AVCANADA

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:34 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:25 am 
Rank 0
Rank 0

AirSprint Inc. Hiring Update - November 2016

Hello Everyone,

For those of you waiting for information with regards to AirSprint's current openings and hiring schedule, I can provide the following information.

Calgary based positions: We have hired 2 CJ series First Officers to start with us in late November. We anticipate further openings in the near future and will be continuing to arrange a second set of interviews for the coming weeks.

Toronto/Montreal based positions: We are currently reviewing resumes and will be putting calls out shortly to arrange interviews for the week of Nov 14th. There is currently one Captain Position, and one First Officer position on the table, with anticipation of more in the near future.

We will be interviewing for both the positions that are currently open and to increase the pilot pool for future positions.

As usual we have received quite a large amount of resumes and with all the excellent candidates it makes the selection process rather difficult. So if you don't get a call please keep applying and we will hopefully get to you soon. I will leave my email address at the bottom for any inquires or questions, but please use the careers@airsprint.com email address for sending in resumes and applications.

Cheers,

Adam Fallwell
Chief Pilot
atf@airsprint.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:50 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

Air Sprint is certainly building upon a positive reputation. Keep up the great PR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:54 am 
Rank 3
Rank 3

The first two Legacy 450 aircraft have joined the fleet and the third is expected in January.

Video of recent trip to Maui. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqKxTu88ODQ

Attachments:
Legacy450 SM-3.jpg
Legacy450 SM-3.jpg [ 916.18 KiB | Viewed 3295 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:57 pm 
Rank 8
Rank 8

Looking good James congrats

Post subject: AME Jobs
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:57 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hi,
This sounds like a really good company to work for, any jobs going for engineers?
How many engineers are at Calgary? Do they have a shift system?

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: AME Jobs
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:41 pm 
Rank 3
Rank 3

ITSKFC wrote:
Hi,
This sounds like a really good company to work for, any jobs going for engineers?
How many engineers are at Calgary? Do they have a shift system?

Thanks in advance!

Our AME Career Guide can be found here and it answers most questions but feel free to contact us (email in the guide) for more information: http://www.airsprint.com/careers/

We have 6 AMEs and 2 apprentices based in Calgary.

Regards,

James

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:51 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

Thanks James,

I had a look at your website before, very informative and saw the pay structure.
I'll wait till July when I arrive in Calgary to inquire more.

Thanks again

Kevin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:12 am 
Rank 3
Rank 3

ITSKFC wrote:
Thanks James,

I had a look at your website before, very informative and saw the pay structure.
I'll wait till July when I arrive in Calgary to inquire more.

Thanks again

Kevin

We are a 1 minute walk from SAIT (right next door) so feel free to stop by.

James

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:25 pm 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

quick question

If you get hired into a base can they relocate as needed?
I am assuming yes which is part of the job but are these costs covered if they move you?

many thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:51 pm 
Rank 3
Rank 3

CAL wrote:
quick question

If you get hired into a base can they relocate as needed?
I am assuming yes which is part of the job but are these costs covered if they move you?

many thanks

The company can relocate someone but it is not a common practice. In this case, there is a moving allowance provided. If people move, it is generally because they want to be at another base long term, or a promotion is available at a different base. I think the last time we changed someone's base was when we moved our base from Ottawa to Montreal, and from Kitchener to Toronto. I don't expect that we will be moving bases again and if I remember correctly, nobody moved because they were still within the 90 minute report time.

James

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:31 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

How much is post secondary education valued as opposed to flight experience and attitude when it comes to selecting pilot candidates? This place seems like such an amazing place to work (and maybe even to make a career out of..).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:32 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

Might I add that those new Legacy's look mighty sleek!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:37 am 
Rank 3
Rank 3

Speedalive wrote:
How much is post secondary education valued as opposed to flight experience and attitude when it comes to selecting pilot candidates? This place seems like such an amazing place to work (and maybe even to make a career out of..).

It really is a combination. Attitude is extremely important and is the one area (of the three mentioned) where you can be disqualified from selection. Flight experience (assuming you meet a minimum level) and education are important but there is more flexibility. To answer your question best, if you have two pilots who have similar attitudes and flight experience, the one with the additional education will probably get selected first. That is an overly simple way of looking at it though as you rarely find two people who are really that similar where you do not have a preference.

Hope this helps.

James

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:38 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

AirSprint HR wrote:
It really is a combination. Attitude is extremely important and is the one area (of the three mentioned) where you can be disqualified from selection. Flight experience (assuming you meet a minimum level) and education are important but there is more flexibility. To answer your question best, if you have two pilots who have similar attitudes and flight experience, the one with the additional education will probably get selected first. That is an overly simple way of looking at it though as you rarely find two people who are really that similar where you do not have a preference.

Hope this helps.

James

Thanks for the quick reply. That's fair enough!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:25 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

UPDATE:

AirSprint Inc. Is happy to announce delivery of our 4th Embraer Legacy 450 aircraft (CFJAS) in June 2017 with expectations of more Legacy's and CJ3+ aircraft to join our fleet in the near future.

Because of the perceived growth and need for future pilots I am posting here to encourage anyone who might be interested in career with AirSprint to take this opportunity to reach out and shake some hands. I try to make myself available at all times via Email and would be happy to discuss career opportunities and if desired, arrange a meeting to discuss our operation for those who might be interested.

Feel free to send me a message at airsprintinfo@airsprint.com if you would like to discuss AirSprint outside of an interview environment and perhaps see what AirSprint can offer you.

AirSprint is Canada’s premier leader in fractional aircraft ownership and private aviation. Currently operating a fleet of Cessna Citation CJ2+/CJ3+, and Embraer Legacy 450 aircraft, our primary areas of operation include Canada, the United States (including Hawaii), Mexico, the Caribbean, and expanding into European operations soon. We are a customer service company that uses business aircraft to meet the travel needs of our extraordinary client base. Our mission is to accomplish these needs with an unparalleled level of customer service and attention to detail.

See our Pilot Career Guide Here.

Safe Flying,

Adam Fallwell
Director, Flight Operations
AirSprint Inc.