Air Transat interview

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, Sulako, North Shore

jpnsteve
Rank 0
Rank 0

Air Transat interview

#1 Post by jpnsteve » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:17 am

Hey anyone have info on the new hiring process? I hav a phone interview on weds. Just trying to figure out if it’s technical or HR motivated. Any info will help

Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

Just another canuck
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Air Transat interview

#2 Post by Just another canuck » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:56 am

It’ll be short. HR related. Why do you want to work here? What do you know about us? Any accidents maybe... Nothing too serious. Just be honest and don’t say anything stupid. Haha. Then a psych eval and background check will take place before the real interview. The phone interview is nothing to worry about. Good luck.

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.

avcraig
Rank 1
Rank 1

#3 Post by avcraig » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Just another canuck wrote:It’ll be short. HR related. Why do you want to work here? What do you know about us? Any accidents maybe... Nothing too serious. Just be honest and don’t say anything stupid. Haha. Then a psych eval and background check will take place before the real interview. The phone interview is nothing to worry about. Good luck.
What exactly happens in the "Psych eval"?

GATRKGA
Rank 2
Rank 2

#4 Post by GATRKGA » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:36 pm

jpnsteve,

When did you apply? Could you fill us in on qualifications? Thanks!

Just another canuck
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

#5 Post by Just another canuck » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:21 pm

avcraig wrote:
Just another canuck wrote:It’ll be short. HR related. Why do you want to work here? What do you know about us? Any accidents maybe... Nothing too serious. Just be honest and don’t say anything stupid. Haha. Then a psych eval and background check will take place before the real interview. The phone interview is nothing to worry about. Good luck.
What exactly happens in the "Psych eval"?
It’s online. Two parts. One is timed and one isn’t if I remember correctly. The main point I can make is to be honest. For example, one question is “Have you ever gossiped about a co-worker?”. If you put no, because you don’t want seem like a bad person, the test will no you’re a liar.

The timed portion is tricky. Most people don’t actually complete the whole thing. Have a pad and paper handy.

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.

milhouse
Rank 0
Rank 0

#6 Post by milhouse » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:30 am

I have a few questions regarding the sim eval if anyone could shed some light. As I understand it it consists of (among other things) VOR radial intercepts and VOR hold....I am just wondering what this means exactly, is it using the FMS, or is there an HSI of some sort? I know the 310 is an old bird so I am not quite sure what the nav equipment is like. (It has been a long time since I did any of this stuff without an FMS so i'd like to know what to expect.)

I also know there is some sort of loc/ndb or loc/dme approach, does the airplane calculate a slope for you or is it basically a step down that you are doing? And what is the deal with auto throttle during the approach?

Return to “Air Transat”