AC and TRZ Agree to Terminate Arrangement

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Dry Guy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Air Canada and Transat announce Increased Purchase Price to $18 per Share

Post by Dry Guy »

Perhaps foreshadowing
---------- ADS -----------

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Gilles Hudicourt »

Dry Guy wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:48 am Perhaps foreshadowing
[url=https://flic.kr/p/GzwWmf]Image

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

You don’t impress anyone with that kind of comment, it’s just pathetic :wink:

TFTMB heavy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TFTMB heavy »

Gilles Hudicourt wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:01 pm
[url=https://flic.kr/p/GzwWmf]Image
LOL

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

No matter the livery, it’s always sad for me to see once great machines being taken apart slowly.

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

More good news: cargo contract with 2x A330 to china and middle east (and other routes to be announced in the future)

https://cargofacts.com/allposts/busine ... r-transat/

TFTMB heavy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TFTMB heavy »

FL320 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:50 pm More good news: cargo contract with 2x A330 to china and middle east (and other routes to be announced in the future)

https://cargofacts.com/allposts/busine ... r-transat/
Says Far East...

Can you post the whole article?

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

My mistake; far east.

Post from GTA air cargo:
GTA Air Cargo Set to Launch Passenger Freighters in Cooperation with Air Transat

It is with great pleasure and excitement that I announce that GTA Air Cargo will soon take to the skies using Air Transat A330-200 passenger freighter aircraft. Our two companies have reached an ACMI agreement for two, soon to be reconfigured, Air Transat aircraft that will fly on behalf of the newest GTA Group company, GTA Air Cargo. The first stage will focus on flights from China and other countries in the far east. Phase two will incorporate additional routes and destinations. I want to thank Air Transat for its collaboration on this project and I look forward to seeing these aircraft take to the skies.

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

I’d say that’s positive news for the Transat folks .. it also shows TRZ can diversify and adapt their operation to the new horizon.

👍🏻

Jean-Pierre
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jean-Pierre »

I hear AC 767 are going to Amazon so probably will fly again. Though not in Canada since I doubt they could do it cheaper than Cargo Jet.

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

Welcome to Euroland. Congrats to the UK for leaving; hopefully other countries will follow.

EU regulators halt Air Canada, Transat anti-trust probe, await data
https://ca.reuters.com/article/business ... AKBN23Q2L4

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

Who do I send beer to?

TFTMB heavy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TFTMB heavy »

They've had close to 10 bankruptcies in Europe in the last year, maybe they should investigate themselves, they are worried a TS-AC merger will increase that number. TS has a stronghold on 25% of that market with travellers that are itching to go see family and friends. If quarantine rules are relaxed we will recover a huge portion of that market share rapidly.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

FL320 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:36 am Welcome to Euroland. Congrats to the UK for leaving; hopefully other countries will follow.

EU regulators halt Air Canada, Transat anti-trust probe, await data
https://ca.reuters.com/article/business ... AKBN23Q2L4
Looks like AC and or Transat is the problem and not EU regulators.

“This procedure in merger investigations is activated if the parties fail to provide, in a timely fashion, an important piece of information that the Commission has requested from them,” the EU executive said.
“Once the missing information is supplied by the parties, the clock is re-started and the deadline for the Commission’s decision is then adjusted accordingly,” it said.

You have to ask yourself. If the parties are keen on the transaction why the breached deadline?

The million dollar question isn’t, does AC want out of the deal. That’s a given. The real question is, then what. Does AC walk or offer a lower price?

Not a single person here knows the answer.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Fanblade wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:16 pm The million dollar question isn’t, does AC want out of the deal. That’s a given. The real question is, then what. Does AC walk or offer a lower price?

Not a single person here knows the answer.
I don’t know either but I will put $20 on ‘AC walks’.

AC has serious problems to deal with. It does not need to add TRZ to the list.

whipline
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by whipline »

I don’t have any skin in the game but from the outside I’d say AT is much better positioned to get through Covid. Next question is do the AT pilots still want to join AC?

The big margins in the vacation business is hotels and peripherals. Do it yourselves and never look back.

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

whipline wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:57 am I don’t have any skin in the game but from the outside I’d say AT is much better positioned to get through Covid. Next question is do the AT pilots still want to join AC?

The big margins in the vacation business is hotels and peripherals. Do it yourselves and never look back.
I too have the same feeling. Business travel is out of the game for now and travel will be for family and friends and millennials looking for the cheapest tickets. And the 321LR is the perfect aircraft for pre-covid transatlantic ops.
In the actual context I think a merger wouldn’t be beneficial to AT pilots.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

FL320 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:44 pm
whipline wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:57 am I don’t have any skin in the game but from the outside I’d say AT is much better positioned to get through Covid. Next question is do the AT pilots still want to join AC?

I too have the same feeling. Business travel is out of the game for now and travel will be for family and friends and millennials looking for the cheapest tickets. And the 321LR is the perfect aircraft for pre-covid transatlantic ops.
In the actual context I think a merger wouldn’t be beneficial to AT pilots.
Jesus you're delusional.

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

Perfect. PLEASE, tell your managers that this isn’t a good idea. Maybe the word will get around and we can all get on with our lives.
Just for the record, funny how this turns out now eh. Transat was in a super vulnerable position and you guys were shitting on everyone that were nay sayers to the deal. It had “ to happen “ .... now you think you are better off without and it shouldnt happen?! Lol..

No deal is best for both sides at this point.

727driver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 727driver »

321LR will be less expensive to run across to Europe but if there are blocked seats for passenger distancing there will be limited opportunity to make up the difference in lost revenue with cargo. 330s and 777s will have a distinct economies of scale advantage as they can make up a bigger difference in lost passengers revenue with more time sensitive must fly cargo that draws much higher yield than the standby cargo (which barely covers gas money) the 321 will carry if they can even carry enough of it to make any real impact. Must fly cargo is very lucrative especially now with limited TATL capacity. You only bump must fly freight once and the freight forwarders will be gone for good. They have a reputation to protect also. If Transat is allowed to pack paxs in like pre Covid 19 how many people are willing to risk flying in that environment? I guess that remains to be seen.

As far as the deal goes JME comments sound less confident about a done deal than he did two months ago and if he is so confident that TRZ could make a go of it on its own prior to this industry meltdown why was he trying to sell it. He could see the writing on the wall is my belief. The operation barely turned a profit during a period when others were make record profits. What’s the outlook like in this new world on their own? Plan “B” What’s Mach’s phone number?

Return to “Air Transat”