DOH merge.

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: DOH merge.

Post by altiplano »

I'm not reading your report, I don't care.

You are missing my basic statement. There are a lot of what ifs on how AC integrates the companies.
---------- ADS -----------

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

altiplano wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:40 pm I'm not reading your report, I don't care.
I hope you don’t have the same attitude in the flight deck (especially if you’re in the left seat) :shock:
I just want to share some infos since you seem to be concerned with the transaction...now if the only person you want to hear is yourself then there’s nothing we can do; or ask Colin: he has your answers.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

What's your problem?

You are questioning my work and the professionalism I take on the job.

You seem to not grasp what I said and your report is irrelevant to my statement. I'm not wasting any more time trying to explain that to you.

Go float a boat.

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

FL320 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:12 pm
altiplano wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:49 pm
FL320 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:36 pm

Have a look at the Labour code and acquisition laws and you will see that there are not so many ways as you might think. They are buying Transat and all what comes with it. Rules are pretty strict to the buyer.
Labour code doesn't dictate what AC does with Transat.
https://www.dentons.com/~/media/FMC%20I ... yment.ashx
I didn't read the entire link either but I do want to point out that it was a published opinion by a law firm. One thing I have learned about lawyers; they are right about 50% of the time! :lol: Like Fanblade says: if it can't be negotiated, it'll be decided by an arbitrator that has a 50% probability of "getting it right".

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

^ Newton's 4th (and lesser known) Law: For every opinion, there's an equal and opposite opinion

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Gilles Hudicourt »

Jettime3 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:32 am
Gilles Hudicourt wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:40 am There is so much garbage and venom on this thread, I have no desire to read it.
We are just pawns in a game played by others. I am not going to argue with other pawns who like me, have no control over what is happening, it's useless.
I am just going to continue to do my job, with a positive attitude, courtesy, respect and professionalism, regardless of what happens.

In the meantime, we should all make sure that the people we selected at our Unions to defend our interests are trusted and respected by our respective groups, to that we support them the day that they ask to sign on the dotted line.
Hey Gilles , you speak of venom . Remember the garbage and venom you gave Canjet pilots?

We remember you as an instigator to bring the 737 flying inhouse to TS and I do not recall you wanting to welcome us over to TS to fly our birds. You and your cronies wanted it. That went well didn't it?

I should thank you for not working with our unions to bring us over , even if it may have been BOTL .

I am at AC now and I am the guy who will stand strong with ACPA to see you at the BOTL because our contract is firm on it . This isn't a merger. We bought TS because they were losing money daily and would have been the next charter go out of business. Funny how things turn around buddy . Your turn now. AT operting on behalf of Air Canada might save your DOH. Say bonjour to your shareholders for me .
Dont blame me for your memory lapses. It's all documented, right here on AvCanada. But I'm not going to waste my time on you.

What joy you must be to work with.

Duke Point
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Duke Point »

There are a few here who think BOTL is a possibility. It isn't. ACPA won't even propose it as an opening move as they know it will damage our position in front of an Arbitrator down the road.

There will be ONE seniority list. There will not be a separate list for pilots who do Transat flying, or Rouge flying, or Tango flying, or Zip flying. All flights flown on behalf of AC will be done by pilots on a "single" ACPA seniority list. Period.

Most of us here are fully aware that the details seniority integration are going to be decided by our Union reps using rational formulas, and will very likely include the input of an Arbitrator.

There will be those who decide to make it personal, but they will be relatively few, as most pilots here are intelligent. Most are also rational, and good to work with. Those, including myself will welcome any Transat pilot.

DP.

Jean-Pierre
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jean-Pierre »

It is a bit naive to say it is not even a possibility considering that is what the contract currently stipulates and the company has explicitly said it will honor that contract.

Duke Point
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Duke Point »

Naïve???

When was the last time you saw BOTL when two carriers flying similar equipment merge?

Remember we're living in Canada. We operate under an entirely unique "fairness" paradigm that clearly favors the poor/underdog/disadvantaged.

No one will "win".

DP.

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

Jean-Pierre wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:33 am It is a bit naive to say it is not even a possibility considering that is what the contract currently stipulates and the company has explicitly said it will honor that contract.
the CLC trumps a contract provision

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

BOTL will never happen. I think everyone knows that. If you're hoping for it, your setting yourself up to be disappointed. Just like the junior TS 330CA thinking he's going to join as a 777CA... you're going to be disappointed.

There will be some give and take. Everyone needs to get that in their heads on both sides.

I think TS will slot in on a formula based off a hybrid of DOH/ratio/status and with pay and career expectation adjustment, ACPA pilots will get some adjusted credit for the high seniority level of the group and advancement expectations, but TS guys will do slightly better on average in ratio/status, certainly on pay, they'll all get raises... there will probably fences to prevent TS bidding the 787/777 CA for X number of years. We may see that the full integration takes a period of time, even a couple years, depending on where AC puts fins and merges the flying and the agreement they come to with ACPA. Plus potential training requirements.

But in the end the most senior TS guys will be able to hold 330 YUL and get $100/hour raises or so, even Gilles here with 20.5 years seniority at 16%...will slot in with guys with closer to 30 years seniority on the 330 at AC that are around 20%. More junior TS captain's will still be able to hold 320 in a base of their choosing, and will take a slight raise. Most of the FOs will hold pretty much any FO seat or even a junior narrow body Captain seat... and everyone from TS will get better benefits, and a pension...

And in the end we will get along and better get our shit together to get a new contract sorted out and get everyone a big raise together - blue and red - before the economy tanks.

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

Or maybe AC won't touch anything and let Air Transat like it is and reduce Rouge fleet and give the flight to AT.
When people are getting retired from AT they won't replace them and increase Rouge fleet.
If there is too much pilots in AT they will ask for volunteer to flow to AC

So everyone would be happy and there is no question about BOTL or merge...

tailgunner
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tailgunner »

Babar350,
That can’t happen due to the first article of the contact with ACPA. Simply put, ALL flying that AC controls above scope limits( seats/fin count) has to be crewed by ACPA pilots. They cannot run Transat as is, outside of ACPA.
Cheers

Duke Point
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Duke Point »

tailgunner wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:08 pm Babar350,
That can’t happen due to the first article of the contact with ACPA. Simply put, ALL flying that AC controls above scope limits( seats/fin count) has to be crewed by ACPA pilots. They cannot run Transat as is, outside of ACPA.
Cheers

Correct, however this concept seems lost on some. It's been pointed out and repeated many times.

It seems we're wasting our time pointing out that there will be ONE list.

With regard to pilot seniority, there will be no sub-contracting, no merging with only Rouge pilots, no running Transat as a separate entity.

It couldn't be clearer.

Those in doubt should refer to Altiplano's post above.....seems it was covered best there.

DP.

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

Babar350 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:43 am Or maybe AC won't touch anything and let Air Transat like it is and reduce Rouge fleet and give the flight to AT.
When people are getting retired from AT they won't replace them and increase Rouge fleet.
If there is too much pilots in AT they will ask for volunteer to flow to AC

So everyone would be happy and there is no question about BOTL or merge...
I'm going back this prediction as well. This is what Calin likely wants and there is a lot of ways he can get it. Trading some trivial gains to the AC pilot's contract, or instilling fear of what will happen with a merged list, all the way up to lockout threats, government intervention, etc.
Most likely a combination of all of the above.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

There's no way AC Pilots give on scope for a seperate C scale. All the most productive flying would just go there, that's what happened when we got a B scale.

There is no way AC Pilots will allow any LCC expansion beyond the contract either. Like putting the 330s at rouge.

I could see a deal bringing the LCC767s back to mainline and running a 330/320 mixed LCC fleet within the existing ratios. I could even see them negotiating to do that as 1 LCC pilot group flying both types and ACPA getting some gains to allow it.

I'd want LOU74 eliminated, plus 5 hour/calendar day DBM, to give 320/330 dual checked pilots for the LCC flying at a blended rate... That would be a huge savings for the corp even at mainline wawcon. Not to mention the flexibility they would gain. Meanwhile pilots would get rid of B-scale and most would get a better schedule.

Leverage will exist in this deal somewhere, hopefully we don't piss it away.

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

You're already justifying it in your head.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

How so?

LOU 74 eliminated.

One wawcon.

No B or C scale.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

altiplano wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:35 pm There's no way AC Pilots give on scope for a seperate C scale. All the most productive flying would just go there, that's what happened when we got a B scale.

There is no way AC Pilots will allow any LCC expansion beyond the contract either. Like putting the 330s at rouge.

I could see a deal bringing the LCC767s back to mainline and running a 330/320 mixed LCC fleet within the existing ratios. I could even see them negotiating to do that as 1 LCC pilot group flying both types and ACPA getting some gains to allow it.

I'd want LOU74 eliminated, plus 5 hour/calendar day DBM, to give 320/330 dual checked pilots for the LCC flying at a blended rate... That would be a huge savings for the corp even at mainline wawcon. Not to mention the flexibility they would gain. Meanwhile pilots would get rid of B-scale and most would get a better schedule.

Leverage will exist in this deal somewhere, hopefully we don't piss it away.

If they moved the 767's back to mainline the corp wouldn't need to cut a deal to have Transat's 330's at the LCC. It could be done under the existing agreement.

Therefore no bargaining leverage exists under your proposal. Not saying your wrong in that you might have nailed the outcome. Just saying negotiation is not needed.

320YYZ
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 320YYZ »

I hope u guys are not negotiating for Ac because we are going to be screwed big time !!!!

Transat guys should lose at least a couple of years like the Canadian pilots lost. (2 years)

Return to “Air Transat”