Accepting applications for First Officers & Direct Entry Captains

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
Message
Author
FlairAirlines
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:59 pm

Accepting applications for First Officers & Direct Entry Captains

#1 Post by FlairAirlines » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:12 am

Flair Airlines is currently accepting applications for the following:
- First Officers in Abbotsford, BC (YXX) & Hamilton, ON (YHM).
- Direct Entry Captains in Hamilton, ON (YHM).

The anticipated start date is mid January 2018, with ground school commencing in Kelowna, BC and SIM training to follow.

Please click the link to view both postings. https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply ... ource=CC3#

Regards,

Flair Airlines Careers
---------- ADS -----------

LCflyguy
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:12 am

Re: Accepting applications for First Officers & Direct Entry Captains

#2 Post by LCflyguy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:11 pm

Where is 737 Sim held?
---------- ADS -----------

User avatar
Boreas
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:06 pm
Location: The haunted corners of familiar rooms

Re: Accepting applications for First Officers & Direct Entry Captains

#3 Post by Boreas » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:43 pm

What are you guys paying?
---------- ADS -----------

FlairAirlines
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: Accepting applications for First Officers & Direct Entry Captains

#4 Post by FlairAirlines » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:37 am

SIM is usually held in Edmonton.

From start of ground school to line indoc, you can expect the process to be roughly 6-8 weeks. Salary starts on day 1 of ground school.

First year FO's start at $56k
First year Captains start at $93k

Benefits after 3 months, eligible for company contributed pension after 1 year. We do have a 2 year training bond, which is a promissory note. This means no money exchanges hands, but the amount is reduced every month worked and should you leave early, the amount outstanding would be owed. There is a staff travel program, standby for you and your immediate family plus one buddy on all Flair flights. No jumpseat agreements, yet.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to DM or give me a call (250-807-5467).
---------- ADS -----------

LCflyguy
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:12 am

Re: Accepting applications for First Officers & Direct Entry Captains

#5 Post by LCflyguy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:56 am

Thanks for the info
---------- ADS -----------

leftoftrack
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:10 pm

Re: Accepting applications for First Officers & Direct Entry Captains

#6 Post by leftoftrack » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:38 am

How much is the training bond?
---------- ADS -----------

User avatar
HansDietrich
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:33 am

Re: Accepting applications for First Officers & Direct Entry Captains

#7 Post by HansDietrich » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:20 pm

It's unreal that a Low Cost Carrier pays their F/Os more than Jazz, Encore, Sky and Porter. Jesus!
---------- ADS -----------
Das ist mir wurst...

GATRKGA
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:24 pm

Re: Accepting applications for First Officers & Direct Entry Captains

#8 Post by GATRKGA » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:36 pm

HansDietrich wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:20 pm
It's unreal that a Low Cost Carrier pays their F/Os more than Jazz, Encore, Sky and Porter. Jesus!
Just goes to show you how much money is being made off your back's while flying the flag.
---------- ADS -----------

User avatar
HansDietrich
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:33 am

Re: Accepting applications for First Officers & Direct Entry Captains

#9 Post by HansDietrich » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:34 pm

GATRKGA wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:36 pm
HansDietrich wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:20 pm
It's unreal that a Low Cost Carrier pays their F/Os more than Jazz, Encore, Sky and Porter. Jesus!
Just goes to show you how much money is being made off your back's while flying the flag.
It really is a disgrace and I'm ashamed to be one of those individuals that accepts this salary. Not for long though. I'm actively looking for better employment. This is outrageous. This is $10,000 a year more than minimum wage Tim Hortons employee make; to fly an aircraft full of people. We all deserve more. Every pilot flying for a regional carrier is at leat $20K UNDERPAID.
---------- ADS -----------
Das ist mir wurst...

User avatar
confusedalot
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:08 pm
Location: location, location, is what matters

Re: Accepting applications for First Officers & Direct Entry Captains

#10 Post by confusedalot » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Actually, tim hortons employees make minimum wage, which comes out to about 22900 per year on a 40 hour per week shift.
---------- ADS -----------
Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?

Jumbo744
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:32 am

Re: Accepting applications for First Officers & Direct Entry Captains

#11 Post by Jumbo744 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:38 am

HansDietrich wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:34 pm
GATRKGA wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:36 pm
HansDietrich wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:20 pm
It's unreal that a Low Cost Carrier pays their F/Os more than Jazz, Encore, Sky and Porter. Jesus!
Just goes to show you how much money is being made off your back's while flying the flag.
It really is a disgrace and I'm ashamed to be one of those individuals that accepts this salary. Not for long though. I'm actively looking for better employment. This is outrageous. This is $10,000 a year more than minimum wage Tim Hortons employee make; to fly an aircraft full of people. We all deserve more. Every pilot flying for a regional carrier is at leat $20K UNDERPAID.
Absolutely agree with you. I am also looking to quit and never fly the flag again.
---------- ADS -----------

Post Reply

Return to “Flair Airlines”