Air Transat interview

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
jpnsteve
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:45 pm

Air Transat interview

Post by jpnsteve » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:17 am

Hey anyone have info on the new hiring process? I hav a phone interview on weds. Just trying to figure out if it’s technical or HR motivated. Any info will help


Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Just another canuck
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1894
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 6:21 am
Location: The Lake.

Re: Air Transat interview

Post by Just another canuck » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:56 am

It’ll be short. HR related. Why do you want to work here? What do you know about us? Any accidents maybe... Nothing too serious. Just be honest and don’t say anything stupid. Haha. Then a psych eval and background check will take place before the real interview. The phone interview is nothing to worry about. Good luck.
---------- ADS -----------
  
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.

avcraig
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:29 am

Re: Air Transat interview

Post by avcraig » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Just another canuck wrote:It’ll be short. HR related. Why do you want to work here? What do you know about us? Any accidents maybe... Nothing too serious. Just be honest and don’t say anything stupid. Haha. Then a psych eval and background check will take place before the real interview. The phone interview is nothing to worry about. Good luck.
What exactly happens in the "Psych eval"?
---------- ADS -----------
  

GATRKGA
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:24 pm

Re: Air Transat interview

Post by GATRKGA » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:36 pm

jpnsteve,

When did you apply? Could you fill us in on qualifications? Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------
  

Just another canuck
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1894
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 6:21 am
Location: The Lake.

Re: Air Transat interview

Post by Just another canuck » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:21 pm

avcraig wrote:
Just another canuck wrote:It’ll be short. HR related. Why do you want to work here? What do you know about us? Any accidents maybe... Nothing too serious. Just be honest and don’t say anything stupid. Haha. Then a psych eval and background check will take place before the real interview. The phone interview is nothing to worry about. Good luck.
What exactly happens in the "Psych eval"?
It’s online. Two parts. One is timed and one isn’t if I remember correctly. The main point I can make is to be honest. For example, one question is “Have you ever gossiped about a co-worker?”. If you put no, because you don’t want seem like a bad person, the test will no you’re a liar.

The timed portion is tricky. Most people don’t actually complete the whole thing. Have a pad and paper handy.
---------- ADS -----------
  
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.

milhouse
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:55 am

Re: Air Transat interview

Post by milhouse » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:30 am

I have a few questions regarding the sim eval if anyone could shed some light. As I understand it it consists of (among other things) VOR radial intercepts and VOR hold....I am just wondering what this means exactly, is it using the FMS, or is there an HSI of some sort? I know the 310 is an old bird so I am not quite sure what the nav equipment is like. (It has been a long time since I did any of this stuff without an FMS so i'd like to know what to expect.)

I also know there is some sort of loc/ndb or loc/dme approach, does the airplane calculate a slope for you or is it basically a step down that you are doing? And what is the deal with auto throttle during the approach?
---------- ADS -----------
  

Negativefeather
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:26 am

Re: Air Transat interview

Post by Negativefeather » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:30 pm

Anyone able to provide info if you’re hired for a YYZ base, where the initial training/sim takes place and if accommodations are provided? Just curious if it’s similar to the Westjet group, where a commuter would have to find accommodations.

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------
  

FL320
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat interview

Post by FL320 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:04 pm

Sim will take place in YUL - we had the A320 initials in Miami but the A320 sim will be operational at CAE YUL at the beginning of April.
Air Transat wil pay your DH and hotels in YUL plus per diems during your training. If you don’t plan to DH or use the hotels; they will put the credits in a ´bank’ so you may use it later (ie you can use your credit for hotel rooms in YYZ if you want).
---------- ADS -----------
  

Negativefeather
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:26 am

Re: Air Transat interview

Post by Negativefeather » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:40 pm

FL320 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:04 pm
Sim will take place in YUL - we had the A320 initials in Miami but the A320 sim will be operational at CAE YUL at the beginning of April.
Air Transat wil pay your DH and hotels in YUL plus per diems during your training. If you don’t plan to DH or use the hotels; they will put the credits in a ´bank’ so you may use it later (ie you can use your credit for hotel rooms in YYZ if you want).
Great info, thanks.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Post Reply

Return to “Air Transat”