Evertz Microsystems

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Evertz Microsystems

Post by 7507 »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:27 pm If you want stable and experienced pilots, pay at least $80,000 for the left seat, offer a good schedule with actual days off, increase call out times for on call pilots and ensure that the number one priority in the flight department is safety without financial pressures.
Not saying that you are or aren't doing these things as I do not know the details of your operation. I am however giving you this "free advice" as someone who has been in the business for over 20 years.
I talked to one pilot that used to fly at Evertz and he said he enjoyed his time there tremendously. I haven't heard anything negative about the position as their king air is in great shape and try and keep it that way.

Stability and experience is key you are right, and I mentioned before if given the opportunity to maybe one day flying for Evertz they'll get the stability and the more you fly the more experience. Looking forward to communicating with the CP within the next few days and see where the road will lead.
---------- ADS -----------

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Good luck. Hopefully it becomes a place where you will want to hang your hat for a while.

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 7507 »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:13 pm Good luck. Hopefully it becomes a place where you will wa

nt to hang your hat for a while.
I like their type of flying/lifestyle , if given the opportunity to one day fly for Evertz they'll get someone in me that that's the only place I'll hang my hat till its time to retire from flying for.good. I'll keep trying anyways.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Lol don't get too excited

jmjacobe
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jmjacobe »

Any word on how the hiring is moving for SIC?

NDPILOT
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by NDPILOT »

Just checked the Evertz website and both PIC & SIC jobs are still posted. The post should be removed if the positions are filled.

NDPILOT
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by NDPILOT »

Just checked the Evertz site and both PIC and SIC positions are still posted.

Torresdenochea
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Torresdenochea »

Does anyone have the current payscales for PIC/SIC?

Dragon2017
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Dragon2017 »

Why are they still hiring? From what has been said before the salary is far below the industry norm. Reading the employee reviews on Indeed about Evertz there seems to be one common theme, LOW PAY!

NDPILOT
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by NDPILOT »

Wondering if the low pay is because of the low hours. Would be nice to have a better job description/expected monthly hours or on call days.

Torresdenochea
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Torresdenochea »

I emailed their CP and asked all the standard questions, but didn't really get any straight forward answers in terms of pay and schedule. All I know is that you need to live within 1 hour drive from Burlington which won't work for me.

All the best to those that get the job!

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

I see they are advertising again on indeed.ca

Torresdenochea
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Torresdenochea »

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Wonder why they have a revolving door of pilots?

LegoMan
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by LegoMan »

It was a $8,000 bond which I was told by their HR Manager that even renewals have a bond so if you leave halfway through the year then you owe them money.

Torresdenochea
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Torresdenochea »

LegoMan wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:54 am It was a $8,000 bond which I was told by their HR Manager that even renewals have a bond so if you leave halfway through the year then you owe them money.
I don’t think its legal to bond renewals. However I could very much be wrong! Anyone?

Also, did they mention pay?

Evertz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evertz »

LegoMan wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:54 am It was a $8,000 bond which I was told by their HR Manager that even renewals have a bond so if you leave halfway through the year then you owe them money.
We are working on that

Evertz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evertz »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:44 am Wonder why they have a revolving door of pilots?
No revolving door. Pilots use us as a stepping stone to the Airlines. Nobody early in there carrier want to be on a King Air the rest of their lives. Thats pretty much a standard.

Torresdenochea
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Torresdenochea »

Evertz;

Thanks for coming here and clarifying some things for us. While we have you, would it be okay if you posted some details about the FO and Captain schedule, pay scales and benefits?

Not everyone wants to go to the Airlines by the way.

Thanks again

Evertz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evertz »

Torresdenochea wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:17 am I emailed their CP and asked all the standard questions, but didn't really get any straight forward answers in terms of pay and schedule. All I know is that you need to live within 1 hour drive from Burlington which won't work for me.

All the best to those that get the job!
As I suggested to you…if you were truly interested; apply through the appropriate channels. I believe I gave you HR’s email address.

If we feel you are a fit and you like the job as described, we will do everything within reason to make a solid offer. This type of flying Gig isn’t for everyone!

Our company is a large company that has a fair and efficient hiring process. It must be adhered to by all departments.

Return to “Employment Forum”