AirSprint Fleet Transition

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: AirSprint Fleet Transition

Post by C-GGGQ »

Halifax isn't listed as a sub base option, unless it's in the works. It would make me way more interested. They say they want 2000hrs so 1800 should be a deal breaker especially if you have the turboprop etc.
---------- ADS -----------

ehv8oar
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ehv8oar »

Just checked the sub base list.

I guess with the appropriate scheduling of your days on reserve (say 8 on 6 off) it should be possible to commute between Halifax and the Montreal base (not ideal but probably doable). I'm guessing there's no flight pass perks with the airlines.

I can only apply and find out if the 1800 hours is enough. I've got more than the PIC minimums so maybe that would help.

Seems like a good company though.

Radiohead
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Radiohead »

Halifax was canvassed as an original Sub-base option by management when first discussing sub bases (including St. John's as well if I recall), but for whatever reason did not make the final list. Sub bases are primarily a Western Canada thing, the only sub base that made it originally out East was Quebec City, Ottawa did not even make the cut but was added after several people questioned its exclusion.

I would highly recommend not commuting to Montreal if you were living in Halifax, flight benefits are not a thing and you would also need a crash pad.

Cavalier44
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Cavalier44 »

Any Montreal-based Captains want to chime in on the schedule/working conditions? Is the pay scale posted on the first page dating back to 2012 still accurate? I’m sitting at around ~5500 TT and ~1000 jet PIC on the E175; considering my next move and trying to determine if there are better options in Canada than taking a 50% pay cut to go to AC mainline plus the hit to lifestyle that would entail. Any flight benefits coming in the immediate future?

Cheers

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

Cavalier44 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:01 pm Any Montreal-based Captains want to chime in on the schedule/working conditions? Is the pay scale posted on the first page dating back to 2012 still accurate? I’m sitting at around ~5500 TT and ~1000 jet PIC on the E175; considering my next move and trying to determine if there are better options in Canada than taking a 50% pay cut to go to AC mainline plus the hit to lifestyle that would entail. Any flight benefits coming in the immediate future?

Cheers
Quite a lot has changed since 2012. The latest can be found here: http://www.airsprint.com/wp-content/upl ... EB0503.pdf

No flight benefits other than you can fly for free on our empty legs.

Regards,

James

ehv8oar
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ehv8oar »

Just wondering if anything has changed at AirSprint in the past 10 months or so to make commuting out of Halifax, for a Montreal or Toronto base, a more viable option?

AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprintInc »

ehv8oar wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:39 pm Just wondering if anything has changed at AirSprint in the past 10 months or so to make commuting out of Halifax, for a Montreal or Toronto base, a more viable option?
Hi ehv8oar,

I did answer your question in the other topic, but for the benefit of those that may not be following the other post, here it is again;

Currently our only policy is that you are able to report to your home base airport within 90 minutes of receiving a phone call do so when you are on reserve. And while we don't have a policy one way or the other on commuting, I cannot in good conscience recommend it due to the expense (we do not have any agreements in place with any airlines) and the additional time involved to position back and forth on your days off.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Kind Regards,

Matt Rolleman
Chief Pilot C25A/B
AirSprint Inc.

ehv8oar
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ehv8oar »

Hi Matt,

Thanks I appreciate the response and info.

Return to “Employment Forum”