Caravan Opportunities in Canada

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

thepriceisright
Rank 2
Rank 2

Caravan Opportunities in Canada

Post by thepriceisright »

Hey there.

Couldn't really find an applicable thread in this forum to post my topic, so I figured I would write a new one. I apologize in advance if I should have posted elsewhere.

Does anyone know/have experience of any Caravan operators in Canada? I seen them all on Pilot Career Centre, but I was looking for feedback on any companies in which you have flown the Caravan.

Also, not looking to make this the highlight of my post because I know there is more than one other post on here about it, but when you do post, could you also graze the Wasaya rumours. Tell me what you think about their issues in the news now, and how you would feel about going to work there.

Hope to get some helpful information on the Caravan opportunities here in Canada, and anything is appreciated. PMs are welcome, if required.

Cheers. :)

edit = spell check
---------- ADS -----------

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Caravan Opportunities in Canada

Post by '97 Tercel »

There's probably many more but... Georgian and Conair operate them, North-Wright and Tindi if you want to go north, and a handful of smaller operators that might have one or two (some on floats like Nakina maybe or Cameron Air out of YTZ)

Not sure how the pays relate at each company but the float versions would be higher $$ I would think.

Wasaya has caravans but not sure you would want to go there - a few issues lately. I did some contract work there a few years ago and there were some very disgruntled employees.

wirez
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by wirez »

Georgian hasn't operated Caravans for a while now.

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

If you go to PCC, you can search aircraft type (caravan), by country. Even tells you who is currently hiring and who accepts resumes.

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
Changes in Latitudes
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Changes in Latitudes »

I know Morningstar was looking for Caravan people recently, there was a thread and some comments on the company.

AH, yes here it is.

http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopi ... orningstar

seasonaldriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by seasonaldriver »

In Manitoba, Wamair out of Pinedock, was looking for 208 drivers recently. Amik Aviation and Northway Aviation out of CYAV St. Andrews both have fleets of Caravans and Adventure Air out of CYAX Lac du Bonnet has a 208. Northways is an IFR operation, the rest are VFR.

BTW, if you don't have time on the 'Van don't bother applying at those companies. They only hire experienced pilots as far as I know.

Tanker299
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tanker299 »

RickPilot33
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RickPilot33 »

Thunder Air Operates a Caravan out of Timmins Ontario that does lots of Coastal milk runs
and then you also have a solid Van operator out of Fort Mack for Fort McMurray Aviation...They have 206 and 208's with some on floats...
Its could be a good starting point...

Good Luck

KK7
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KK7 »

For a different flavour you can fly Caravans in low level survey at Sander Geophysics (www.sgl.com) or CGG Airborne Surveys (used to be Fugro Airborne Surveys).

Return to “Employment Forum”