Is this the end of Sky Regional?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

dash8driver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Is this the end of Sky Regional?

Post by dash8driver »

With more express layoffs on the horizon, and Jazz completing a MOU with no layoffs till next fall, could this be the end of Sky Regional?
---------- ADS -----------

a2btrail
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Is this the end of Sky Regional?

Post by a2btrail »

I am a Jazz pilot. Curious why post this? Do you want it to happen so you can tell all those at Sky and everyone else "I told you so". I don't wish this on anyone.

radio
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by radio »

Very sad to see someone create a post about this.

The airlines industry doesn’t need this kind of attitude right now and there’s no excuse on wishing other co-workers pain to make you feel better.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

My god.

Sounds like a legitimate question to me from the OP.

I can understand frustrations abound but your misgivings are sadly misdirected.

Respectfully,

TPC

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Have any aircraft been returned to the leasing company or sold? That’s usually a good way of knowing since otherwise companies are pretty hush on their plans.

Let’s Go Brandon
swervin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by swervin »

I'm pretty sure the OP works for Sky.

dash8driver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dash8driver »

Inverted2 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:07 pm Have any aircraft been returned to the leasing company or sold? That’s usually a good way of knowing since otherwise companies are pretty hush on their plans.
Thanks for the good suggestion and I think you answered my question. I did some research and I couldn’t find that any aircraft have been returned to the leasing company or sold.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

dash8driver wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:54 am
Inverted2 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:07 pm Have any aircraft been returned to the leasing company or sold? That’s usually a good way of knowing since otherwise companies are pretty hush on their plans.
Thanks for the good suggestion and I think you answered my question. I did some research and I couldn’t find that any aircraft have been returned to the leasing company or sold.
15 175’s are owned by AC. I believe they are debt free and unencumbered (although not 100% sure). Therefore, if they are currently idle it comes at no expense to AC.

10 175’s are subleases from AC. No idea what the lease expiry dates are. Unlikely that there are early termination provisions contained therein, but you never know. Unless they are power-by-the-hour it would make sense that they remain in service.

Return to “Air Canada”