Borek Info Request

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

AirCab
Rank 0
Rank 0

Borek Info Request

Post by AirCab »

I am looking for some general info about Kenn Borek. I've got 3000TT, 1600hr's FO on the King Air 90/100/200. Only thing is the last time an FO was upgraded here was about five years ago. So what I am wondering is what is the chance that I could get on there as an FO and then upgrade to captain in a reasonable amount of time. I have very little Multi PIC but have flown in the arctic on singles for 700hr. Got a little sand. :D Just looking for a good place that would provide an opportunity to grow into a compitant captain and somewhere I would like to stay for a few years. Any other suggestions would be welcome. Thanks for any and all input!
---------- ADS -----------

bear
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by bear »

You could always try Voyageur in North Bay. Would have to start as F/O though. $26 000 to start. Min time around 2000 total and 500 MPIC.
Good Luck

AirCab
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AirCab »

Too bad I only have something like 50MPIC! :( Thanks for the tip though.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Stick in your resume, There is always movement here. Company requires 2500 TT and ATPL to get an upgrade, if you have the time, A's and a good word from a CPT or 2 you'll get that left seat. Time wise depends on movement (and a few other factors). Good pay 30-35K for FO, 55-60K for CPT to start. depending on where your based it's either 2 weeks on, 2 off, or 3 and 3, and your based in either YEG or YYC.
Overall a great company to spend some time at, and have some fun.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

I assume that to get a job with Borek, having a current PPC on a Twotter or King Air will get you in the door quicker than those who don't? Or do they hire pilots without? :roll:

AirCab
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AirCab »

Thank you for your reply's. Since I made my original post I have been able to chat with a guy who used to fly for Borek a couple years back. He had some cautionary notes but overall was quite positive about the company. My resume is in! Have scheduled myself to write my A's in the next month or so. Have a current right seat pcc on the 200 and 90. Sounds like a place to have some fun and find a little adventure. Just what I'm looking for. Not in any real rush to get that cushy/boring airline job! Want to see a bit more of the world low and slow :lol:

I do have a question though. With the time I have in the King Air's, what do you think the chance would be for me to see an otter? I understand the King Air and Otter operations run seperatly. But I would really love to spend some time on the otter. Am I out of luck? I won't cry over it, but I sure would like to do the kind of flying the otter guys(and girls of course) do for awhile before I sign up for a number at a major and morn the glory days of my youth.

Even so, I must say I enjoy the King Air's, especially the 200. Very capable and if you learn their quirks they can be a pleasure to fly. I know our AME swears alot at Beech :) but for me, I still grin every time I buckle up!

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

It was mentioned to me that if you put in 2 years in the beech side you can ask to go otter side. Now if there is alot of movement, I can't see them moving someone off the beech (we lose alot of pilots), I think it's a good bet once your in, your stuck.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

I've heard they don't like to move pilots from one side to the other. Not sure their rationale, except that maybe given the choice, everybody would want to go to Male for at least a tour or two. :) Even Antarctica would be some crazy experience to have on the CV.

Goold luck Air Cab. I feel your pain buddy!. cj

BirdDog IV
Rank 3
Rank 3

Whats going on in YYC

Post by BirdDog IV »

Anyone know the state of the aviation enviornment out in YYC? Spent some time in AB from 2002/2003 on a BE20, and LOVED it. Would like to get back out there. YYC especially!
Think a guy with 2400hrs ATPL 600 ME...could find someting?

Return to “Employment Forum”