Sunwing hiring process

Discuss topics related to Sunwing.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

JESSICA2017
Rank 0
Rank 0

Sunwing hiring process

Post by JESSICA2017 »

Good Morning all,

i just had an interview for sunwing yesterday in Ottawa, and of course very nervous, anxious and over analyzing lol they contacted my references shortly after the end of the interview i was wondering if this is a good sign or if this is generic and they call everyone's references before making any decisions, I dont want to get overly optimistic. Thanks for any advice!
---------- ADS -----------

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Sunwing hiring process

Post by HansDietrich »

JESSICA2017 wrote:Good Morning all,

i just had an interview for sunwing yesterday in Ottawa, and of course very nervous, anxious and over analyzing lol they contacted my references shortly after the end of the interview i was wondering if this is a good sign or if this is generic and they call everyone's references before making any decisions, I dont want to get overly optimistic. Thanks for any advice!

English is actually my 3rd language, so I had to read your paragraph about 4 times before I was able to understand what you're trying to say. May I recommend punctuation and proper sentences?

What job did you apply for?

From personal experience, companies don't contact references unless you did well during the interview. From what you're saying, it looks promising.

Good luck,

Hans

Das ist mir wurst...
JoeyBarton
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JoeyBarton »

Any other ground schools planned for the remainder of 2017?

a380super
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by a380super »

most probably Joey..:
Company says "there will be non stop Hiring&training for the next 12&24 months..."

flythatwing
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flythatwing »

JESSICA2017 wrote:Good Morning all,

How did it go ? Have you heard back?

flythatwing
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flythatwing »

Hey, looking for some info regarding Sunwing and hoping someone on the inside can help:

1) Is it still seasonal work? Do you work year around in Canada or do you have to alternate to Europe and back to Canada in the winters/layoff?
2) How many GDOs a month and what's the average days off a month?
3) What's the upgrade time and requirements?
4) What's the pay scale?
5) Is YYZ the main hub?

How do you even apply? I checked out the careers page and they have no postings for pilots.

I know I am asking a lot of questions but this probably sums up most of what a candidate would want to know before making a decision on applying there or not.

Ciao

a380super
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by a380super »

will try to answers your questions:

1)No you don't have to.its your "choice": deployments in Europe work by bidding and seniority. (you might be drafted if you are very junior).
2) 11 GDO's /month is the minimum, practically its between 15 and 20..
3) upgrade time ..2..3 years right now. Requirements i think 5000h total, 2000H on jet.
4) hourly 58..$/H first year for f/O hourly rate increases 5..10$/years. MMG is 80h in the summer and goes up to 90H in the winter.
(hourly rate is double if you want to fly on a GDO.)
5) yes YYZ in the main hub , and YUL is the second one.
(YVR is not (yet) officially a permanent base).
I think you can still apply on "pilot jobs"

Good luck.

flythatwing
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flythatwing »

a380super wrote:will try to answers your questions:

1)No you don't have to.its your "choice": deployments in Europe work by bidding and seniority. (you might be drafted if you are very junior).
2) 11 GDO's /month is the minimum, practically its between 15 and 20..
3) upgrade time ..2..3 years right now. Requirements i think 5000h total, 2000H on jet.
4) hourly 58..$/H first year for f/O hourly rate increases 5..10$/years. MMG is 80h in the summer and goes up to 90H in the winter.
(hourly rate is double if you want to fly on a GDO.)
5) yes YYZ in the main hub , and YUL is the second one.
(YVR is not (yet) officially a permanent base).
I think you can still apply on "pilot jobs"

Good luck.
That is very helpful, thanks!

Return to “Sunwing”