AirSprint Fleet Transition

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Johnny#5
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: AirSprint Fleet Transition

Post by Johnny#5 »

tbaylx wrote:Everyman,

A lot of that is the nature of the fractional business.

If it's a fixed schedule that a pilot wants then he/she should stay away from most corporate gigs and stick with the scheduled carriers.

Spot on - it's not just Air Sprint that has this type of schedule, it's the this entire side of aviation.
Think Aurora, Chartright, Skyservice, Flight Exec, Image Air, Nova, etc, etc are much different?

That being said, I wouldn't get involved in a fractional ownership company in Canada anyway because it seems unless the "owners" are continually buying new planes then there's not much money to be made. Air Sprint is probably a fine operation but how much money is it really making?
---------- ADS -----------

Shibby
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Shibby »

Everyone is different in terms of lifestyle, but if an employer is working to improve life for its pilots based on their request... well you can't knock them for that.

Know the nature of the beast you're trying to tame. Don't want to get a call at 2 a.m? Don't fly medevac. Want a "consistent" schedule? Line up for the carriers. You can find a number of threads dedicated to the moaning from each group.

If you sign up for corporate flying, know that your month to month will never be the same. That's the adventure.

On a positive note, I am impressed by the information and quick responses from Air Sprint HR. I always heard good things, nice to see them. Thank you for the additional information. It's nice to see a company that tries to hold onto their staff instead of just accepting the revolving door practice.

Cheers

Axial Flow
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Axial Flow »

Everyman....

AirSprint is one of the most progressive and safety oriented companies I have ever worked for. They keep on improving the areas that most pilots bitch about which says volumes about the management and their desire to keep everyone happy. How is it so hard to understand that someone who pays hundreds of thousands if not millions to own an aircraft, demand to use it whenever they want? If you are the pilot then that is the choice you make and it usually leads to a life that some thoroughly enjoy. Family life while working corporate gigs can be difficult but AirSprint does it's best to mitigate this and trolling a forum with no evidence at all just alludes to the fact you are a shit disturber and nothing else.

For anyone looking to apply I would highly recommend AirSprint. You will never have to fly an airplane that is not up to the task or pressured into something that is for at most illegal or unsafe. The company is fair, upfront and willing to work with the pilot group to make things better.

Every job as everyone knows has things they like and things they do not like, but as a rounded out option AirSprint is a great place to work. I used to think that having to clean the plane was such a big deal but when I worked 10 days in a month I felt it was the least I could do and after awhile it becomes part of the service you personally feel accountable for. I used to fly 120 hours a month so it was a welcome change and trade off.

Bitch as much as you want or spread untrue rumours. AirSprint is a reputable company and do not deserve the trolling on Avcanada. Especially since they are the only company as far as my knowledge that actually replies to all the questions people have in a timely fashion with information that is useable and not just fluff.

Everyman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Everyman »

I don’t think name calling is necessary, don’t take things so personally. I am not attacking your way of life, or you, or even AirSprint for that matter. I have read this thread and have seen a lot of positivity, which is not echoed by those who I know that are close to the company. Is it all bad? No. But overall moral sounds low, people are bailing and schedule is frequently brought up as an issue.

AirMail
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by AirMail »

But overall moral sounds low, people are bailing and schedule is frequently brought up as an issue.
Funny thing about pilots. Pay them a shlt tonne of money, give them a few work days a mth, and the cry babies will still complain about something. All the while stabbing the next guy in the back and selling out another and furthering the race the to the bottom. Yes sir, we are professionals.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

AirMail wrote:
But overall moral sounds low, people are bailing and schedule is frequently brought up as an issue.
Funny thing about pilots. Pay them a shlt tonne of money, give them a few work days a mth, and the cry babies will still complain about something. All the while stabbing the next guy in the back and selling out another and furthering the race the to the bottom. Yes sir, we are professionals.
Best quote I've heard...

"When is the only time you need to worry about a pilot? When he/she stops bitching, then it's serious!"

Everyman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Everyman »

A.png
A.png (233.42 KiB) Viewed 7595 times
Spoken like true management.

johngalt
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by johngalt »

AirMail wrote:

It's broader than just pilots. It's just human nature. People get comfortable in whatever job they ha e and small things become big things to complain about. If your current set of problems with a company get solved then you will find a new set of concerns after a period of time. I find it's more about a persons disposition. Several studies have shown a person returns to a level of happiness after a debilitating injury such as being paralyzed and wheelchair bound. It works both ways.

Johnny#5
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Johnny#5 »

Several studies have shown a person returns to a level of happiness after a debilitating injury such as being paralyzed and wheelchair bound
What studies are those??

Tail-Chaser
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Tail-Chaser »

Johnny#5 wrote:
Several studies have shown a person returns to a level of happiness after a debilitating injury such as being paralyzed and wheelchair bound
What studies are those??
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedonic_treadmill

Johnny#5
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Johnny#5 »

Total crap...and the advancement of genetics will bring that out eventually.

johngalt
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by johngalt »

Johnny#5 wrote:
What studies are those??
http://science.tumblr.com/post/69234644 ... ers-are-no

We are all created to be miserable, and that we all know it, and all invent means of deceiving each other. And when one sees the truth, what is one to do?

-Leo Tolstoy

CALGARYFLYER1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CALGARYFLYER1 »

Do your company hire F/O'S from your ground positions at Air Sprint?

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

CALGARYFLYER1 wrote:Do your company hire F/O'S from your ground positions at Air Sprint?
Hi Calgaryflyer1,

We only really have two entry level spots that are flight operations clerk positions. These are typically low time pilots (250-500 hours) that spend a year working at night doing administrative/aircraft cleaning/aircraft towing duties for the flight department before they become an FO. I think that I have gone into more detail on these positions earlier in the thread but the short answer is yes definitely.

Regards,

AirSprint HR

ba31pilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ba31pilot »

I would like to ask a question. With regards to the recent postings, is there a timeline as to when calls will be going out to candidates for interviews?

I would also like to add the comment as to how much ALL of us appreciate the openness and the constant feedback that your company has been providing.

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

ba31pilot wrote:I would like to ask a question. With regards to the recent postings, is there a timeline as to when calls will be going out to candidates for interviews?

I would also like to add the comment as to how much ALL of us appreciate the openness and the constant feedback that your company has been providing.
Happy to do it and I'm not sure right now. Let me check tomorrow and get back to you.

Regards,

AirSprint HR

dirk82
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by dirk82 »

[quote="ba31pilot"

I would also like to add the comment as to how much ALL of us appreciate the openness and the constant feedback that your company has been providing.[/quote]

I cant agree more, So many operators work hard to have threads deleted on here. Kudos to Air Sprint HR for stepping up and actually answering some questions. Its strange to see in the jet charter/management world a company that is so transparent about the pay and conditions. I dig it

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

AirSprint HR wrote:
ba31pilot wrote:I would like to ask a question. With regards to the recent postings, is there a timeline as to when calls will be going out to candidates for interviews?

Happy to do it and I'm not sure right now. Let me check tomorrow and get back to you.

Regards,

AirSprint HR
Adam (CP) was away this week and I am told that calls will likely start towards the end of next week and go out for a week or two after that.

Regards,

AirSprint HR

ba31pilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ba31pilot »

Thanks for the information!

AirSprint Careers
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AirSprint Careers »

AirSprint HR wrote:
AirSprint HR wrote:

Regards,

AirSprint HR
Adam (CP) was away this week and I am told that calls will likely start towards the end of next week and go out for a week or two after that.

Regards,

AirSprint HR
Hello everyone,

We have received a large number of resumes in responds to the job posting and I would like to say thank you to everyone who has applied. We will be making calls this coming week and setting up interviews in both Calgary and Toronto. We are also able to setup interviews via Skype or Conference Call if those contacted are unable to make it to Calgary or Toronto in the planned interview time frame.

Please keep in mind with the large number of resumes we have received we won't be able to interview everyone, but I would encourage all those interested in a career at AirSprint to keep submitting updated resumes and stay on our radar. I am personally going through all the resumes and although some don't have the requirements or experience we are currently looking for, that certainly doesn't exclude anyone from future positions and there are many I would definitely like to speak with and make that initial connection.

Best Regards, and fly safe,

Adam Fallwell
Chief Pilot

Return to “Employment Forum”