AirSprint Fleet Transition

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

hawker driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: AirSprint Fleet Transition

Post by hawker driver »

I took a look at your web site and might have missed the section on crew bases.

Do you offer home basing?
What are your bases?

Any bonuses paid?
---------- ADS -----------

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

hawker driver wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:49 am I took a look at your web site and might have missed the section on crew bases.

Do you offer home basing?
What are your bases?

Any bonuses paid?
Take a look at Adam's post from March 27th on the previous page for base details. There is no bonus plan currently in effect.

Regards,

James

contactapproved
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by contactapproved »

I see a new job ad up for Captains and F/O's with the Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal bases. Nothing currently mentions the secondary base structure that was supposed to be coming into place...? Is this something that is still in the works or was it an idea that was axed? I would be very interested in tossing in a resume if there were any opportunities out of YWG.

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

contactapproved wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:20 pm I see a new job ad up for Captains and F/O's with the Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal bases. Nothing currently mentions the secondary base structure that was supposed to be coming into place...? Is this something that is still in the works or was it an idea that was axed? I would be very interested in tossing in a resume if there were any opportunities out of YWG.
Secondary bases are now an option and YWG would qualify based on the criteria needed.

AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprintInc »

contactapproved wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:20 pm I see a new job ad up for Captains and F/O's with the Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal bases. Nothing currently mentions the secondary base structure that was supposed to be coming into place...? Is this something that is still in the works or was it an idea that was axed? I would be very interested in tossing in a resume if there were any opportunities out of YWG.
Hi Contact Approved,

Secondary bases are indeed in place, we currently have 8 pilots based at various sub-bases across the country, including 2 in Winnipeg. With aircraft operating across the country, we need to balance our crewing levels at the various bases to ensure adaquet coverage. Currently we are showing a need for pilots based in our main bases of Toronto and Montreal, or our sub base of Ottawa.

While Winnipeg is not an immediate need, our planned growth over the next few months will certainly see us looking to fill positions further West so I encourage you to submit a resume.

You may also contact me directly at mnr@airsprint.com and I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about AirSprint or future opertunties.

Matt Rolleman
Chief Pilot
C25A/B
AirSprint Inc.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

How busy are your new F/O's these days? Curious as to realistic flight hrs either per month or year and how long your 2500 hr F/O would need to make the 3500 to get a shot at upgrade (obviously seniority is another matter all together)

snoopythecaptain
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by snoopythecaptain »

I work for a Medevac company northern ontario flying a PC12/45 and 47 as a FO. My first year pay is $40,000. Second years we have bonus $0.10 per mile. 10 days ON and 5 days OFF like your company. And i got hired when i had 500ish hours. Question is, why would you think a guy that has 1500 hrs want to become a PC12 FO and getting $30,000?? When Westjet encore, porter jazz are hiring at 1000 hrs for their Dash 8.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

They don't have PC12's anymore. Their mins are 2500 hrs and $62K year 1. Not sure what info you are looking at

snoopythecaptain
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by snoopythecaptain »

Maybe the original post should delete these if they are getting rid of their pc12. It add confusion if you are replacing all your pc12 with cessna jet and still posting requirement and salary for pc12. Just saying

PC12 First Officer
CPL
Total Time: 1500 hours
PIC Time: 250 hours

Salary Scale:

PC12 First Officer
Year 1: $30,000
Year 2: $32,000
Year 3: $34,000
Year 4: $36,000
Year 5: $37,500

AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprintInc »

snoopythecaptain wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:53 pm I work for a Medevac company northern ontario flying a PC12/45 and 47 as a FO. My first year pay is $40,000. Second years we have bonus $0.10 per mile. 10 days ON and 5 days OFF like your company. And i got hired when i had 500ish hours. Question is, why would you think a guy that has 1500 hrs want to become a PC12 FO and getting $30,000?? When Westjet encore, porter jazz are hiring at 1000 hrs for their Dash 8.
Good Morning Snoopy,

We no longer operate the PC12 and have transitioned to an all Jet fleet, I believe that may be some old information you have found there. The PC12 is a great machine and I hope you are enjoying it as much as I did!

Thanks!
C-GGGQ wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:34 pm How busy are your new F/O's these days? Curious as to realistic flight hrs either per month or year and how long your 2500 hr F/O would need to make the 3500 to get a shot at upgrade (obviously seniority is another matter all together)
C-GGGQ wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:56 am They don't have PC12's anymore. Their mins are 2500 hrs and $62K year 1. Not sure what info you are looking at
Good Morning GGQ,

We recently transitioned to our new schedule options and with just a little over a month of data it would be difficult for me to predict with accuracy what the average yearly flying totals would be. I can tell you that in the past, on an 18 day on, 10 day off schedule pilots were logging between 500-600 hours a year, and I suspect that most pilots will see close to that, so roughly two years to go from 2500 to 3500 hours.

Also, one correction, our starting pay for Jet First Officers is $55,000.00 on our standard 16/12 schedule (16 days on, 12 days off). Full pay and schedule information can be found in our Pilot Career Guide.

Thanks!

Matt R

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Diadem »

snoopythecaptain wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:29 am Maybe the original post should delete these if they are getting rid of their pc12. It add confusion if you are replacing all your pc12 with cessna jet and still posting requirement and salary for pc12. Just saying
The original post? On page 1 of 11? Dated March 22, 2007? Why would they go back more than 11 years to edit all of their previous posts? Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, is it?

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

AirSprintInc wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:36 am
C-GGGQ wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:34 pm How busy are your new F/O's these days? Curious as to realistic flight hrs either per month or year and how long your 2500 hr F/O would need to make the 3500 to get a shot at upgrade (obviously seniority is another matter all together)
C-GGGQ wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:56 am They don't have PC12's anymore. Their mins are 2500 hrs and $62K year 1. Not sure what info you are looking at
Good Morning GGQ,

We recently transitioned to our new schedule options and with just a little over a month of data it would be difficult for me to predict with accuracy what the average yearly flying totals would be. I can tell you that in the past, on an 18 day on, 10 day off schedule pilots were logging between 500-600 hours a year, and I suspect that most pilots will see close to that, so roughly two years to go from 2500 to 3500 hours.

Also, one correction, our starting pay for Jet First Officers is $55,000.00 on our standard 16/12 schedule (16 days on, 12 days off). Full pay and schedule information can be found in our Pilot Career Guide.

Thanks!

Matt R
Ah yes, I was looking at the 18/10 I guess. I'm about 2000 shy of your min's but I definitely keep an eye on the thread and how things are progressing for down the road

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

I’d imagine you’re having trouble filling those bases because nobody can afford to live there on what you’re paying. The sub bases are you realizing that problem.

Im a bit shy of hours for a DEC position, lots of relevant experience (turbine, glass/FMS, high density airspace, US operations) but there isn’t very much to tempt me away from my current job which is 15 GDOs a month and pays more in a cheaper place to live.

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

Zaibatsu wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:13 pm I’d imagine you’re having trouble filling those bases because nobody can afford to live there on what you’re paying. The sub bases are you realizing that problem.

Im a bit shy of hours for a DEC position, lots of relevant experience (turbine, glass/FMS, high density airspace, US operations) but there isn’t very much to tempt me away from my current job which is 15 GDOs a month and pays more in a cheaper place to live.

Tell us more about how you don’t meet their requirements but wouldn’t apply anyways ...... 🤪

ehv8oar
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ehv8oar »

Haha I also don't meet the requirements but certainly would apply.

Would 1800 hours tt (around 500 turboprop) be just way to low for an FO position?

Also would Halifax be a sub-base?

Thanks

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Halifax isn't listed as a sub base option, unless it's in the works. It would make me way more interested. They say they want 2000hrs so 1800 should be a deal breaker especially if you have the turboprop etc.

ehv8oar
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ehv8oar »

Just checked the sub base list.

I guess with the appropriate scheduling of your days on reserve (say 8 on 6 off) it should be possible to commute between Halifax and the Montreal base (not ideal but probably doable). I'm guessing there's no flight pass perks with the airlines.

I can only apply and find out if the 1800 hours is enough. I've got more than the PIC minimums so maybe that would help.

Seems like a good company though.

Radiohead
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Radiohead »

Halifax was canvassed as an original Sub-base option by management when first discussing sub bases (including St. John's as well if I recall), but for whatever reason did not make the final list. Sub bases are primarily a Western Canada thing, the only sub base that made it originally out East was Quebec City, Ottawa did not even make the cut but was added after several people questioned its exclusion.

I would highly recommend not commuting to Montreal if you were living in Halifax, flight benefits are not a thing and you would also need a crash pad.

Cavalier44
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Cavalier44 »

Any Montreal-based Captains want to chime in on the schedule/working conditions? Is the pay scale posted on the first page dating back to 2012 still accurate? I’m sitting at around ~5500 TT and ~1000 jet PIC on the E175; considering my next move and trying to determine if there are better options in Canada than taking a 50% pay cut to go to AC mainline plus the hit to lifestyle that would entail. Any flight benefits coming in the immediate future?

Cheers

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

Cavalier44 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:01 pm Any Montreal-based Captains want to chime in on the schedule/working conditions? Is the pay scale posted on the first page dating back to 2012 still accurate? I’m sitting at around ~5500 TT and ~1000 jet PIC on the E175; considering my next move and trying to determine if there are better options in Canada than taking a 50% pay cut to go to AC mainline plus the hit to lifestyle that would entail. Any flight benefits coming in the immediate future?

Cheers
Quite a lot has changed since 2012. The latest can be found here: http://www.airsprint.com/wp-content/upl ... EB0503.pdf

No flight benefits other than you can fly for free on our empty legs.

Regards,

James

Return to “Employment Forum”