Encore without the One List

Discuss topics relating to Encore.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

skyhighh
Rank 2
Rank 2

Encore without the One List

Post by skyhighh »

I've been thinking a lot about posting here since the One List got voted down but here is the truth...

Coming to Encore to then go to Westjet is in my opinion a waste of time. If you are an FO at Encore, you should try to go to Sunwing, Transat, Jazz and even Swoop. Actually if you are currently a First Officer at Encore, going to Swoop is the best thing you can do for your career because:
1) You will be building YOS at WestJet
2) You will be making more money
3) It will take you at least two years to get to WestJet so might as well build YOS and make more money.
4) You will be building jet time while you wait for another opportunity.

Now that the WestJet pilots voted no to the one thing that were keeping pilots from going to Swoop or leaving, there is literally no reasons to stay at Encore. When all the airlines are taking pilots with a fresh ATPL, why waste your time making 38k/year flying a Q400.

Thank you WestJet pilots for eating your own children.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by skyhighh on Mon May 20, 2019 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
tbayav8er
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Encore without the One List

Post by tbayav8er »

Actually if I'm not mistaken, if you are an Encore FO and you go to Swoop, you would not get REIP. I believe you only get REIP if you are an Encore Captain when you make the move.

I don't have the contract in front of me, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I'm 99% sure that's the way it goes though.

FlyingMonkey
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by FlyingMonkey »

Only Encore Cpt’s are eligible for REIP, not FO’s.

skyhighh
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by skyhighh »

Correct, I edited the post. But the point remain the same, you would be making more money and fly a jet that most company uses. The Q400 open some doors but the 737 opens a lot more.

tbayav8er
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tbayav8er »

I mean, if you want to go to Swoop, that's your prerogative and you will get yourself on the WJ pilot list and start building YOS.

For me, I've just got my fingers crossed that the one-list comes back. 18 days/month is already about the maximum I can handle. Forget 20/21 days/month. I work to live, not live to work....

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Swoop really works 20/21 days a month? I'm surprised anybody wants to work there.

tbayav8er
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tbayav8er »

Well if I'm not mistaken, their agreement just says they are entitled to 10 days off/month. Whether that's what they are actually being scheduled for, I'm not sure, but I wouldn't want to take the risk. To each their own though. There's no way I would be spending 20-21 days/month away from home though.

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

tbayav8er wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:19 pm Well if I'm not mistaken, their agreement just says they are entitled to 10 days off/month. Whether that's what they are actually being scheduled for, I'm not sure, but I wouldn't want to take the risk. To each their own though. There's no way I would be spending 20-21 days/month away from home though.
While I'm not saying someone at Encore should or shouldn't go to Swoop, nor am I suggesting that the Swoop schedule is perfect, my understanding of how the schedule works is that Swoop pilots request 10 GDOs they'd like for the month. However, the max days worked is 18 (for months with 30 days) or 19 (for months with 31 days). I had a review of the schedules and most pilots are getting 15-17 days off a month. That includes GDOs and OFF days. There's a bit of fuzziness with regard to how the company wants to treat OFF days, but from what I understand from current pilots is that if they can't reach you on an OFF day, they can't make you work.

doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

tbayav8er wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:00 pm I mean, if you want to go to Swoop, that's your prerogative and you will get yourself on the WJ pilot list and start building YOS.

For me, I've just got my fingers crossed that the one-list comes back. 18 days/month is already about the maximum I can handle. Forget 20/21 days/month. I work to live, not live to work....
Love what you do and you'll never work a day in your life.
dance like everyone is watching and all that jazz !

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Said every pilot that went to Swoop, than wanted to kill themselves working for such a shitty operation.
doiwannabeapilot wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:10 pm Love what you do and you'll never work a day in your life.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Said every pilot that went to Swoop, than wanted to kill themselves working for such a SH8TTY operation.
doiwannabeapilot wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:10 pm Love what you do and you'll never work a day in your life.

Return to “WestJet Encore”