NAV CANADA Quebec Region

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

marcoconut
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: NAV CANADA Quebec Region

Post by marcoconut »

Any update????
---------- ADS -----------

macaron
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by macaron »

IFR trainning for Montréal will begin June 11 2018. the offers were made at the end of April .

Kyrma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Kyrma »

Anything heard anything about upcoming courses or second interview dates? Anyone got any offers? I’ve been waiting for my second interview since January 2018.

dbebz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dbebz »

Unfortunately I am in the YVR process, not Quebec. But your timeline does not appear unusual at all compared to YVR,

The YVR application process for me has gone by extremely quickly:

Early May-Applied
Mid May-In person written assessment
Late May-Phone interview
November-Panel interview
December-Conditional offer IFR

rodzilla
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rodzilla »

I've reapplied on the day the new website for MyDaywork was up, did the online 8 minutes test and haven't heard anything since..

about 2 months now...

mvwrobot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mvwrobot »

I'm also waiting for second interview. Started the process in october 2017 and my language test mid july 2018 and nothing since then.

I have a feeling they don't have training happening now

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

mvwrobot wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:28 am I'm also waiting for second interview. Started the process in october 2017 and my language test mid july 2018 and nothing since then.

I have a feeling they don't have training happening now
I don’t want to discourage you but have a lot of training right now. Might be good to give a call and get a update.

Doudline
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Doudline »

I was invited to an onsite assessment session on the 23rd of May; I wrote the online test in mid-January. (J'ai été invité à une séance d'évaluation en personne le 23 mai prochain; mon test en ligne était à la mi-janvier.)

Excited yet quite anxious!

rodzilla
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rodzilla »

Doudline wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:52 am I was invited to an onsite assessment session on the 23rd of May; I wrote the online test in mid-January. (J'ai été invité à une séance d'évaluation en personne le 23 mai prochain; mon test en ligne était à la mi-janvier.)

Hi Doudline,

Good job for your assessment, i'm still waiting for my 2nd assessment tryout since November 2018, havent had news yet since the online test.

hope the best for you ! :goodman:

Doudline
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Doudline »

rodzilla wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:30 am
Doudline wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:52 am I was invited to an onsite assessment session on the 23rd of May; I wrote the online test in mid-January. (J'ai été invité à une séance d'évaluation en personne le 23 mai prochain; mon test en ligne était à la mi-janvier.)

Hi Doudline,

Good job for your assessment, i'm still waiting for my 2nd assessment tryout since November 2018, havent had news yet since the online test.

Hello Rodzilla,

Thank you for your kind words! I wish you good luck in this process too, do not lose hope. :goodman:

--------------------------

The onsite test went well (it was the old paper test with the w-sim, not FEAST), except the verbal portion which was every bit as hellish as everyone had reported! I only answered seven questions out of 20 something. :rolleyes:

I believe I passed, as Johanne said our status would either go back to "assessment" or become "DNMF" within 24-48h (mine says assessment).

She also told us that the process has changed: no more phone interview with NAV -- those selected are instead put into contact with a language school to test their secondary language (French or English), and if they succeed are invited to an onsite interview.

Apparently, a FSS training session starts next November and an IFR training session next January.

rodzilla
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rodzilla »

[/quote]

She also told us that the process has changed: no more phone interview with NAV -- those selected are instead put into contact with a language school to test their secondary language (French or English), and if they succeed are invited to an onsite interview.

Apparently, a FSS training session starts next November and an IFR training session next January.
[/quote]

That process look less tedious as the the one previously, I guess they are asking the questions which were on the phone interview in person instead to see the reactions and the thought processs instead of just having a audio feedback on those answers.

good luck to you for the rest !.
-Nick

mvwrobot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mvwrobot »

Doudline wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:34 am

Hi Doudline,

Hello Rodzilla,

Thank you for your kind words! I wish you good luck in this process too, do not lose hope. :goodman:

The onsite test went well (it was the old paper test with the w-sim, not FEAST), except the verbal portion which was every bit as hellish as everyone had reported! I only answered seven questions out of 20 something. :rolleyes:

I believe I passed, as Johanne said our status would either go back to "assessment" or become "DNMF" within 24-48h (mine says assessment).

Do you happen to know when would they do the interview and training position offers with those planned sessions?

mvwrobot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mvwrobot »

Doudline wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:34 am

Hi Doudline,

Hello Rodzilla,

Do you happen to know when would they do the interview and training position offers with those planned sessions?

Doudline
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Doudline »

mvwrobot wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:08 am Do you happen to know when would they do the interview and training position offers with those planned sessions?
AFAIR we weren't told specific interviews/offers dates, but Johanne said that we -those who were assessed on the 23rd- would be eligible for the November training session; therefore, considering that Nav likes to make offers a few months in advance, I assume that there will be a round of interviews before the end of the summer shortly followed by offers. Offers for the January session might be sent at a later date though, idk.

And for what it's worth, she also stated that there could be another onsite assessment session in August (depending on the scores obtained on the 23rd).

AnthonyM
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AnthonyM »

Hi Doudline,
I was in Montreal on the 23rd too, still haven't receive any news.
My status on Carrers is still at "assessment" and "Step Completed".

Could you please let me know when your status changes?
Thanks
A.

Doudline
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Doudline »

AnthonyM wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:08 am Hi Doudline,
I was in Montreal on the 23rd too, still haven't receive any news.
My status on Carrers is still at "assessment" and "Step Completed".

Could you please let me know when your status changes?
Thanks
A.
Hello Anthony,

My status says the same thing, but I received an email today (Thursday) from Johanne saying a language school would contact me in the days to come to test my English.

Check your emails, maybe you missed it!

Take care.

AnthonyM
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AnthonyM »

Hi Doudline,
Same here, I received the e-mail in the afternoon :)
Good luck for the rest.
We keep in touch.

A.

AnthonyM
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AnthonyM »

Hi,
For your information, I was at the Montreal assessment on May 23rd, and I got my english assessment over the phone yesterday (June 12th).

Kyrma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Kyrma »

Is there any way to find out when my application expires? Should be soon- as per my calculations- but the new portal doesn’t indicate the date as clearly as the previous one. Had my phone interview & language assessment January 2018. Thanks!

Doudline
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Doudline »

Kyrma wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:37 am Is there any way to find out when my application expires? Should be soon- as per my calculations- but the new portal doesn’t indicate the date as clearly as the previous one. Had my phone interview & language assessment January 2018. Thanks!
Hey Kyrma,

I was told 18 months from the moment I received my language assessment result.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”