AC and TRZ Agree to Terminate Arrangement

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Air Canada and Transat announce Increased Purchase Price to $18 per Share

Post by FL-280 »

FL320 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:40 pm
You see? Coments like this have no place in a civil discussion. It's a dick thing to say ie. "I'm coming to take your job." You have zero respect for the difficult situation people are put in.
It’s your own interpretation and you turn it negatively. I don’t see anything insulting in my words (plus I don’t want to take his job ...).

Do you have any idea why WS is now laying off 1700 pilots even with the CEWS?
Well you are assuming you would be captain.... so how is that nit negative for an ac pilot?
---------- ADS -----------

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

FL320 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:40 pm
You see? Coments like this have no place in a civil discussion. It's a dick thing to say ie. "I'm coming to take your job." You have zero respect for the difficult situation people are put in.
It’s your own interpretation and you turn it negatively. I don’t see anything insulting in my words (plus I don’t want to take his job ...).

Do you have any idea why WS is now laying off 1700 pilots even with the CEWS?
My interpretation? That's just what it is asshole. I challenge anyone to say that's not a dick statement "You'll make a good FO for me."

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

This thread is pure fucking gold

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

FL-280 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:19 pm Well you are assuming you would be captain.... so how is that nit negative for an ac pilot?
No, you’re assuming he meant he would be captain... his comment also could be interpreted as him being an RP!

Last edited by NotDirty! on Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bornaflyer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Bornaflyer »

160tonoaha wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:40 am
altiplano wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:41 am Rovinescu has already said he will honour ACPAs agreement.

And Transat does not have a billion dollars...

We'll see what happens. No way the deal goes through as was drafted.
Actually altiplano, yes they do.

Just shy of 600 million in liquid cash, and 400 some
Million in cash reserves for non liquid transactions.

At 18/share AC is still getting money back for buying transat.

As for your comment about what Cr said, that was all pre covid 19. If you want to make the assertion that pre covid 19 commitments are being re drafted such as the agreed upon price, I suppose consistency would dictate that so could his versed commitment to his pilot group.

Back to my question, what leg do you have to stand on if he doesn’t follow what he promises ?
A billion dollars? Don't fool me, I know exactly how much money Transat has in the bank. More like only 15 million cash in your SCOTIA account . You're currently operating on credit cards. The 15 million you actually have is to secure loans from the Quebec government. Ac has already cancelled the two a330s operating under their own flight numbers.
The 310 is gone. And fyi AC hadn't begun any talks of integration but rather only on regulatory affairs which in effect have been delayed until further notice. .

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

A billion dollars? Don't fool me, I know exactly how much money Transat has in the bank. More like only 15 million cash in your SCOTIA account . You're currently operating on credit cards. The 15 million you actually have is to secure loans from the Quebec government.
Again; 100% bullshit
Ac has already cancelled the two a330s operating under their own flight numbers.
The 310 is gone. And fyi AC hadn't begun any talks of integration but rather only on regulatory affairs which in effect have been delayed until further notice. .
Yeah we all know that... and? Your arguments are as empty as the airplanes nowdays.

GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

This thread is pure gold. I didn’t know how easily triggered the nations superior pilots can be.

FL320, did you mean anything by FL280 being a good fo?

Altiplano, why did FL320’s comment upset you?

FL280, make me a coffee please. Lol

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

GATRKA... man you guys are cocky. When this is all done and over, ya’ll will be happy to have the chance to apply at ac as new hires when ts folds.
Until then, here is your spit coffee

timeflies
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by timeflies »

FL-280 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:54 am GATRKA... man you guys are cocky. When this is all done and over, ya’ll will be happy to have the chance to apply at ac as new hires when ts folds.
Let them talk... the fact that Air Canada ''MAY'' buy them out got them more excited/concerned than them loosing their jobs indefinitely and having their company completely shut down. Keep hoping for AC, I get it. But I certainly never seen people in this kind of position this arrogant.

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

Good news Transat is also using the CEWS 8)

Last edited by FL320 on Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by sanjet »

GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

FL-280 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:54 am GATRKA... man you guys are cocky. When this is all done and over, ya’ll will be happy to have the chance to apply at ac as new hires when ts folds.
So easy to trigger you lol.

Btw, I don’t personally have a dog in this fight.

Although I do find it comical that you made the coffee I asked you to make. Not that I was planning on drinking it. Remember the saying? Never trust a pilot? Thanks for confirming that it was spit coffee. Shit water would have worked too.
FL320 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:12 am Good news Transat is also using the CEWS 8)
But I thought air Transat wasn’t an airline, and that tour operators can’t get wage subsidy? Lol.

This thread is becoming hilarious to watch btw.

Jean-Luc Monette
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jean-Luc Monette »

GATRKGA wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:45 am
This thread is becoming hilarious to watch btw.

I’ll opt for sad myself....

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

Pilots eating their own. What's new there? It is pretty hard on EVERYONE right now.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

I wish there was another thread to post this in, but this seems to be the relevant one. Hope for a regular discussion. Just a thought:

On the TRZ corporate side there seems to be no doubt whatsoever that the deal will continue as agreed upon.

It's likely that if there were hypothetically no deal, TRZ would fall to maybe 4 bucks. My question is, if anyone on the Board, or their major shareholders, ie Letko Brosseau (19%) knew of any inkling that the deal would end up in court, would they not be quietly dumping any shares they can?
Before anyone says insider trading, c'mon, It happens every minute between 9:30 and 4:30 and surely these guys know more than we do considering they're the architects, shaking hands and smoking cigars. Selling a certain threshold triggers a disclosure, but even then surely anyone would have a pretty good case against the CSA for dumping any stocks based on economic projections?

I'm not an MBA or CPA.... am I off base?

98 Corolla
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 98 Corolla »

Should we tell him the stock hit 5 bucks a few weeks ago

billgeno
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by billgeno »

98 Corolla wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:56 am Should we tell him the stock hit 5 bucks a few weeks ago
And today it's trading more than 70% higher. Does that mean that it is inherently worth 70% more to AC today than it was on March 18 when it comes to the purchase agreement? Just using the stock price doesn't really show the true value of a company as there are too many intangibles.

Here is an example using the two companies in this thread.

On the Monday following the purchase announcement, AC closed at $40.43. TRZ closed at $11.53
To start off the New Year, on Jan 02, AC closed at $50.00 and TRZ closed at $16.19
At about 11:20 this morning, AC was at $18.08 and TRZ was at $8.68

Based solely on those numbers-

AC is now "only worth" 45% as it was since the announcement and 36% since the start of the year.
TRZ, on the other hand, is now "only worth" 75% as it was since the announcement and 54% since the start of the year.

Again, based solely on the numbers, it would seem that TRZ investors actually have more confidence than the AC investors. Also, by looking just at share price and not anything important like total shares out, it would seem that AC is now "only worth" the same as the current offer for purchase of TRZ.

As a Transat pilot, I don't feel like my company is worth less today than when I started and I will bet that the AC pilots feel the same way about AC. Having never met him or dealt with him, I will hazard a guess that CR probably feels the same way and he is taking the value of the intangibles into account when considering his next steps.

Bill

98 Corolla
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 98 Corolla »

The poster said if insiders knew of the deal being scrubbed shouldn't we have seen a large sell off. I'm just saying there was one.

160tonoaha
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 160tonoaha »

billgeno wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:39 am
98 Corolla wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:56 am Should we tell him the stock hit 5 bucks a few weeks ago
And today it's trading more than 70% higher. Does that mean that it is inherently worth 70% more to AC today than it was on March 18 when it comes to the purchase agreement? Just using the stock price doesn't really show the true value of a company as there are too many intangibles.

Here is an example using the two companies in this thread.

On the Monday following the purchase announcement, AC closed at $40.43. TRZ closed at $11.53
To start off the New Year, on Jan 02, AC closed at $50.00 and TRZ closed at $16.19
At about 11:20 this morning, AC was at $18.08 and TRZ was at $8.68

Based solely on those numbers-

AC is now "only worth" 45% as it was since the announcement and 36% since the start of the year.
TRZ, on the other hand, is now "only worth" 75% as it was since the announcement and 54% since the start of the year.

Again, based solely on the numbers, it would seem that TRZ investors actually have more confidence than the AC investors. Also, by looking just at share price and not anything important like total shares out, it would seem that AC is now "only worth" the same as the current offer for purchase of TRZ.

As a Transat pilot, I don't feel like my company is worth less today than when I started and I will bet that the AC pilots feel the same way about AC. Having never met him or dealt with him, I will hazard a guess that CR probably feels the same way and he is taking the value of the intangibles into account when considering his next steps.

Bill
It’s amazing you have to explain numbers to pilots, supposed intellectuals. But yup, that’s how ignorant some of these AC pilots are. It really is a sad state of affaires how poor minded these guys are acting like. It’s clearly evident everyone got pounded along the way to AC, and when they finally made it, they’re behaving like beaten dogs still.

Nice post Bill, it’s true that the transat stock lost less valuation than AC did. So for what it’s worth, I guess if these clueless people are using stock price to evaluate the transaction, they’re still wrong.

Just cause one slaps a maple leaf to their head doesn’t make them better or smarter. It just makes one expect more of them. And as is seen on here, a demographic of my colleagues aren’t meeting the expectations one has from an AC pilot.

The transaction is going through. See ya on the other side.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Well that is completely false. Transat stock cannot be valued like a normal stock on the market. That’s because AC is in an agreement to purchase them for 18$. Here is how it works:

If the market was sure the deal was going to go through the stock would be at 18$. Doesn't matter what AC is at. AC could go to 1$ it wouldn’t matter. If the deal is done the stock is at 18$.

If the deal is not going through Transat stock would probably be at 1-2$. Mostly worthless in this market.

Transat stock is currently at 8.85$.

This means investors have no idea if this deal is going through, if they did they would by the stock pushing it up, if they didn’t the stock would fall. Investors are saying this deal is very risky and do NOT have confidence as it sits.

If you are so sure the deal if going through I would advise you to mortgage your property/ take out HELOC, and buy TS shares, as you will more than double your money. Good luck.

Also regarding the deal, I’m pretty sure is for Transat your company, in which air Transat is a small portion. The deal can unfortunately go ahead without the airline part of the business. Good luck to all.

Return to “Air Transat”