First Air

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: North Shore, ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako

Post Reply
Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2158
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:34 am
Location: Canada

First Air

Post by Donald »

I see they have an ad out for "type rated" ATR pilots (yet they ask for a 2 year commitment - HAH!), but I've heard that they very recently laid off some Herc crews. Any insight into what is going on at 7F?
---------- ADS -----------
  

ettw
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:33 pm
Location: CYFB or CNS4

Re: First Air

Post by ettw »

If only we knew.....

ETTW
---------- ADS -----------
  

ettw
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:33 pm
Location: CYFB or CNS4

Re: First Air

Post by ettw »

Donald wrote:I see they have an ad out for "type rated" ATR pilots (yet they ask for a 2 year commitment - HAH!), but I've heard that they very recently laid off some Herc crews. Any insight into what is going on at 7F?
Btw, the "commitment" wording is a collective agreement thing. If you stay with 7f, you cannot bid off the type/base for two years.

ETTW
---------- ADS -----------
  

onspeed
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:48 pm
Location: yyz

Re: First Air

Post by onspeed »

probably fishing for some laid off calm air guys.... Not like having the type rating saves them any money, they still have to do complete initial at 7F. I'd still apply if I didn't have the type rating.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Cisbour
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:36 pm

Re: First Air

Post by Cisbour »

Is it a 20 ON 10 OFF out of YFB? What's the schedule like?
---------- ADS -----------
  

HuD 91gt
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:09 pm
Contact:

Re: First Air

Post by HuD 91gt »

YFB ATR
2 weeks in, 2 out. More like 15 in and 13 out.
2 year commitment until you can bid another a/c in the company (You can still bid captain on the ATR within 2 years) - No Bond
---------- ADS -----------
  

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2158
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:34 am
Location: Canada

Re: First Air

Post by Donald »

ettw wrote:Btw, the "commitment" wording is a collective agreement thing. If you stay with 7f, you cannot bid off the type/base for two years.

ETTW
Fair enough....I guess I am surprised that in a unionized company you have guys laid off from one type while there is hiring on another. I suppose the ATR in YOW must be the most junior?
---------- ADS -----------
  

ettw
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:33 pm
Location: CYFB or CNS4

Re: First Air

Post by ettw »

Donald wrote:
ettw wrote:Btw, the "commitment" wording is a collective agreement thing. If you stay with 7f, you cannot bid off the type/base for two years.

ETTW
Fair enough....I guess I am surprised that in a unionized company you have guys laid off from one type while there is hiring on another. I suppose the ATR in YOW must be the most junior?
Surprised? You're being nice. Dumbfounded is a better word.

ETTW
---------- ADS -----------
  

Liquid Charlie
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1461
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:40 am
Location: YXL
Contact:

Re: First Air

Post by Liquid Charlie »

U need a copy of the collective agreement to understand -- don't worry they had the choice to take those positions but could decided not to depending on their personal situation - sometimes taking the furlough is better than bumping ---
---------- ADS -----------
  

Post Reply

Return to “Employment Forum”