How's morale with uncertainty of the one list?

Discuss topics relating to Encore.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Mooseontheloose
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: How's morale with uncertainty of the one list?

Post by Mooseontheloose »

jjj wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:14 am I wish all the best to anyone in this business getting a better deal but your average Encore pilot doesn’t garner much sympathy from anyone of my generation.

Cheers.

JJJ
WORDS OF WISDOM FROM CAPT. SHITDONTSTINK!! CANT WAIT TO FLY WITH YAHH!!!

LISTEN UP GENTS!!! 2 PILOTS GET HIRED ON THE SAME DAY. THEY BOTH UPGRADE IN SIX YEARS. ONE ENJOYS THE WESTJET LIFESTYLE AND GOES STRAIGHT TO YEAR 6 CAPTAIN PAY!!! THE OTHER IS WORKED LIKE A STINKY PACK MULE FOR 5 YEARS!! TAKES A PAY CUT AND THEN UPGRADES TO CAPTAIN YEAR 2!!! ANYONE WRITING THE PSTAR WILL KNOW WHO HAS THE BETTER DEAL!! ITS THE NAVAJO COJO STARTING AT WESTJET TOMORROW!!!

ALL THE DASH DRIVERS AT ENCORE HOPING TO PUNCH THE TICKET FOR BIG RED!!! YEAAAAHH!!! GOOD LUCK!!! ENCORE WON'T BE ABLE TO FLOW ANYONE IF TOO MANY PEOPLE LEAVE!!! HOPE YOU ENJOY FLYING THAT DASH FOR LIFE!!! DON'T WORRY, GOT A PAY CUT WAITING FOR YA WHENEVER YA GET HERE!!! LOL!!!! SEEEE YAAAHHH!!!

KEEP PICKING UP SOGGY KLEENEX AND CANDY WRAPPERS!!! THE DIRTY DASH DOESN'T CLEAN ITSELF!!! THANKS FOR BEING SO WESTJETTY!!!
---------- ADS -----------

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

Lol

:lol:

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jjj »

short bus wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:19 am Well, at least we know what happened to 748HO.
Good one! Was trying to remember that handle.

Missed you 748.

JJJ

sstaurus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by sstaurus »

:lol: His Caps lock may be stuck.. but he's not too far off the mark.

pacman007
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pacman007 »

Well my guess is that all the encore pilots will keep there YOS and get the pay that goes along with it. I suspect very soon that there will be a posting for the “westjet group of companies”with the same pay scale for the first 3-4 years just like AC. So when you get hired the company will put you where they need you. Wen you are off the standard pay ( first 3-4 years) you can bid on base/type and keep the YOS that go along with it. This allows the company to grow where they need to and not have pilots applying for swoop, westjet but not encore. Not a good deal for experienced pilots but that’s they way it needs to be!

kinouille
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kinouille »

pacman007 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:57 am Well my guess is that all the encore pilots will keep there YOS and get the pay that goes along with it.
Hi Pacman,
I don't know where you got the info that Encore pilots get YOS but it is wrong. The only thing Encore pilots have (for now) is the one list. Which only means that when they'll move to mainline (or Swoop), they will keep their DOH seniority. As of now, if an Encore pilot go to mainline, he/she will start at the year 1 pay rate and start from there.
Everything from the WJ/Swoop and Encore contract is under negotiations and very little have been revealed (for obvious reason). Anything coming out in forums are only rumors (often false).

I hope that will clarify a few things.
Cheers

Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by 180 »

He said “my guess is”, he isn’t claiming anything Kinnouille, he’s just speculating.

Hopefully it won’t be long before everyone knows the final score.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

jjj wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:01 pm
short bus wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:19 am Well, at least we know what happened to 748HO.
Good one! Was trying to remember that handle.

Missed you 748.

JJJ
Ha Ha Ha ha Ha!
:lol: Sort of miss him, welcome back man.

CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CAL »

far removed from this but curious all the same....
why wouldnt the company just agree and setup 1 list from the start?
doesnt that make the most sense anyway?

FL007
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL007 »

CAL wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:01 pm far removed from this but curious all the same....
Before when it wasn't unionized the company could make under the table deals and hire anyone for any position for any reason, the one list is just a carrot.

Unless you're in a unionized environment where there are repercussions to hiring for a position where there are already qualified people internally apply, however because you don't want to train their replacement you hire outside.

A one list doesn't make the most sense for the company if there is so much flow that WJ can't take all the pilots from encore (they agreed to close to 100% intake, which wasn't the case) because there wasn't enough experience or qualified people to fly for encore. It makes sense as a carrot to entice qualified people to come to encore, but without a union it wasn't enforced, so they were hiring OTS hires for WJ positions, etc.

Rezy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rezy »

CAL wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:01 pm far removed from this but curious all the same....
The one list was negotiated under the WJPA when the attempt was to make all pilots the same. WestJet Pilots flying Encore airplanes was what the WJPA was hoping to achieve - they did not. So the compromise was “one list” but separate companies. The scope for WestJet pilots was a LOU that stated if any layoffs occurred at WestJet they would bump Encore pilots off the list, so that way they were protected.
The financial burden of pure one list and all new hires going into encore would be hefty when retirements start to kick in from a training perspective.
The percentage of flow has always been predicated on Encores ability to operate while flowing to WestJet. This is about to become extremely difficult with such low experience coming into Encore, which I don’t believe anyone predicted as coming this soon 3-4 years ago.
Now that both Encore and WestJet are in negotiations it remains to be seen what the one list will look like once all negotiations are complete.

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

Rezy wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:44 pm flowing to WestJet. This is about to become extremely difficult with such low experience coming into Encore, which I don’t believe anyone predicted as coming this soon 3-4 years ago.
Well if they paid more, then perhaps more people might be pried loose from better-paying 703/4 jobs and raise the experience level a little...

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CAL »

what a mess you guys have got yourselves into.......

sstaurus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by sstaurus »

I think they would rather park a quarter of the planes before that happens.

Mooseontheloose
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mooseontheloose »

HEEEYYYYY FELLAS!!! HOWS LIFE PICKING UP TRASH ON THE DASH?!?!

JUST WANTED TO STOP BY AND SAY THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!! I HEAR THIS YEAR'S PROFIT SHARE IS GONNA BE A BIG ONE!! BLOW THE ROOF OFF!!! MAKE PICKING UP ALL THAT WHET KLEENEX SEEM LIKE A REAL GOOD IDEA!!!

HEYAAAA!!

I CAUGHT WIND OF THAT NEW WJA RESERVE SYSTEM!!! YOU MUST BE SO EXCITED!!!! 18 DAYS A MONTH IN YYZ!!!!! +++PLUS+++ A PAYCUT!!! NO CHANCE FOR OVERTIME!!! $1500 EVERY TWO WEEKS!!! WELCOME TO THE BIG SHOW!!! AREN'T YOU GLAD YOU WORKED YOUR ASS OFF ALL THOSE YEARS!!!! SURE HOPE YOU SAVED YOUR OPA CHECKS AND PICKED UP ENOUGH POCKET CHANGE BETWEEN THE SEATS SO YOU CAN SHELL OUT FOR THAT FANCY CRASH PAD!!! YEAAAAAAA!!! NOTHING SAYS "I'M A JET PILOT" LIKE HOT BUNKING IN SOME DUMP!!!

WHEELS ABOUT TO FALL OFF AT ENCORE! UNCLE EDDIE HAS TO TURN THE FLOW DOWN!!! WHAT A PARTY POOPER! SO MANY FELLAS "JUST ABOUT TO FLOW" HAHAHA!!! GONNA TAKE ENCORE PILOTS YEAAAAAAAARS TO REACH VALHALLA!!! IN THE MEAN TIME THEY'RE HIRING NAVAJO COJOES TO FILL YOUR JET SEATS!!!! HOW ABOUT THEM SWOOP PILOTS?!!!! THEY STILL AROUND PLUGGING UP THE SYSTEM LIKE A STINKY TURD?!!!! THEY ALL GET YEARS OF SERVICE FROM DAY ONE!!! FANCY THAT!!!!! WHAT DO YOU GET?! JACK SHIT!!!!! QUIT YOUR BITCHIN GET BACK THERE AND CLEAAAAAN UP!!!!!

YEAAAHHH MENN!!! JUST TELLING IT AS I SEE IT!!! ENCORE PILOTS GETTING THE SHAFT!!! YESSIR!! BUT THERE'S HOPE OUT THERE MEN!!! LOTS OF CUSHY SEATS AND SWEET DEALS FOR ANYONE MAN ENOUGH TO MAKE A MOVE!!! DON'T BE A WET SOCK!!! GET OUT THERE AND LEAVE THE RESTOF'EM BEHIND!!

Kaykay
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Kaykay »

Okay seriously, who other than 12 year olds actually posts in all caps?

FL007
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL007 »

Kaykay wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:15 pm Okay seriously, who other than 12 year olds actually posts in all caps?
More of a novelty account but I find him funny, and accurate.

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

Kaykay wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:15 pm Okay seriously, who other than 12 year olds actually posts in all caps?
The US President

Liftdump
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Liftdump »

748ho is that you? Welcome back

Tacoma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tacoma »

Sounds like the one list is alive and well. Westjet and Encore MECs agreed on the original intent of the one list and are presenting it to the company as an LOU which will then go to a vote at each pilot group before it is implemented.

And some good news for WeedPro: “This document has been legally reviewed and meets the requirements set forth under the ALPA Constitution and Canadian labour law.”

This is great news for all pilots at WestJet and Encore and guarantees an additional 600+ Pilots who have worked through Encore hired before April 2018 will upgrade on the 737 ahead of those hired after April 2018. :D

Return to “WestJet Encore”