Porter PICUS program?

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Monorail Conductor
Rank 2
Rank 2

Porter PICUS program?

Post by Monorail Conductor »

As Porter is looking for FOs with 1000+ TT, is there a PIC under supervision program in place for those FOs that come to Porter without their ATPL?
---------- ADS -----------

lazyeight
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Porter PICUS program?

Post by lazyeight »

You can very easily have 1000TT with your PIC requirements completed. I know I had my PIC requirements complete well before 1000 hours. Write your A's, and wait out until 1500TT to apply for the license.

I'm sure quality of hours is looked at when hiring lower time FO's like it is at every other regional.

Grey_Wolf
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Porter PICUS program?

Post by Grey_Wolf »

Porter doesn't have a PICUS program at this time.

Although, you could be hired at Porter with 1000 TT and the IATRA written, your chances are very slim.

The 1000 TT is 'a foot in the door' so to speak; as it says, it's an Early Connection.

Porter will always strive, like any other airline, to pick the people who fit the company culture and have the required qualifications.

The requirements have dropped from the past, however the target to improve your chances still remains, with candidates possessing 2500+ TT, and 500 MPIC; and although not required but recommended, a few internal references.

"A good traveller has no fixed plan and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu

Return to “Porter Airlines”