AC and TRZ Agree to Terminate Arrangement

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Cappo1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Air Canada and Transat announce Updated Purchase Price at $5 per share

Post by Cappo1 »

airboy1 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:43 am Knowing the government, we will probably get the approval on the 14th. Just a matter of days IMO. Looking forwards to flying again!
Cargo jet or Flair. AC will not take on TS now. Good luck bud.
---------- ADS -----------

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Don't be to sure about that. Government just announced the ok for the deal to go through.

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-cana ... anada.html
Cappo1 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:14 pm Cargo jett or Flair. AC will not take on TS now. Good luck bud.

Last edited by flyinhigh on Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
800man
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 800man »

Approved!
Stock still at $4.66. Would have been a good buy to make a quick 15%. Too bad the market already closed today.

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

Not surprised. Next up, some sort of industry aid

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
airboy1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by airboy1 »

Cappo1 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:14 pm Cargo jet or Flair. AC will not take on TS now. Good luck bud.
That aged well.

Sorry bud, I think that AC777 looks better with my seniority. :lol:

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

The terms and conditions associated with the proposed acquisition include:

Measures to facilitate and encourage other airlines to take up former Transat A.T. routes to Europe;
Preserving the Transat A.T. head office and brand in Quebec;
Employment commitment of 1,500 employees around the new entity’s leisure travel business;
Commitment to facilitate aircraft maintenance in Canada, prioritizing contracts in Quebec;
A price monitoring mechanism; and
Launch and operation of new destinations within the first five years.
From 5000 employees to 1500?

Cappo1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cappo1 »

airboy1 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:33 pm
Cappo1 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:14 pm Cargo jet or Flair. AC will not take on TS now. Good luck bud.
That aged well.

Sorry bud, I think that AC777 looks better with my seniority. :lol:
No need to apologize. You're on the bottom of the 737 F/O list and from the fine print I'm reading , you won't scratch anywhere near the surface of the 1500 employees we are securing as a "positive gesture "

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

airboy1 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:33 pm Sorry bud, I think that AC777 looks better with my seniority. :lol:
What a stupid ass comment to make. This is exactly why AC guys are pissed, we've constantly said as long as it is fair we're happy and then you come out with that, unless you are referring to vacationing via Flight AC777 from YUL to LAX which is possible.
Cappo1 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:52 pm No need to apologize. You're on the bottom of the 737 F/O list and from the fine print I'm reading , you won't scratch anywhere near the surface of the 1500 employees we are securing as a "positive gesture "
I'll apologize for the dumb comment made, no need for stuff like that. As for the 1500 employees, it's that they just have to maintain that, does not mean that 3500/4000 will be terminated as they could choose to keep 4150.

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: AC/TRZ Transaction Approved by TC - $5 per Share

Post by boeingboy »

Preserve the Transat brand?

Does that mean they will keep the name and Rouge is now history?

Ratherbe
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ratherbe »

Don’t count your chickens before they hatch. My limited experience with mergers is that most of the employees get screwed and only executive management walk away happy.

Will be interesting to see what Rousseau thinks of the conditions.

GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ISL should be fun. Congrats to you guys. Both will come out stronger cause of the merger.

Now you have a power entity that owns:

1. Legacy Ac
2. Leisure ts
3. Cargo Ac cargo
4. Express jazz
5. Low cost rouge

Hello sky regional and Jazz merger ?

Hello one list with alpa representation at AC and Jazz?

One can only shoot for the stars now.

Flame away, I’ll be eating popcorn.

Latitude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Latitude »

flyinhigh wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:02 pm
airboy1 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:33 pm Sorry bud, I think that AC777 looks better with my seniority. :lol:
What a stupid ass comment to make. This is exactly why AC guys are pissed, we've constantly said as long as it is fair we're happy and then you come out with that, unless you are referring to vacationing via Flight AC777 from YUL to LAX which is possible.
Cappo1 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:52 pm No need to apologize. You're on the bottom of the 737 F/O list and from the fine print I'm reading , you won't scratch anywhere near the surface of the 1500 employees we are securing as a "positive gesture "
I'll apologize for the dumb comment made, no need for stuff like that. As for the 1500 employees, it's that they just have to maintain that, does not mean that 3500/4000 will be terminated as they could choose to keep 4150.
I hope you realize the comments you read on this forum isnt what the majority of AC or TS employees think.

This forum is poison and whatever the outcome is, I hope we can work together and enjoy our time in the flight deck and on layovers.

aerodude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by aerodude »

This deal is still far from finalized even with this announcement folks
Stand by......

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Latitude wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:10 pm This forum is poison and whatever the outcome is, I hope we can work together and enjoy our time in the flight deck and on layovers.
Absolutely do know that, just can't stand when people post stuff like what was posted, no need for it especially when there is tougher times a coming.

I hope we can move forward for the better of our profession and as collogues in the near future. As with any negotiation there will be hurt butts coming up regardless of where one sits on any list, but we need to move forward in harmony and remember that a negotiation is successful if people from both parties are not happy.

I for one look forward to working with the folks at AC, have lots of friends their who I am happy to call great folks/friends.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

No comment from AC on the analyst call.

TRZ press release last night acknowledged Feb 15 date will either be extended by mutual consent to a further date, or, no mutual consent but transaction remains alive unless one party serves notice of termination at any time after Feb 15.

TRZ press release also indicates that EU decision delayed and now expected sometime in first half of 2021.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Obviously Transat isn't going to serve notice to pull out.

I don't see AC as doing anything official, neither agree to extend or pull out of the arrangement unless there is something in it for them. There is no advantage to either move, Transat has nowhere else to go and AC can keep their options open.

GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

altiplano wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:30 am Obviously Transat isn't going to serve notice to pull out.

I don't see AC as doing anything official, neither agree to extend or pull out of the arrangement unless there is something in it for them. There is no advantage to either move, Transat has nowhere else to go and AC can keep their options open.
By Feb 15 they will either have extended, or walked away.

I think giving up 33 routes and some slots to Veuling is not the indication of an airline walking away.

But I see you’re poking out again across a few threads somehow indicating that because of the 1500 sentiment ts pilots may not end up at AC? Lol. The worst case that happens is they’re deemed a surplus until the acms has a position for them. That’s all that will happen.

IF the transaction goes through, every pilot at both companies will have jobs.

Like someone said, hope guys can play nice and just move on accepting that no one wanted this outcome, yet here they are. It will make for more pleasant pairings.

Good luck altiplano with the merger!

tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

GATRKGA wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:13 am
altiplano wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:30 am Obviously Transat isn't going to serve notice to pull out.

I think giving up 33 routes and some slots to Veuling is not the indication of an airline walking away.

But I see you’re poking out again across a few threads somehow indicating that because of the 1500 sentiment ts pilots may not end up at AC? Lol. The worst case that happens is they’re deemed a surplus until the acms has a position for them. That’s all that will happen.

Like someone said, hope guys can play nice and just move on accepting that no one wanted this outcome, yet here they are. It will make for more pleasant pairings.

tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

tsgas wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:24 am

How does giving up 33 routes not cause a loss of jobs ?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

To address the last part of your post first, I have not said that. It's beyond my control, but the government conditions on the transaction pretty much wipe out any ideas of growth from the deal.

The first part, I believe you are incorrect. Both parties may agree, but do not need to agree to extend beyond Feb.15 for the current deal to remain in place. After Feb.15 one party may serve notice to withdraw, but without that notice the deal stands, even without an extension.

So why would AC agree to extend? They have leverage. Transat isn't going anywhere else, and the landscape and industry is constantly changing, AC can sit on its hands and keep it's options open with regards to the deal.

Return to “Air Transat”