircanada theres a thousand that will.so the only loser is the one that said no. When I start flying 35 years ago AC was the place to be and will be until the day we all die.Wake up you guys you'll only have one chance so take it.you'll be very sorry if you don,t
The fellow doing the hiring hasn't aspired to Air Canada but probably had the opportunity if he chose and further he is a moderator of avcanada. Do you not see the problem with your application and attitude? I wouldn't be holding my breath if I were you. I sure wouldn't want to be sitting next to you in the cockpit or spend time on layovers with you.

BL

Radiohead
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Radiohead »

Last time I applied to this outfit (not to the most recent ad, the one from June 2011) we were also promised responses to all serious applications. So I made mine super-tailored to the specific posting they had had at the time, and still got nothing.

So I wouldn't hold your breath, I'm sure the Ops Manager there is a nice guy, but saying you'll respond to every application is clearly a lie in order to seem more hands-on then they actually are - which makes no difference of course, most companies don't promise replies and I'm sure they get as many applications.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Didn't apply to this ad but did to the 2 prior (2011 and 2010) and got very personalized, not form letter, rejection responses back both times. If he doesn't respond, I'm sure it's not for the lack of effort or any conspiracy on his part. Good luck to those who applied.

Return to “Employment Forum”