New collective agreement

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

New collective agreement

Post by the-minister31 »

Despite what's going on in the world these days, we have something to celebrate! Congratz guys!
---------- ADS -----------

CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: New collective agreement

Post by CanadianPilotQc »

trust me; there is nothing to celebrate about that contract.

it's actually shameful, but in accordance with Canadian Aviation standards: where pilots sacrifice new hires salary for their own gains - which in this matter are - peanuts.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Details?

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

Was there a reason from the pilots perspective that a collective agreement needed to be agreed to at this time?
As an outsider this seems like the absolute worst time to be trying to leverage anything out of an already low end employer.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:17 am Was there a reason from the pilots perspective that a collective agreement needed to be agreed to at this time?
As an outsider this seems like the absolute worst time to be trying to leverage anything out of an already low end employer.
I do not have any information about the details, only to say the negotiations had been ongoing well prior to this crisis, a deal now gives a starting point in which concessions could start. Providing this contract is above the previous conditions, they can end up higher than if that started from where they were.
I would not be surprised if at the beginning of this reduction, SR management came in a reduced their offer, with a take it or leave it proposal.

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

Good job on the b scale guys! I hope that 8% flow really gets you in the golden door when ac won't be hiring for a while

GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

Will sky regional even be around in 10 years to have such a collective agreement?

Interesting that the flow agreement is 80% guarantee of all interviews as opposed the 90% at Jazz?

Was the bar raised on anything for jazz to leverage in their next opener to keep pushing the contracts up?

Who knows, the cpa model may be dead anyway with today’s shareholder announcement at AC.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

GATRKGA wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:28 am Who knows, the cpa model may be dead anyway with today’s shareholder announcement at AC.
??

CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CanadianPilotQc »

rudder wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:56 amDetails?
This negotiating committee came to the table with the idea to a have a Jazz contract, so management served them: Jazz pay without anything else.

12 days off instead of 11, 9 sick days instead of 8 where all Comparable companies get the equivalent of 21 a year. 125$ shoe allowance when jazz gets 220$+ does it mean that SKY pilots are worth a pair of Payless shoes source?

The best of them all ?

8% flow. And yes these pilots voted at nearly 90% in favor.

Speaking with some of Sky pilots they seem satisfied about it but I really can’t imagine how they can attract pilots if aviation pick up again.

Good luck to all then.

Last edited by CanadianPilotQc on Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

What's the payscale there now?

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Simply reinforces that multiple Express carriers serves no purpose for either labour or the corporation.

Perhaps the crisis will create some focus on that topic. Perhaps not.

Status quo does not seem likely.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Don’t know about wages but I heard it was a 10 year contract guaranteeing at least 25, 76 max seating aircraft for the term(that is the same as their current fleet).

160tonoaha
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 160tonoaha »

hithere wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:20 am Don’t know about wages but I heard it was a 10 year contract guaranteeing at least 25, 76 max seating aircraft for the term(that is the same as their current fleet).
AC guaranteed 10 years of cpa work for sky regional? I don’t even think jazz got that guarantee. Pretty sure AC can cancel a cpa within 6 months notice. I don’t think this tentative agreement secured 10 years of cpa work for sky regional.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

160tonoaha wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:59 am
hithere wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:20 am Don’t know about wages but I heard it was a 10 year contract guaranteeing at least 25, 76 max seating aircraft for the term(that is the same as their current fleet).
AC guaranteed 10 years of cpa work for sky regional? I don’t even think jazz got that guarantee. Pretty sure AC can cancel a cpa within 6 months notice. I don’t think this tentative agreement secured 10 years of cpa work for sky regional.
No idea what the current terms of the sky regional CPA are. Prior information was a 10 year deal inked 2-3 years ago with a 12 month early notice provision for AC. That was the same as what GGN had.

CHR info is public. CPA to 2035 with guaranteed minimum fleet* (the * is for what is going in right now which seems to be a ‘consent’ undertaking to temporarily reduce capacity and guarantees). There is no early notice provision for AC.

timeflies
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by timeflies »

when should you expect the actual CBA ? (not the TA)

Where the MEC go since this deal been agreed ? AC just announced they're taking advantage of the government proposition to pay 75% of each employee if the revenue dropped by 30% (CEWS) they are bringing 16.500 souls back. and Jazz is next.

I have some buddies at SKY that been laid off and since then; silence radio by the MEC, no fast read no nothing versus here at Jazz we get (almost) daily memos on what's going on with the union. support is needed now more then ever. it's actually sad for these guys.

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

The TA has been approved by the pilot group and has become a collective agreement. It came in effect April 1st.

As for the layoffs, no news from the MEC yet, but I guess they will tell us whenever they have something of interest, just like they did with the TA.

I thought the 16500 included both Jazz and Sky...

Kaykay
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Kaykay »

the-minister31 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:46 pm The TA has been approved by the pilot group and has become a collective agreement. It came in effect April 1st.

As for the layoffs, no news from the MEC yet, but I guess they will tell us whenever they have something of interest, just like they did with the TA.

I thought the 16500 included both Jazz and Sky...
Don’t think so. That number was AC employees. Jazz and Sky are Jazz and Sky employees.

dash8driver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dash8driver »

Email was sent out by the company CEO stating: They were looking into the wage subsidy program but were unsure if SkyRegional would qualify (paraphrasing). Not sure if management was genuinely surprised by AC news release, are very disorganized, or are just playing games.

Return to “Air Canada”