DOH merge.

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Daniel Cooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: DOH merge.

Post by Daniel Cooper »

Does anyone know when the shareholder vote will be held?
---------- ADS -----------

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Gilles Hudicourt »

September

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

There is so much garbage and venom on this thread, I have no desire to read it.
We are just pawns in a game played by others. I am not going to argue with other pawns who like me, have no control over what is happening, it's useless.
I am just going to continue to do my job, with a positive attitude, courtesy, respect and professionalism, regardless of what happens.

In the meantime, we should all make sure that the people we selected at our Unions to defend our interests are trusted and respected by our respective groups, to that we support them the day that they ask to sign on the dotted line.

Last edited by Gilles Hudicourt on Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Cooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Daniel Cooper »

Gilles Hudicourt wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:30 am September
Is there a date set yet? That makes it hard to plan for the big upcoming equipment bid at AC. For the company and the pilots. I don't know if it's better to assume it's going to pass or not. Everyone seems so sure it will despite major shareholders being against it and the other higher offer.

tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

Daniel Cooper wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:22 am
Is there a date set yet? That makes it hard to plan for the big upcoming equipment bid at AC. For the company and the pilots. I don't know if it's better to assume it's going to pass or not. Everyone seems so sure it will despite major shareholders being against it and the other higher offer.
according to the Financial Post, the merger will be completed , some time in early 2020.

Daniel Cooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Daniel Cooper »

??

Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (158.39 KiB) Viewed 5168 times
tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

Daniel Cooper wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:25 pm??
Doh ! :rolleyes:

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

CR wants Transat; he will match all other offers even if it goes above 17$. That was planned even before offering 13$. So assume it’s going to pass and bid accordingly.

Just another canuck
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Just another canuck »

Last edited by Just another canuck on Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
Warden
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Warden »

Big question is, will the offer go up? Should I throw some money at the stock and hope for nice little 20% return? :rolleyes:

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

Warden wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:16 pm Big question is, will the offer go up? Should I throw some money at the stock and hope for nice little 20% return? :rolleyes:
I bought right after the very first announcement and I'm up 190k but I haven't bailed out yet. It could all come tumbling ass over teakettle back down to $4. Right now it's more than the AC offer so the price is based purely on what AC or others could do with TS, not what TS can do for itself.

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

No it's because the market believes the offer will go up. If you don't understand that you shouldn't be playing with so much money.

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

ahramin wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:06 pm
Warden wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:16 pm Big question is, will the offer go up? Should I throw some money at the stock and hope for nice little 20% return? :rolleyes:
I bought right after the very first announcement and I'm up 190k but I haven't bailed out yet. It could all come tumbling ass over teakettle back down to $4. Right now it's more than the AC offer so the price is based purely on what AC or others could do with TS, not what TS can do for itself.
The market clearly is pricing in a higher bid, it has nothing to do with how well transat is doing. If the market thought AC was going to buy it for $13/share then the stock price would be at or slightly below $13.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

ahramin wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:06 pm
Up 190k?

I'd at least be securing some of my gains. ...

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

Daniel Cooper wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:22 am
Assume it is going to pass and bid the highest piece of equipment your seniority can hold heading into the merger.

Daniel Cooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Daniel Cooper »

Why bid highest equipment if merger people are going will be parachuting above you holding you on reserve for years?

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

Duke Point wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:28 am
Habslover wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:52 am Hi o, hi o, it’s off to fly 777 I go!!

Great news dis morning my friend, the acquisition has ‘append!
We will all be flying de mighty 777 soon! Our Unions are ‘ard at de work, making us winners in de coming years....while I will miss dis beautiful tree turdy, it is times I take de control of the Boeing. Like they say, “if it is a Boeing, I’ll skip over AC pilot on the list and get going!” I kid, I kid. After all it’s not skipping , it’s my company eh!

C’est la vie my friend....I’m off for a nice stroll on the South of France as I contemplate the years ahead, I had planned to retire at 60, but I’m afraid that is put off for now....making over 300 thousand dollars a year is much to nice to give up....afraid it’ll be 65 for me....who knows maybe 67!!
Wow...that's really offensive. You should be banned from the forum.

DP.
Offensive cannot be given, it can only be taken

Duke Point
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Duke Point »

av8ts wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:59 pm
Duke Point wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:28 am
Habslover wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:52 am Hi o, hi o, it’s off to fly 777 I go!!

Great news dis morning my friend, the acquisition has ‘append!
We will all be flying de mighty 777 soon! Our Unions are ‘ard at de work, making us winners in de coming years....while I will miss dis beautiful tree turdy, it is times I take de control of the Boeing. Like they say, “if it is a Boeing, I’ll skip over AC pilot on the list and get going!” I kid, I kid. After all it’s not skipping , it’s my company eh!

C’est la vie my friend....I’m off for a nice stroll on the South of France as I contemplate the years ahead, I had planned to retire at 60, but I’m afraid that is put off for now....making over 300 thousand dollars a year is much to nice to give up....afraid it’ll be 65 for me....who knows maybe 67!!
Wow...that's really offensive. You should be banned from the forum.

DP.
Offensive cannot be given, it can only be taken
[/quot

Then I "take" offence. I'm an Anglo from the West Coast, so surely if I've "taken offence" the target might "take" it too???

Senior Transat Francophone pilots are obviously the target. Maybe they have thicker skin, or have better things to do than surf Av Can.

DP.

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Habslover wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:19 pm BOTL I don’t think so my friends, I tink it should be more along the line of where I sit on my current seniority list now, no?

Why should I go DOH when it’s only 8 yrs ago I was hired, when I sit at 48% seniority on my list? I won’t be 48% at AC if I go DOH. That not good for me.

I should merge at 48% seniority on AC list, no?

I should also get to hold my uh left seat tree turdy as well, no?

AC pilot seem very hostile today, no?
I read this j**k’s 7 posts. This account was created in May 2019. It’s obviously written by an Anglo pretending to mimic the bad spelling and grammar of a Francophone in English. This is what is called a false flag operation.

I’m surprised anyone took the bait.

Who would have an interest in creating this kind of atmosphere ?

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

Gilles Hudicourt wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:50 am

Who would have an interest in creating this kind of atmosphere ?
Trudeau?

His energy and environmental leadership has created so much divisive inter provincial fighting that he is posting here as a diversionary tactic.

Completely illogical.....

So it must be him.

:smt040

Return to “Air Transat”