Voyageur Interview

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Voyageur Interview

Post by upintheair_ »

Considering they've hired pilots with 1500 hours and less for overseas, I'd imagine the requirements aren't that high. I have no idea what they are though, just have heard a lot of stories of pilots getting hired there with pretty low time.
---------- ADS -----------

Chaxterium
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Chaxterium »

The requirements shift depending on how badly they need pilots. I was hired for the overseas work with under 1200 hours. Simply put, if you're interested, send a resume.

Cheers,
Chax

Last edited by Chaxterium on Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

Thank you for the reply guys, I have applied to the 703 position out of Moncton a few times...here's hoping :)

Maroeko
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Maroeko »

iflyroads wrote:
Maroeko wrote:Had an interview last april for 703ops on the king Air. They called me last july to tell me that the interview was successful and I was now in a pool...can take 1 week or 6 months before getting a call to be on a ground school. No news yet
Could you provide your total time and experience please? Just want to know generally what they are looking for specifically for the King Air 703.

I had 1000h TT with some 703 experience on a pilatus Pc12 and flight instruction. Hope it helps

Bolter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bolter »

Those on waiting lists for Africa have likely gotten, or will get, calls shortly. At least 5 CRJ Capts have left in the past couple of months - likely more to follow.

Chaxterium
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Chaxterium »

Bolter wrote:Those on waiting lists for Africa have likely gotten, or will get, calls shortly. At least 5 CRJ Capts have left in the past couple of months - likely more to follow.
Although that's true, I believe we hired a few pilots in the last few months in anticipation of a few of our guys/girls leaving so I'm not sure if we'll be hiring or not.

As usual, we in the field are the last to know.

Cheers,
Chax

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Is the fleet distribution overseas still the same as was mentioned last spring or is there more/less un work these days?
Also, is the overseas tax credit still ending by this coming December?

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

Maroeko wrote:
iflyroads wrote:
Maroeko wrote:Had an interview last april for 703ops on the king Air. They called me last july to tell me that the interview was successful and I was now in a pool...can take 1 week or 6 months before getting a call to be on a ground school. No news yet
Could you provide your total time and experience please? Just want to know generally what they are looking for specifically for the King Air 703.

I had 1000h TT with some 703 experience on a pilatus Pc12 and flight instruction. Hope it helps
Thank you

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

dhc# wrote:Is the fleet distribution overseas still the same as was mentioned last spring or is there more/less un work these days?
Also, is the overseas tax credit still ending by this coming December?
Hi any Voyageur drivers care to update this info ?

Gravity always wins
Bolter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bolter »

Fleet distribution is roughly the same - 1 less CRJ working in the field as the Ebola work slows down & there have been rumours of aircraft changing bases. Was told that there is additional work on the Dash-8 front/aircraft is supposed to arrive in Africa shortly, but no real details. This is a normal situation - North Bay does not provide any advance notice or forecast on the contract front/what they expect to happen to the line crews/base managers. IMO they likely got burned in the past & normal UN procedure is not to announce who won/lost a contract bid until a week/10 days before the new contract begins so it is a wait and see game (contracts are generally 2 or more years + yearly extensions available).

OETC is gone - below is link from CRA. Wording has some people believing that it will carry on, but I read it to mean that the grandfathering protected QFEI until the end of this year.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs ... 6-eng.html

Phase-out
The OETC is being phased out. The percentage of qualifying foreign employment income (QFEI) and the maximum QFEI used in the calculation of the OETC will be reduced as follows:

2014 - 40% of QFEI to a maximum QFEI of $40,000
2015 - 20% of QFEI to a maximum QFEI of $20,000
2016 - 0% of QFEI to a maximum QFEI of $0
This phase-out will not apply to the QFEI earned by you in connection with a contract that your employer committed to in writing before March 29, 2012 (referred to as protected QFEI). The phase-out rules will apply to all QFEI that is not protected.

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

Any changes coming down the road since the Chorus takeover?

Gravity always wins
Bolter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bolter »

Just a lot more singing & dancing (high kicks) now that we're part of the "Chorus Line".

No real changes at head office in YYB & nothing new in the field. May take a while before anything changes, for better or worse.

racer-pilot-rob
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by racer-pilot-rob »

Will there be hiring in the CYQM base?

It is a place I really want to be for personal reasons aplenty!!!

Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Boreas »

Can anyone on the inside shed some light on the ground-school schedule?
Have they ran any in the last month or two? Anything on the horizon?

PM if necessary. Thanks.

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

Bolter wrote:Just a lot more singing & dancing (high kicks) now that we're part of the "Chorus Line".

No real changes at head office in YYB & nothing new in the field. May take a while before anything changes, for better or worse.
If anything maybe the employees will get some Jazz flight benefits.

Return to “Employment Forum”