AC and TRZ Agree to Terminate Arrangement

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

jetpilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Air Canada and Transat announce Increased Purchase Price to $18 per Share

Post by jetpilot »

I think why all the airline who are in 100% grounded mode didn't answer about the 75% yet is very simple I am sure they are provision to not layoff for the next year or something like this I believe At will restart slow and adjust to the demand they are looking at it now .

ps: FL280 have to be a Jazz pilot to be so frustrated ? I normally don't pray but yesterday I did and just ask 5 min with you to talk :) you know men to men!
---------- ADS -----------

indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by indieadventurer »

jetpilot wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:58 am I think why all the airline who are in 100% grounded mode didn't answer about the 75% yet is very simple I am sure they are provision to not layoff for the next year or something like this I believe At will restart slow and adjust to the demand they are looking at it now .

ps: FL280 have to be a Jazz pilot to be so frustrated ? I normally don't pray but yesterday I did and just ask 5 min with you to talk :) you know men to men!
That's incorrect. There is no provision to not layoff after June 6, once the subsidy is finished.

Eligible companies (those with 15% revenue drop in March, 30% in April) that apply for the CEWS will be looking at a wait time of roughly 3-6 weeks to receive the wage subsidy funds from the federal government.

The employer EI/CPP 100% refund is only available for employees who are not working.

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

jetpilot wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:58 am I think why all the airline who are in 100% grounded mode didn't answer about the 75% yet is very simple I am sure they are provision to not layoff for the next year or something like this I believe At will restart slow and adjust to the demand they are looking at it now .

1) not a Jazz pilot
2) not frustrated but very worried
3) you can always pm me

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

FYI, we had a memo stating that the company is actively working on the details of the CEWS. Like other companies they plan to use it as soon as it’s adopted by the gov. I guess they don’t want to make it publicly official as long as the legislation is not signed.

Last edited by FL320 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kaykay
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Kaykay »

Dry Guy wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:54 am
Fanblade wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:50 am If they don’t apply for CEWS it means using their unique circumstances, they have sat down, run the math, and it doesn’t work.
What math? It's free money. The don't even need to make CPP/EI payments on it.
No such thing.

jetpilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jetpilot »

FL 280

We are all worried and believe me you are on the good side of the road I am a positive man in nature and I don't believe this is bad as everybody want to
see it AC stock jump 75% this morning it take very little to make the market going the right way in 2 months this will be clear and AC will be in very good position.

Do I believe the AC and Deal is still on ? at this point I am 50/50 I can see a deal from the government for a package to Ac with agreement to continue the buy so they don't have to do two deals.

We have no power into this and like you I don't like it the one thing I am sur if the deal is complete it will be very successful regardless of some seniority lost or gain I understand that we are on the wrong side of the road but believe me I work for AT long time we are surviver this is what we do best! but in my heart I want this deal to happen because I believe in it!

At the end of the day I don't want to take your job it all I will gladly stay Captain on my A330 that I love so much and At can stay separate .

If very Ac pilots have your attitude it make my decision to work for AT the best career decision ever!

jet

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

All nice words. All I heard was: everything will be ok as long as I have seat protrction... see where the issue is? I dont know what seniority you have but thats a 21 year position at AC.
I am worried about the economy more than this deal, in the current environment the deal just cant happen.

That being said, I we do share aa flight deck someday once this is all over. I am sure we will have a great time, until then sorry I want to protect our groups interest.

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

indieadventurer wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:02 am That's incorrect. There is no provision to not layoff after June 6, once the subsidy is finished.
The program is not 'signed off' yet. Had the last bill gone thru parliament without opposition parties making changes, current government could do this program without consulting the house, but they cant. Remains to be seen what riders get tacked onto the bill by the time it passes in the house.

aerodude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by aerodude »

jetpilot wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:33 am At the end of the day I don't want to take your job it all I will gladly stay Captain on my A330 that I love so much and At can stay separate .
I believe you may get your wish of seperate list. In times of crisis ACPA usually caves with a little raise (maybe shut down rouge) to its pilots. This is an opportunity of a generation.

I rather be a transat pilot than AC pilot knowing the long term game of unloading flying to TRZ.

CR is a smart man, he will get this transat deal at a steal now and own pretty much the entire canadian market, spceially with westjet/sunwing cutting back.

Marc Garneu turned out to be a "yes sir" kind of politician and will allow this deal with no restrictions.

indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

goldeneagle wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:32 pm
indieadventurer wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:02 am That's incorrect. There is no provision to not layoff after June 6, once the subsidy is finished.
The program is not 'signed off' yet. Had the last bill gone thru parliament without opposition parties making changes, current government could do this program without consulting the house, but they cant. Remains to be seen what riders get tacked onto the bill by the time it passes in the house.
If the government was going to tie companies’ hands on employment retention benchmarks to use the wage subsidy, especially after the crisis is over and the companies have stopped using the subsidy, then the government would have said that by now.

As I understand also there is no legal mechanism to force a private company to maintain employment levels.

From having spoken with someone who has read the legislation, there are no forced employment guarantees.

Jean-Pierre
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jean-Pierre »

The wage bill has been passed. Transat is running out of excuse.

JoeyBarton
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JoeyBarton »

And? The cews works up to 847$ a week for 75% max, which equates to 1129$ a week at 100%. Times 52, that's 58k a year. So for an employee making 58k a year, transat can get away with 75% paid by the federal and 0% by the company.
For a WB captain, the cews equates to 22% of his salary the remaining 78% by transat.
If the company was flying, fine, but you guys have zero revenue...

indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Companies do not have to contribute.

Every pilot that makes more than 58k would get $847/week paid by the government. Beats EI.

jetpilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jetpilot »

FL280

What do you think of the letter of Mr.Rovinescu this morning ? especially the last paragraph of page one.

jet

GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

jetpilot wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:05 am FL280

What do you think of the letter of Mr.Rovinescu this morning ? especially the last paragraph of page one.

jet
What does it say?

Dash.Trash
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dash.Trash »

jet
What do you expect him to say? It’s a publicly traded company, he can’t say “We’re reviewing our options with regard to Transat.” in a letter to employees.

You’re reading into something that isn’t there.

jetpilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jetpilot »

-In Short the deal with Ac and At continue ....good news!

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

GATRKGA wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:14 am

jet
What does it say?
It doesn’t look good for Air Canada pilots hoping for some semblance of their career integrity.

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

Dash.Trash wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:36 am

jet
What do you expect him to say? It’s a publicly traded company, he can’t say “We’re reviewing our options with regard to Transat.” in a letter to employees.

Then why bring it up at all in a 2 page letter. This deal is going through as much as we don’t like it and kick and scream and bitch.
This will be a monkey knife fight when the seniority merger gets rolling with one pilot group completely laid off and the other scaled way back.
BOTL should be the target now.

Dash.Trash
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dash.Trash »

Sharklasers wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:55 am
Dash.Trash wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:36 am

jet

Then why bring it up at all in a 2 page letter. This deal is going through as much as we don’t like it and kick and scream and bitch.
This will be a monkey knife fight when the seniority merger gets rolling with one pilot group completely laid off and the other scaled way back.
BOTL should be the target now.
Because it remains a significant event in our 2019 history?

I’m not saying it won’t go through, but there’s a very good chance it won’t go through as originally agreed to. Circumstances have changed significantly. To shell out that kind of cash for something that’s worth a fraction of what it was would be irresponsible to the shareholders (forget about the employees, we have no say in this.)

Return to “Air Transat”