AirSprint Fleet Transition

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

AirSprint Careers
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: AirSprint Fleet Transition

Post by AirSprint Careers »

AirSprint Inc. Hiring Update - November 2016

Hello Everyone,

For those of you waiting for information with regards to AirSprint's current openings and hiring schedule, I can provide the following information.

Calgary based positions: We have hired 2 CJ series First Officers to start with us in late November. We anticipate further openings in the near future and will be continuing to arrange a second set of interviews for the coming weeks.

Toronto/Montreal based positions: We are currently reviewing resumes and will be putting calls out shortly to arrange interviews for the week of Nov 14th. There is currently one Captain Position, and one First Officer position on the table, with anticipation of more in the near future.

We will be interviewing for both the positions that are currently open and to increase the pilot pool for future positions.

As usual we have received quite a large amount of resumes and with all the excellent candidates it makes the selection process rather difficult. So if you don't get a call please keep applying and we will hopefully get to you soon. I will leave my email address at the bottom for any inquires or questions, but please use the careers@airsprint.com email address for sending in resumes and applications.

Cheers,

Adam Fallwell
Chief Pilot
atf@airsprint.com
---------- ADS -----------

OPS
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by OPS »

Air Sprint is certainly building upon a positive reputation. Keep up the great PR

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

The first two Legacy 450 aircraft have joined the fleet and the third is expected in January.

Video of recent trip to Maui. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqKxTu88ODQ

Attachments
Legacy450 SM-3.jpg
Legacy450 SM-3.jpg (916.18 KiB) Viewed 7412 times
Phlyer
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Phlyer »

Looking good James congrats

ITSKFC
Rank 0
Rank 0

AME Jobs

Post by ITSKFC »

Hi,
This sounds like a really good company to work for, any jobs going for engineers?
How many engineers are at Calgary? Do they have a shift system?

Thanks in advance!

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: AME Jobs

Post by AirSprint HR »

ITSKFC wrote:Hi,
This sounds like a really good company to work for, any jobs going for engineers?
How many engineers are at Calgary? Do they have a shift system?

Thanks in advance!
Our AME Career Guide can be found here and it answers most questions but feel free to contact us (email in the guide) for more information: http://www.airsprint.com/careers/

We have 6 AMEs and 2 apprentices based in Calgary.

Regards,

James

ITSKFC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ITSKFC »

Thanks James,

I had a look at your website before, very informative and saw the pay structure.
I'll wait till July when I arrive in Calgary to inquire more.

Thanks again

Kevin

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

ITSKFC wrote:Thanks James,

I had a look at your website before, very informative and saw the pay structure.
I'll wait till July when I arrive in Calgary to inquire more.

Thanks again

Kevin
We are a 1 minute walk from SAIT (right next door) so feel free to stop by.

James

CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CAL »

quick question

If you get hired into a base can they relocate as needed?
I am assuming yes which is part of the job but are these costs covered if they move you?

many thanks

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

CAL wrote:quick question

If you get hired into a base can they relocate as needed?
I am assuming yes which is part of the job but are these costs covered if they move you?

many thanks
The company can relocate someone but it is not a common practice. In this case, there is a moving allowance provided. If people move, it is generally because they want to be at another base long term, or a promotion is available at a different base. I think the last time we changed someone's base was when we moved our base from Ottawa to Montreal, and from Kitchener to Toronto. I don't expect that we will be moving bases again and if I remember correctly, nobody moved because they were still within the 90 minute report time.

James

Speedalive
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Speedalive »

How much is post secondary education valued as opposed to flight experience and attitude when it comes to selecting pilot candidates? This place seems like such an amazing place to work (and maybe even to make a career out of..).

Speedalive
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Speedalive »

Might I add that those new Legacy's look mighty sleek!

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

Speedalive wrote:How much is post secondary education valued as opposed to flight experience and attitude when it comes to selecting pilot candidates? This place seems like such an amazing place to work (and maybe even to make a career out of..).
It really is a combination. Attitude is extremely important and is the one area (of the three mentioned) where you can be disqualified from selection. Flight experience (assuming you meet a minimum level) and education are important but there is more flexibility. To answer your question best, if you have two pilots who have similar attitudes and flight experience, the one with the additional education will probably get selected first. That is an overly simple way of looking at it though as you rarely find two people who are really that similar where you do not have a preference.

Hope this helps.

James

Speedalive
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Speedalive »

AirSprint HR wrote:It really is a combination. Attitude is extremely important and is the one area (of the three mentioned) where you can be disqualified from selection. Flight experience (assuming you meet a minimum level) and education are important but there is more flexibility. To answer your question best, if you have two pilots who have similar attitudes and flight experience, the one with the additional education will probably get selected first. That is an overly simple way of looking at it though as you rarely find two people who are really that similar where you do not have a preference.

Hope this helps.

James
Thanks for the quick reply. That's fair enough!

AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprintInc »

UPDATE:

AirSprint Inc. Is happy to announce delivery of our 4th Embraer Legacy 450 aircraft (CFJAS) in June 2017 with expectations of more Legacy's and CJ3+ aircraft to join our fleet in the near future.

Because of the perceived growth and need for future pilots I am posting here to encourage anyone who might be interested in career with AirSprint to take this opportunity to reach out and shake some hands. I try to make myself available at all times via Email and would be happy to discuss career opportunities and if desired, arrange a meeting to discuss our operation for those who might be interested.

Feel free to send me a message at airsprintinfo@airsprint.com if you would like to discuss AirSprint outside of an interview environment and perhaps see what AirSprint can offer you.

AirSprint is Canada’s premier leader in fractional aircraft ownership and private aviation. Currently operating a fleet of Cessna Citation CJ2+/CJ3+, and Embraer Legacy 450 aircraft, our primary areas of operation include Canada, the United States (including Hawaii), Mexico, the Caribbean, and expanding into European operations soon. We are a customer service company that uses business aircraft to meet the travel needs of our extraordinary client base. Our mission is to accomplish these needs with an unparalleled level of customer service and attention to detail.

See our Pilot Career Guide Here.

Safe Flying,

Adam Fallwell
Director, Flight Operations
AirSprint Inc.

AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprintInc »

Update on AirSprint's Fleet Transition, Pilot Improvements, and 2018

In December 2017 AirSprint took delivery of C-FASF our 5th Embraer Legacy 450 aircraft which completed the transition from the Cessna Citation Excel/XLS aircraft to the new Embraer Fleet. AirSprint has been in a state of fleet transition and rejuvenation since 2012 when we first started replacing the PC12 fleet with the Cessna Citation CJ2+ and CJ3+, and then continued through the end of 2017 with the XLS to Legacy.

Having now completed the transition with forecast net growth throughout 2018 and an expectation to grow both the CJ and Legacy fleets in the next year, AirSprint is in the position to refocus resources towards pilot employment improvements. From our pilot group we have heard that the two major areas of desired improvements fell into the categories of Schedule and Salary. AirSprint is happy to announce new changes to both of these areas as detailed in the attached document.

To summarize:

Schedule
AirSprint has changed the standard schedule from 18 Reserve (available days) and 10 Off (Not-Available) days in a 28 day block, to a standard of 16 Reserve days, and 12 Off days. This change increases the total yearly scheduled days off by 26 days and is referred to as the 16/12 ratio schedule. There are also options for an 18/10, and a 14/14 ratio schedule with salary adjustments up or down depending on the total Reserve days per 28 day block.

Salary
Salary adjustments have been made across all positions as detailed in the attached document.

Secondary Base Structure
AirSprint is pleased to start offering employment opportunities throughout our developing Secondary Base Structure. We recognize that there are many talented and experienced pilots out there who may not be in the position to relocate to Calgary, Toronto, or Montreal. Identifying this, AirSprint will now allow our pilots to be based full-time, or part-time when approved, at a number of bases outside of our main airports of operation. These Secondary Bases include: Victoria (CYYJ), Vancouver (CYVR), Kelowna (CYLW), Edmonton (CYEG), Saskatoon (CYXE), Winnipeg (CYWG), Ottawa (CYOW), and Quebec City (CYQB).

These are a few of the major changes to AirSprint's pilot employment structure and I encourage everyone to see the attached document for a few more details on Salary and schedule. We are in the process of updating the Pilot Career Guide which should be available to everyone soon. I will post that document here as well once it has been completed.

Should you have any questions regarding AirSprint, please feel free to send your inquiries to airsprintinfo@airsprint.com .
Resumes and Cover Letters can be sent to careers@airsprint.com .

Cheers, and Fly Safe!

Adam Fallwell
Director, Flight Operations

Attachments
Pilot Improvments.pdf
(887.35 KiB) Downloaded 533 times
CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

Great job, Airsprint. You have raised the bar and set a higher standard!

LegoMan
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by LegoMan »

Do you get your full guaranteed days off? Does scheduling take into account time to return home if positioned at another location?

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

Agree or disagree with Air Sprint and its policies, I love the fact that they're open, honest and willing to talk about their company to individuals that may be interested in working there. Good for them. Like someone else said here, it saves a lot of work on both ends if key information is made public.

Das ist mir wurst...
AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprintInc »

LegoMan wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:40 pm Do you get your full guaranteed days off? Does scheduling take into account time to return home if positioned at another location?
Days off are days off and AirSprint will position you on or before your last reserve day to get you home. We are a fluid fractional operator and sometimes this isn't possible due to last minute flight changes, a couple pilots call in sick, or simply getting stuck in Barbados and the next airline home doesn't leave until tomorrow, among other reasons. If this happens we consider the pilot to be drafted for their day off and we compensate the pilot by paying them an additional double daily rate for their time. We consider up to 4 draft days per year acceptable, obviously 0 is the goal. Right now the average yearly draft days per pilot is less than 4, and we do have a number of people who actually volunteer to help out when these situations come up in order to get the additional pay.

But to summarize my comments, positioning home is done on your reserve days not your days off. We want you to get the rest, and time you need with your family and loved ones. A good work life balance for your employees is what we want.

Cheers,

Adam

Return to “Employment Forum”