Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: 2018 Pilot Hiring

Post by Handover » Wed May 15, 2019 6:25 am

Yycjetdriver wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:07 am
munzil wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:58 pm
Good luck to all who interviewed. Sunwing is truely a gem of Canadian Aviation. With the new type coming on line soon, things are certainly going to get interesting.
A gem??? Seriously? Sunwing isn’t very far removed from the days of trying to play the foreign worker system at every corner in order to avoid hiring Canadians. Instead filling their flight decks with cheaper, drunk Eastern Europeans.
Eh? I work here, what on earth are you talking about? To be frank your diatribe sounds a little drunk in itself.
---------- ADS -----------

Yycjetdriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Yycjetdriver » Wed May 15, 2019 7:01 am

Handover wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:25 am
Yycjetdriver wrote:
munzil wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:58 pm
Good luck to all who interviewed. Sunwing is truely a gem of Canadian Aviation. With the new type coming on line soon, things are certainly going to get interesting.
A gem??? Seriously? Sunwing isn’t very far removed from the days of trying to play the foreign worker system at every corner in order to avoid hiring Canadians. Instead filling their flight decks with cheaper, drunk Eastern Europeans.
Eh? I work here, what on earth are you talking about? To be frank your diatribe sounds a little drunk in itself.
Ok.... good one.
So I’m guessing by the fact you chose to attack me instead of what I said I was correct in my statement.

Handover
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Handover » Wed May 15, 2019 9:23 am

Yycjetdriver wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:01 am
Handover wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:25 am
Yycjetdriver wrote:

Ok.... good one.
So I’m guessing by the fact you chose to attack me instead of what I said I was correct in my statement.
Ok, fine. Can you elaborate on how we are not far removed from the foreign worker days? Certainly that incident was not to be celebrated. A number of airlines have had such unfortunate issues. Are you implying that the rest of us behave in such a fashion?

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by DHC-1 Jockey » Wed May 15, 2019 10:40 am

I've worked at 3 705 companies, 1 704 and 1 703 and SWG is the best place I've been. Hopefully they stay in business a long time as I intend to stay the rest of my career here.
Yycjetdriver wrote:
Seriously? Sunwing isn’t very far removed from the days of trying to play the foreign worker system at every corner in order to avoid hiring Canadians.
Note that Transat (who used to slag SWG for doing this) is using foreign workers themselves now to augment their winter flying. I'm not slamming Transat by the way. I know people who work there and they seem just as happy there as the people at SWG. Having these agreements allows SWG to have the flexibility to not lay-off pilots in the summer. And, we send far more pilots to Europe in the summer than SWG brings to Canada in the winter.

I think it's a good business model for a very seasonal business.

joyful
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by joyful » Wed May 22, 2019 8:52 am

So groundschool is scheduled on July only, can anyone here confirm?

Return to “Sunwing”