Westwind Saskatoon Interview?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

jp7500
Rank 1
Rank 1

Westwind Saskatoon Interview?

Post by jp7500 »

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on getting hired with this company? Looking for any entry level job, have been there more than once in person with a c/v, and resume, i have also emailed as well. I received a call from them in early early December and was told i was on the short list but have heard nothing since.It it appears the positions have been filled now. Why is this such a difficult company to find work at? If you work for this company and have any tips i would really appreciate it.
---------- ADS -----------

dufflebag
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Westwind Saskatoon Interview?

Post by dufflebag »

How many hours/what kind of experience do you have?

jp7500
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jp7500 »

320 hrs, commercial multi IFR, flight dispatch exams(FDOPS FDMET) written and passed, i'm not applying for a flying position, my applications have been for flight dispatch, ground services, operations agent, and customer service.

dufflebag
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dufflebag »

It's tough to say as to why, but I'd say keep trying. The company is still growing and there's obviously lots of movement, I know sometimes in all the commotion candidates can be forgotten about if they don't keep applying.

jp7500
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jp7500 »

I had an interview with them in July 2012 and it seemed to go very well, i was sent a rejection letter roughly a week later. They called me the first week of December and i have been showwing up in person with a resume in hand regulary since so they don't forget about me when they start interviewing. I'm not sure what more i can really do.

dirk82
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by dirk82 »

I know a few fellas over there sitting on the ramp with 500+ hours and are getting passed over when it comes time to fill 200 spots. Theres some really good captains working there, but its a tough spot to get a start and very long wait to the left seat. Unless you have a burning desire to have a JetA soaked tie and yellow spots on your fancy white shirt I would suggest like so many other to head north.
Good luck on the hunt, we`ve all been there.

Return to “Employment Forum”