ALPA card drive starts today!

Discuss topics relating to Encore.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Mr. North
Rank 8
Rank 8

ALPA card drive starts today!

Post by Mr. North »

I'd wager 12 days to certification.
---------- ADS -----------

skybaron
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: ALPA card drive starts today!

Post by skybaron »

Let's hope these lads have the courage to stand united with their mainline brethren.

Mooseontheloose
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mooseontheloose »

If the card drive at Encore has started, ALPA has already won. I'd wager 20 days to certification, only because we work so damn much!

And why do we have our own forum now? We're in the process of UNITING our pilot group, not separating it.

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

Mooseontheloose wrote:If the card drive at Encore has started, ALPA has already won. I'd wager 20 days to certification, only because we work so damn much!

And why do we have our own forum now? We're in the process of UNITING our pilot group, not separating it.
Probably because you work at Encore. Not Westjet.

Nwtflier
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Nwtflier »

I like how you chose your words very carefully when naming the companies. It's actually Westjet and Westjet Encore.

Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alcoholism »

Pilots think unions will be the savior of what burdens them.... fools. Look at ACPA, complete tools; so is any pilot union. All just an excuse for pilots wanting to get in on the management side of things. And the worst thing of a company management side of things is to have a pilot running the show.

skybaron
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by skybaron »

atphat wrote:
Mooseontheloose wrote:If the card drive at Encore has started, ALPA has already won. I'd wager 20 days to certification, only because we work so damn much!

Probably because you work at Encore. Not Westjet.
The money goes to the same pockets regardless of their so called branding of the "two" operations.
It's the same outfit, and the current objective of management in this typical union setting will be to further try to separate the pilot groups.

It's 1 company.

After they certify, the hope will be that AC will join in, to further nation-wide representation.

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

The WJ pilots I know definitely do not think it is one company. Could just be them though. Have heard many Encore pilots say they work for ""Westjet". Have yet to hear a Westjet pilot say they work for Encore. They are not the same. No matter how bad you want them to be.

skybaron
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by skybaron »

atphat wrote:They are not the same. No matter how bad you want them to be.

My interest lies in only seeing a nationwide representation for the benefit of all pilots. I could care less about the egotistical intercompany squabbles that come from a few short sighted fellow "professionals".

And it IS 1 company. Just ask a member of their Board of Directors or major shareholders. Finance 101.

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

Cool. Thought this website was from the POV of pilots. Not board of directors and major shareholders.
Understood.

seriousflyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by seriousflyer »

ALPA drive is underway!
So glad we at Encore got organised to be united with our fellow pilot group. ALPA support is strong and should move quickly. This will be an awesome step forward for the company as Westjet starts flying on the global stage. Best of luck everyone.

.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by .80@410 »

Alcoholism wrote:Pilots think unions will be the savior of what burdens them.... fools. Look at ACPA, complete tools; so is any pilot union. All just an excuse for pilots wanting to get in on the management side of things. And the worst thing of a company management side of things is to have a pilot running the show.

Speaking of tools :roll:

I shouldn't feed the tools. I mean trolls.

Just callin it like it is.
RVR6000
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RVR6000 »

Alcoholism wrote:Pilots think unions will be the savior of what burdens them.... fools. Look at ACPA, complete tools; so is any pilot union. All just an excuse for pilots wanting to get in on the management side of things. And the worst thing of a company management side of things is to have a pilot running the show.
Because ACPA isn’t a real union :lol:

Want to see what ALPA can achieve, look south of the border. If all branches of Westjet unite under ALPA, with Jazz/Transat already with ALPA it’s just a matter of time for AC pilots to join.

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

We can only hope.

FAD3C
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by FAD3C »

As a former colleague used to say over the radio "god help us".
Too bad the FAA charges an arm and a leg for an ATPL conversion to ATP.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

I'd take you more seriously if your nick-name wasn't "Alcoholism"... Get back to your Tues. morning bottle of cheap rye!

Last edited by HansDietrich on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Das ist mir wurst...
flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

I guess the card drive has gone no where or is going very slow. I thought it would be 2 weeks, but here we are at 3.5 weeks and still nothing.

I did figure that most would sign and get the ball rolling fairly quick, however at this point I'd say it might be a small majority if it goes through.

Thoughts??

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

I don't think anyone at Encore feels that there's a hurry in this. Most of the folks that I've spoken with generally are in favour of certification so that they can be represented by the same union (though a different bargaining unit) as the Mainline Jet guys. The fact that its taken a few weeks shouldn't really lead to any assumptions on the success of the card drive or lack there of.

seriousflyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by seriousflyer »

Good point.

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

Encore may choose not to unionize now that Swoop is on the table. Mainline might just be left out in the cold, mumbling about list bottoms that no longer matter.

Return to “WestJet Encore”