YEG Applications process

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

glamsquanch
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: YEG Applications process

Post by glamsquanch »

Thanks B.Yeg for the interview update! Can I ask if it was similar situational questions to the phone interview?

I was at the July assessment and have my interview on Nov 1st. I was a little disappointed that it was moved to YEG as I'm Calgary based and the commute would've been so much easier
---------- ADS -----------

B.Yeg28
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by B.Yeg28 »

We were probably in the same assessment!

Yeah it was pretty similar to phone interview for sure. I find that by answering in the STAR format makes it much easier to get you point across and answer correctly.
As the website says, this interview is to rate you aptitude and fit as a trainee and ultimately a Nav Canada employee. They basically want to get to know who you are and if you will fit in well with the company. I found in-person was a bit more stressful then over the phone because all eyes are on you. Just go in, be yourself and you should be fine.

I was supposed to get my answer Oct 26th... and its still showing yellow!
Can't wait to find out, I keep pressing refresh every half hour :rolleyes:

B.Yeg28
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by B.Yeg28 »

Results are in!

FIR : YEG
Preference order - VFR, IFR, FSS
Online Application Date: June 1, 2018
In person assessment invitation date: June 30, 2018
In person assessment: July 10, 2018
In person assessment result: July 24, 2018
Phone Interview invite: July 30, 2018
Phone Interview: August 8, 2018
Phone Interview results : August 16, 2018
In person interview invite: September 20
In person Interview: Oct 12, 2018
In person results : Oct 30th, 2018
Streamed : IFR

Offer : Pending
Training Date : Pending

Let us know how your interviews go! Good Luck!

randomresponse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by randomresponse »

Hey Yeg28,

Congrats on getting the green light. I did the in person interview yesterday and it was pretty much how you described, more intense because your watching them take notes as you speak.

I didn't get to tour the centre but that was ok as I already had a chance to sit down with an IFR controller back when I did the assessment in July.

Well good luck to everyone in the future and if I make it through maybe we'll meet on course.

estrela20
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by estrela20 »

Hey guys
For those of you going to in-person interviews now, is there going to be a next stage should you be successful?
I just received an email a couple of days ago from NAV inviting me to book a date for their FEAST testing. Anyone else?

randomresponse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by randomresponse »

estrela20 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:30 pm Hey guys
For those of you going to in-person interviews now, is there going to be a next stage should you be successful?
I just received an email a couple of days ago from NAV inviting me to book a date for their FEAST testing. Anyone else?
The next step for the people who are successful after the in person interview is to go into the pool for upcoming training sessions. I'm not sure how the FEAST part works but I assume it has replaced the in person assessment that we did in July.

estrela20
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by estrela20 »

Apparently NAV started trying out FEAST for the first time with YYZ applicants. They had already done the in-person assessment (2017) as well as phone interview (2018) but were asked to go back and take FEAST. It is a replacement of online and in-person assessment as well as phone interview. Then if successful, there will be a bootcamp as final stage of the process.

B.Yeg28
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by B.Yeg28 »

Hey estrela, I haven't heard anything about the FEAST or boot camp, hopefully they don't make those who passed the interviews go back and do this....

Flyboy, glamsquanch and randomresponse, any chance you asked when the next course start date was, or what the next course was going to be (IFR, VFR, FSS) in your interview?
I'm not a very patient person :D but this process is definitely making me be one.

If you guys didn't ask I am thinking about calling or emailing next week to ask.

estrela20
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by estrela20 »

What I heard from a friend who works in Edmonton was that IFR class started this past October and VFR class starts now. Next ones will be in April/May she said.

B.Yeg28
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by B.Yeg28 »

Anyone else loose everything on their Take Charge page? and do you know what this means when that happens? Maybe just a glitch.

randomresponse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by randomresponse »

When I try and login there's a message saying:
Login has been temporarily disabled as we are migrating to a new system. Thank you for your patience.
So server maintenance?

lmnop
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lmnop »

Hey, all..

Been lurking for a short while.. just now dropping a line for the first time.

I’ve got a question that I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction:

I had my in person interview in Edmonton October 12 (almost five weeks ago now) and was told I’d have a green or red light in about two weeks. That date has come and gone and was still yellow light “pending” until this new website came along, now I’m not sure where I stand.

Can someone suggest a name that I can try to contact regarding my status on this?

Thanks!

randomresponse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by randomresponse »

Hey lmnop,

I sent you a PM with contact info that might work.

flyboy987
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyboy987 »

Ya this new website is quite bleak. I keep almost clicking the "withdraw application" since its the only thing you can really click haha. Status is just listed as "Interview". This waiting sucks :(

randomresponse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by randomresponse »

flyboy987 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:51 pm Ya this new website is quite bleak. I keep almost clicking the "withdraw application" since its the only thing you can really click haha. Status is just listed as "Interview". This waiting sucks :(
My page looks the same as yours, status is interview with no pending tasks. From what I saw in a different thread it might be that we end up receiving an email with the results instead of seeing a status change on the site. That and they increased the reapply time to 18 months.

B.Yeg, I'm curious to know what you see when you sign into the new site?

flyboy987
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyboy987 »

Well its been 2 weeks so we should be hearing from them soon. Best of luck. Don't think i interviewed too well so not looking forward to seeing the results tbh lol.

randomresponse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by randomresponse »

You know I feel the same way about my interview. Everyone always talked about the three interviewer panel in a conference room, but instead I ended up sitting at a small table with just two people in the training manager's office. Way more intimate than I had anticipated.

Good luck to you as well!

flyboy987
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyboy987 »

Guess we will hopefully see next week haha. This weekend is gonna be annoying.

kashep
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kashep »

My interview was November 2, also in a small room with two people. They said I'd hear back in two weeks but I have the same bleak website just with status "Interview". I thought my interview went really well, fingers crossed!

Glad to hear it sounds like others are experiencing the same thing

flyboy987
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyboy987 »

Got some random email from NavCanada earlier about passing the employere referall program? haha. Checked the workday site and looks like i am "Eligible for Offer" So i guess that means im through. Don't see what i've been streamed however. Hopefully yall made it through too.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”