YEG Applications process

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

fawkes
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: YEG Applications process

Post by fawkes »

The reply I got about that was very vague, just said that the specific information is no longer provided. I'm assuming we won't know until we get an offer. I had asked about when next courses will start during my interview. VFR/IFR class would most likely start April/end of May (as what estrela20 said) and they would be calling people probably around mid-March for offers. FSS would start March and they would be calling either end of December/January. It takes the anxiety of waiting to another level haha.

Also, congrats to everyone who made it through as well!
---------- ADS -----------

Slenderjim
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Slenderjim »

Hi does anyone after the Bootcamp show on the new website "DNMF Not Eligible to re-apply within 18 months".

But it still shows status as "Interview" and no pending tasks?

flyboy987
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyboy987 »

Does anybody know the nornal course start dates/ offer dates for the streams?

I stated preference to VFR so i'd like to know that the most, but it would help to know all of them.

Thanks

B.Yeg28
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by B.Yeg28 »

flyboy987 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:15 pm Does anybody know the nornal course start dates/ offer dates for the streams?

I stated preference to VFR so i'd like to know that the most, but it would help to know all of them.

Thanks
Hi Flyboy!

I emailed them asking this question since I am planning a vacation before the training starts.
VFR and IFR both start beginning of May.
They state that the offers will be given out 3 months prior, (but most likely 2 months) so I would say expect a call beginning of March.

Does anyone know if they are still doing interviews, or assessment sessions?

estrela20
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by estrela20 »

Yes, assessments in Edmonton are happening now until beg of third week of December...I am going in about 10 days to take FEAST. Apparently that is their new assessment style (no more in-person assessment or over the phone interviews.) There will be 100 of us taking FEAST within the next 15 days: 20 will be called back for the boot-camp in January.

B.Yeg28
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by B.Yeg28 »

Hi Estrela,

Thanks for the info, can you let us know how it goes and what is involved in the new assessment, in case any of us need to reapply in the future?

Good Luck!

estrela20
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by estrela20 »

Hi,
Yes for sure will do.
I have heard horror stories about FEAST. Wikipedia has some good info about the test - DART sounds really tough :(
My friend who wrote FEAST 10 days ago in YEG said the cube part is the hardest.

flyboy987
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyboy987 »

Kind of wish i had the oppurtunity to write FEAST. Seems like it would be more challenging than the old assesment, save one or two sections.

flyboy987
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyboy987 »

Happy New years all,

with the course offers for other FIRs going out recentley maybe we can expect to hear something either later this month or in Feb?

estrela20
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by estrela20 »

Anyone here going to the 2 day boot-camp in about 10 days?

Crouchy99
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Crouchy99 »

Hi guys

I'm actually in the UK, but hoping to move over to Canada after finishing university, then apply and try get onto the programme.

I was just wondering, whilst you're waiting for your application to go through, doing tests, interviews etc. how do you keep an income? Do you work jobs that you could easily leave if you were to get an offer?

Thanks for any help!

randomresponse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by randomresponse »

Crouchy99 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:07 am Hi guys

I'm actually in the UK, but hoping to move over to Canada after finishing university, then apply and try get onto the programme.

I was just wondering, whilst you're waiting for your application to go through, doing tests, interviews etc. how do you keep an income? Do you work jobs that you could easily leave if you were to get an offer?

Thanks for any help!
The advice I was given (and what I've done so far) is don't put your life on hold while you apply and don't put your all your eggs in one basket. For me that means I've continued to progress in my career as if I wasn't applying for a job with NAV Canada, so if i end up stuck in the hiring pool for 18 months and time out I haven't wasted time or put my life on hold.

If you're just finishing university, go get a job in the field you went to school for and apply with NAV Canada on the side. Also, do you have Canadian citizenship or permanent residency? If you don't then that's a whole different discussion

flyboy987
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyboy987 »

Crouchy99 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:07 am

Thanks for any help!
Ya i am just working and waiting to see if i get the offer or not. Started a new job right before the interview phase of the application so it's not like im putting my life no hold.

kashep
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kashep »

Is anyone else starting YEG FSS training in March?

flyboy987
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyboy987 »

kashep wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:57 pm Is anyone else starting YEG FSS training in March?
congratz on getting an offer Kashep, when did you get the phone call for the offer?

kashep
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kashep »

flyboy987 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:08 am
kashep wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:57 pm Is anyone else starting YEG FSS training in March?
congratz on getting an offer Kashep, when did you get the phone call for the offer?
Thanks! First got the call on December 21. Things seem to move fast once you're offered a spot. I wanted VFR but figured I shouldn't be picky!

B.Yeg28
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by B.Yeg28 »

Congrats on the offer Kashep!

Do you know what you were streamed before you received the phone offer for FSS?

Still Patiently waiting over here....
Flyboy and Randomresponse still no word on your end either?

flyboy987
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyboy987 »

B.Yeg28 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:32 am Flyboy and Randomresponse still no word on your end either?
Just waiting..
If what somebody posted about the next course being in may is true tehn i expect they wil lsend course offers out sometime in middle-late feb or early march.
I tried calling them to ask if there was abnything planned for YEG but no answer

randomresponse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by randomresponse »

Yeah nothing on my end. I'm not anticipating anything until February or March based on what Fawkes posted. I'm waiting patiently but I still end up checking this forum once a day.

estrela20
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by estrela20 »

I am going in next week for the 2 day bootcamp after taking FEAST in December. They said back in December, 100 ppl took FEAST: 20 would move on to the bootcamp, in which 10 would receive an offer for courses starting spring 2019. Anyone here going next week???

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”