First year

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

First year

Post by flyinhigh »

Hey folks,

I have a couple questions on being a first year FO.

1) What will the take home pay for a first year FO be? With and without all the stipends, and both narrow/widebody. I know there is quite the variation.

2) I understand that family does get interline on Westjet and AC. I was wondering what the cost is for family to travel on them, or how much a discount it usually is?

Thank for the help.
---------- ADS -----------

goleafsgo
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: First year

Post by goleafsgo »

I'm interested in that too

TFTMB heavy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TFTMB heavy »

Years 1-2 for the NB and WB pays are the same, 1- $55760 and 2- $69535. Year 3 and up is where the gap starts. Per diems are paid on 2-6 day pairings, none on turns. Will you get pairings, most likely and depending on your aircraft type it will vary.

We have standby with WS and a few other airlines, WS it is charged per segment, from $40 to $90. Your partner, parents and children are eligible. We do not have standby on AC.

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

Westjet standbys have gone through the roof in the last year. Round trip YYC YYZ is now almost $400. Except for Spring break, the occasional multiple Whoops cancellations, and currently the Max story, there's almost always room. It's nice for standbys to have an airline that doesn't oversell.

If it's travel perks you're looking for, working for AC or WJ is a better bet.

Hot Coffee
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Hot Coffee »

flyinhigh wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:00 am Hey folks,

I have a couple questions on being a first year FO.

1) What will the take home pay for a first year FO be? With and without all the stipends, and both narrow/widebody. I know there is quite the variation.

2) I understand that family does get interline on Westjet and AC. I was wondering what the cost is for family to travel on them, or how much a discount it usually is?

Thank for the help.
1) As mentioned it's only the WB pay scale now, which didn't affect 1st or 2nd year hires anyway. Pay is biweekly, 26 pay periods. After all deductions, including a 5% RSP contribution and health benefits etc. expect around $1350 per pay without any per diems for year one and around $1650 year two. Mileage varies based on contributions and benefit coverage for family members and such. This also assumes an Ontario residence. Year three expect more like $1950 biweekly. Per diems can easily add $1000-$1500 to your second pay each month. That first year is harsh, no doubt. The second year... better, but not much. Hopefully this is addressed on the next contract.... Inshallah

2) Like TFTMB heavy said, WJ with a few others using that myIDtravel service for standby. Of course though, you can use jumpseat privileges with just about anyone, including AC for yourself. North America and Europe will be easy for standby travel. Outside of that, not so much.
AC or WJ certainly have better deals for their standby options, but I can confidently say that with Transat you'll at least have the time off to use what you do have ;)

Return to “Air Transat”