Evertz Microsystems

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Tanker299
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Evertz Microsystems

Post by Tanker299 »

Slow clap for you. Trust me I am not applying. All of six years eh.... wow I'm impressed. Clearly the other pilots who worked for you were not impressed. Small corporate flight department for as you say such a big company don't have turnover if they are a good job. Not like you have been having over the years. Trust me again when I say I have a way better job then you do. Like I said enjoy the perpetual training cycle. You have earned it.
---------- ADS -----------

Evertz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evertz »

Tanker299 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:04 pm Slow clap for you. Trust me I am not applying. All of six years eh.... wow I'm impressed. Clearly the other pilots who worked for you were not impressed. Small corporate flight department for as you say such a big company don't have turnover if they are a good job. Not like you have been having over the years. Trust me again when I say I have a way better job then you do. Like I said enjoy the perpetual training cycle. You have earned it.
Whatever!

Torresdenochea
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Torresdenochea »

Time to lock this??? :smt014

LegoMan
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by LegoMan »

Yea, it's done.

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

Yep, looking for suckers to apply. Have fun with no life and no pay.

$80k for a King Air driver is a starting point. No lower than $40k for FOs. And a monthly roster with guaranteed days off. Now you’re at the level of the medevacs.

Nobody is going to plan their lives one day or one week at a time at the whim of execs and count driving around in a rental car with another crew member in some suicide inducing flyover state a “lifestyle” unless they are really drinking the kool aide.

Evertz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evertz »

Let me shed a bit of light on this entire topic.

Not every job is perfect or meets the needs of everyone. This position is no different. I personally think it’s pretty good; that’s why I’m here, and also why I’m the CP. Everyone can poke holes in everything! BUT as I read through posts I see several opinions from people that hide in plane site! Then we as readers take their opinions as truth! People claim they have 20 years experience and they know everything about the industry etc. How true is that in reality, while they hide behind an assumed name! Yet you as the reader will take it as fact!

Do your research!

Whatever I say on this site can be manipulated and twisted!

We are offering a position that I believe is a pretty good Job. Our company offers an excellent benefit package with good pay! Is the pay Excellent; You decide that when you get interviewed. Don’t listen to opinions from people you don’t know and don’t even identify themselves, and frankly only assume facts.

If you are not satisfied with what you are currently doing; Apply! It’s as simple as that! You will decide if the job is the right fit for you! Anyone I have interviewed will tell you that am very forthright and I try to explain all aspects of the position good and bad! I have no hidden agenda. Let’s face it; I would like anyone that works on my team to be happy, content and feel supported. Anyone that has worked, on my team, can back that up! If you as a candidate would like reverse referrals from people that have in fact worked with me; I would be more than happy to provide that before you make your decision.

To be perfectly clear; if you are interested in finding out more about our company simply apply! Not everyone will be selected for an interview because we just can’t hire everyone. Like you we will do our due diligence to make as best a decision we can before we offer the job. You in turn have full control to decide on the actual facts you get provided to you, if it will be a fit for you, and your lifestyle. It really is that easy. For those of you that know me; “I like easy”!!

So stop dipping your toes in the pond! If you want to go swimming; jump in! If you don’t like the water; towel off and go to the next pond!

I am not hiding behind a fake name. I am the CP and I will try to make life as comfortable for you as possible under my watch. Yes I can back that up!

Safe flying to you all!!!

Brian

Bradley Tucker
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bradley Tucker »

Good Day Eveyone

I hardly reply to these post but felt I had something to add so here we go. I am not hiding behind a username and will speak the truth.

I have worked for Evertz and as a company I had no complaints they look after you while on the road, you can eat healthy and never hungry. They are not an aviation company but a company that utilize aircraft to services their clients so does that present challenges yes for sure.

As for the pay well I’m not sure what it is now, however when I was there I only ever had what they call a last minute call out and at that I had 12 hrs notice. Could I get called out on less notice sure but it’s not common. We had lots of notice of flights and often worked less then a 5 day work week. Was I available to them other days yes for sure that’s the job, did I work 5 days a week no I did not.

I to get tired of hearing negative comments from people on this form when not even using your real name that’s why I use my real name and will only speak the truth as it’s a small industry. If you are scared to use your real name because of your post content then maybe you should rethink your post’s content.

With any job you apply for gather your information, apply if you wish, use all you have to make a decision if you want it or not. Every company I’m sure has issues.

Good luck to all job hunters, I knows it’s tough out there but do what you think is best for you with the information you have.

Bradley

MWalkie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MWalkie »

Hello folks,

I've worked at Evertz in the past and can personally comment on the FO and Captain positions. The maintenance is excellent and I've heard they have recently updated their flight deck to a glass setup. The flying is great, operating out of Burlington is hassle free and the primary destinations are KTEB, KBED, KBDL and CYUL with a good variety of secondary locations throughout Canada and the US. The CP is very professional, dedicated and committed to providing a safe, enjoyable working environment. As an FO you will gain great exposure to twin turbine, high density airspace and be able to live in the GTA. The pay is competitive and the schedule is excellent. While working there I had almost every weekend off and would work an average of 3 days a week. I would highly recommend that you do your own research into the company and apply if this job is a good fit for you!

Mark

Evertz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evertz »

Thx Brad

Last edited by Evertz on Sat May 12, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tanker299
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tanker299 »

All people are saying mate is they want more info. People don't want to waste their time especially in today's market. Your former employee gave better details then you have. How hard would that have been. Average we give you 12hr notice, we give you scheduled days off, we have a bond of 8grand, you need to live within an hour of the airport but open to negotiations and we pay this many peanuts to our pilots but again willing to negotiate with the right people. That whole apply and find out is a mentally based in the past. When people also see what appears to be high turnover with no info they are skeptical. I don't work for you and I never have. I have stepped on all my stones already and have a career job. If you don't want to be a stepping stone then don't be one. Not everyone has SJS syndrome and no you can't eliminate SJS and you will still see people do that but I know lots of people who will never fly a jet or for any airline. Pay and lifestyle matter the most, I want to know when I can have a beer and enough money to pay for said beer plus a few more. Just that simple.

slewatp
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by slewatp »

I have never posted before but thought I had to after reading some of the negative comments on here.

To those who are interested in flying for Evertz, I worked for Evertz for 2 years on the King Airs. Evertz is not an aviation company, it is a very large and successful technology company that uses aircraft to support there business. Like Barrick Gold, and Onex they will not give too much detail into job perks until they sit down with you. They want to get to know you a little and see if your a good fit for the company. You with be flying the CEO, CFO, sales teams, and engineers very often. You get to know them by first name and they will most likely take you out for meals/beers and pay for them even though you have $120 US a day for food allowance (won't find that anywhere else). They may even take you out on the road to NHL games, indy 500, NFL etc as Evertz created the technology that does all the sports replay for the majority of sports telivised...... Layovers are always a lot of fun.

The pilots I flew with were awesome, the Chief Pilot is great, professional and really wants you to succeed. The chief pilot knew I wasn't going to stay forever cause I had a goal set and he knew that and helped me achieve it. Yes, pilots do leave as they can't compete with salaries of international jet operators. Of the pilots I worked with at Evertz, 2 have moved onto Air Canada flying the 737 MAX, 1 Gulfstream Captain International operation, 1 767 F.O soon to be captain international operation (all of these guys are under the age of 30). This job is great for a young pilot because of the amazing experience flying all over North America. Frequent cities of operation are New York, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC. They also do week long road shows where ever day you will fly to a new city. Usually take off around noon fly a couple hours then have the entire afternoon evening off and morning till you go fly again to the next spot. These week long trips usually take you through the mid west down to Texas, others will take you out to Oregon, Florida or Colorado with stops everywhere in between. They are are a ton of fun.

The maintenance of the aircraft was amazing. When something broke you recorded it and it was fixed. Easy as that, no stress flying broken aircraft. They do spend the money on the aircraft, such they put full glass into the aircraft (ADS-B approved), they also have NEXRAD satellite radar. You can monitor all the storms in north america while sitting on the ramp waiting for passengers. This also reduces a ton of stress with flying though tornado alley. Same with de-icing, of course we did our best to get the aircraft in the hangar on day trips if it is snowing, but if you need to spray you spray with out worry from the company.

I put 800 hours in my log book while I was there, worked a couple weekends, and learnt a whole lot.

I hope potential applicants see the positives, as many have already stated the money may not be Air Canada grade but you are home most nights and pretty much every weekend. Get to fly a great machine for very nice people. I had zero complaints and would go back to them when I'm done crossing off backlist items.

Safe Flying,

SL

Evertz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evertz »

MWalkie wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 8:45 am Hello folks,

I've worked at Evertz in the past and can personally comment on the FO and Captain positions. The maintenance is excellent and I've heard they have recently updated their flight deck to a glass setup. The flying is great, operating out of Burlington is hassle free and the primary destinations are KTEB, KBED, KBDL and CYUL with a good variety of secondary locations throughout Canada and the US. The CP is very professional, dedicated and committed to providing a safe, enjoyable working environment. As an FO you will gain great exposure to twin turbine, high density airspace and be able to live in the GTA. The pay is competitive and the schedule is excellent. While working there I had almost every weekend off and would work an average of 3 days a week. I would highly recommend that you do your own research into the company and apply if this job is a good fit for you!

Mark
Thanks Mark. I enjoyed having you on the team! Brian

KingAirCaptain
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by KingAirCaptain »

slewatp wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 6:03 pm I have never posted before but thought I had to after reading some of the negative comments on here.

To those who are interested in flying for Evertz, I worked for Evertz for 2 years on the King Airs. Evertz is not an aviation company, it is a very large and successful technology company that uses aircraft to support there business. Like Barrick Gold, and Onex they will not give too much detail into job perks until they sit down with you. They want to get to know you a little and see if your a good fit for the company. You with be flying the CEO, CFO, sales teams, and engineers very often. You get to know them by first name and they will most likely take you out for meals/beers and pay for them even though you have $120 US a day for food allowance (won't find that anywhere else). They may even take you out on the road to NHL games, indy 500, NFL etc as Evertz created the technology that does all the sports replay for the majority of sports telivised...... Layovers are always a lot of fun.

The pilots I flew with were awesome, the Chief Pilot is great, professional and really wants you to succeed. The chief pilot knew I wasn't going to stay forever cause I had a goal set and he knew that and helped me achieve it. Yes, pilots do leave as they can't compete with salaries of international jet operators. Of the pilots I worked with at Evertz, 2 have moved onto Air Canada flying the 737 MAX, 1 Gulfstream Captain International operation, 1 767 F.O soon to be captain international operation (all of these guys are under the age of 30). This job is great for a young pilot because of the amazing experience flying all over North America. Frequent cities of operation are New York, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC. They also do week long road shows where ever day you will fly to a new city. Usually take off around noon fly a couple hours then have the entire afternoon evening off and morning till you go fly again to the next spot. These week long trips usually take you through the mid west down to Texas, others will take you out to Oregon, Florida or Colorado with stops everywhere in between. They are are a ton of fun.

The maintenance of the aircraft was amazing. When something broke you recorded it and it was fixed. Easy as that, no stress flying broken aircraft. They do spend the money on the aircraft, such they put full glass into the aircraft (ADS-B approved), they also have NEXRAD satellite radar. You can monitor all the storms in north america while sitting on the ramp waiting for passengers. This also reduces a ton of stress with flying though tornado alley. Same with de-icing, of course we did our best to get the aircraft in the hangar on day trips if it is snowing, but if you need to spray you spray with out worry from the company.

I put 800 hours in my log book while I was there, worked a couple weekends, and learnt a whole lot.

I hope potential applicants see the positives, as many have already stated the money may not be Air Canada grade but you are home most nights and pretty much every weekend. Get to fly a great machine for very nice people. I had zero complaints and would go back to them when I'm done crossing off backlist items.

Safe Flying,

SL
Thanks SL. It was a pleasure having you on the team!

Evertz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evertz »

slewatp wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 6:03 pm I have never posted before but thought I had to after reading some of the negative comments on here.

Safe Flying,

SL
Thanks SL. It was an absolute pleasure having you on the Team!
Brian

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I don't know this company, but I can't understand what people are complaining about - other than the bond - expecting a 1 year commitment on initial I get, but renewals? Really? Is that true?

Anyway, it seems reasonably laid out and a pretty decent job/lifestyle for an up and comer who is probably not bringing much to the table... Good equipment, fair company, reasonable schedule, pay based on tenure/experience.

Everyone wants to make $100K+, but it's a light twin...

It's also supply and demand, could be this company will eventually have to pay $100K+ to attract/keep drivers in today's market.

Can Evertz afford it?

Last annual report shows profits of $218 million on $384 million of revenues.

Market cap: $1.4B
P/E ratio: 20.9
Yield: 4.01%

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investi ... ocks/ET-T/

Pretty confident you'll be seeing your cheque every month, I'd negotiate stock options as part of my deal too... that's not a bad yield.

Evertz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evertz »

altiplano wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:39 am I don't know this company, but I can't understand what people are complaining about - other than the bond - expecting a 1 year commitment on initial I get, but renewals? Really? Is that true?

Anyway, it seems reasonably laid out and a pretty decent job/lifestyle for an up and comer who is probably not bringing much to the table... Good equipment, fair company, reasonable schedule, pay based on tenure/experience.

It's also supply and demand, could be this company will eventually have to pay $100K+ to attract/keep drivers in today's market.

Can Evertz afford it?

Pretty confident you'll be seeing your cheque every month, I'd negotiate stock options as part of my deal too... that's not a bad yield.
Thx for your post altiplano! Bond for renewal is true CURRENTLY! I am working on that! Our company is not an aviation based company thus doesn't operate as such. Having said that we do operate safely and follow the CARS, and we do have a current POC, as well as COM! Our aircraft are very well maintained with an in house AME. The company is VERY stable and a good place to work!

Brian

atpilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by atpilot »

Evertz wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:32 am
altiplano wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:39 am I don't know this company, but I can't understand what people are complaining about - other than the bond - expecting a 1 year commitment on initial I get, but renewals? Really? Is that true?

Can Evertz afford it?

Thx for your post altiplano! Bond for renewal is true CURRENTLY! I am working on that! Our company is not an aviation based company thus doesn't operate as such. Having said that we do operate safely and follow the CARS, and we do have a current POC, as well as COM! Our aircraft are very well maintained with an in house AME. The company is VERY stable and a good place to work!

Brian
I think that it would be fair for you and others to post the salary that is being offered. That way those that want to apply, can, knowing full well what they're getting into. No more second guessing, or posting comment after comment.

Xonga013
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Xonga013 »

The kind of job I have been searching for. Hope the pay is enough to survive in the GTA and feed the family. I applied, we shall see...

Evertz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evertz »

atpilot wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:13 pm
Evertz wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:32 am

Can Evertz afford it?

Brian
I think that it would be fair for you and others to post the salary that is being offered. That way those that want to apply, can, knowing full well what they're getting into. No more second guessing, or posting comment after comment.
Sorry I cannot do that! I can only do what I can do.

Brian

Evertz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evertz »

Xonga013 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 2:03 pm The kind of job I have been searching for. Hope the pay is enough to survive in the GTA and feed the family. I applied, we shall see...
Excellent. Let me know who you are when we meet in the interview.

Good Luck

Brian

Return to “Employment Forum”