YWG in-person interviews

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ScottCove
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: YWG in-person interviews

Post by ScottCove »

Thanks for the quick reply! Ya I checked and it said eligible for offer as well but no other information is given so I wasn't too sure.
---------- ADS -----------

jos94
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jos94 »

Bump. In YWG, account updated and I am now 'eligible for offer'. Any word from anybody else?

johnontwo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by johnontwo »

jos94 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:20 am Bump. In YWG, account updated and I am now 'eligible for offer'. Any word from anybody else?
Congrats Jos that’s exciting!

jos94
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jos94 »

I've just been offered IFR starting in April. Has anybody else in YWG heard back on courses? If anybody else on the forum is in/has done IFR shoot me a pm

ScottCove
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ScottCove »

Congrats! I haven't heard anything yet. Still sitting at Eligible for Offer. I am hoping they run a VFR course soon as well.
Just curious... Did they phone you or send you an email for your offer?

jos94
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jos94 »

They gave me a phone call to make a verbal offer.. I'll be getting an offer letter in the mail I was told.

johnontwo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by johnontwo »

Jos looks like I'll be seeing you in course in April!

jos94
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jos94 »

Right on! Sent you a pm

heymela
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by heymela »

i went for my interview a few days ago and they told me that there are a few ifr seats left for the spring course. they may do 2 fss seats in the fall and most likely a vfr class but will for sure be doing an ifr class in the fall.

good luck to the people who got accepted into the ifr class it sounds intense.

ScottCove
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ScottCove »

Sounds like they have a lot of IFR courses planned. Not much word on VFR it seems.
Good luck to all on the IFR courses and congrats!

ProfessionalATC
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ProfessionalATC »

Good luck to all who are getting course offers.

I was just wondering how many different towers could they send you to when you completed your VFR course , and how many different sectors could you be sent to after completing your IFR course?

Does Winnipeg only have one terminal sector in their FIR ?

johnontwo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by johnontwo »

ProfessionalATC wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:53 pm Good luck to all who are getting course offers.

I was just wondering how many different towers could they send you to when you completed your VFR course , and how many different sectors could you be sent to after completing your IFR course?

I’m not certain exactly how many IFR sectors there are but the VFR Towers in YWG FIR are:

-Winnipeg
-Regina
-Saskatoon
-Thunder Bay
- St Andrew’s

ProfessionalATC
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ProfessionalATC »

johnontwo wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:10 pm
ProfessionalATC wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:53 pm Good luck to all who are getting course offers.

I’m not certain exactly how many IFR sectors there are but the VFR Towers in YWG FIR are:

-Winnipeg
-Regina
-Saskatoon
-Thunder Bay
- St Andrew’s
Thanks for the reply. I’d love to get anyone of those towers but preference for Winnipeg. I’m assuming Winnipeg would be an ATC4, does anyone know this to be correct ?

heymela
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by heymela »

if you get ifr you'll be in winnipeg. i asked about getting placed in another fir in my interview they said it was a possibility but highly unlikely.

heymela
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by heymela »

hey how long did it take before you got a response back about your interview? i did mine over three weeks and don't have an update yet. i personally don't feel like it went that well so i'm not hopeful lol but i'd like to know either way.

heymela
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by heymela »

well i put it out into the universe i guess. i heard back today and got offered a fss spot starting June 17th. i am still thinking about it though. it's a big decision. thanks to all the people who answered my questions on here and for all the people who posted tips!!

hopefulguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hopefulguy »

Grats... I think. TBH for me that would be the worst dilemma. To accept or not to accept?

Do you know if you were just streamed for FSS, or if you still have a chance at being offered IFR/VFR should you decide to decline this offer?
heymela wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:27 am well i put it out into the universe i guess. i heard back today and got offered a fss spot starting June 17th. i am still thinking about it though. it's a big decision. thanks to all the people who answered my questions on here and for all the people who posted tips!!

johnontwo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by johnontwo »

My understanding is they’ve stopped telling people what they’ve streamed. In my case they wouldn’t say over the phone but the old Take Charge page gave it away when Iogged in, the new MyWorkDay likely won’t.

Congrats on the offer! I visited the FIC in Winnipeg and everybody there was super nice and seemed to really love what they were doing. I suppose the sticking point is always going to be how comfortable you are with moving.

heymela
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by heymela »

lol i guess my post wasnt super positive. i was a little overwhelmed. i went through this process wanting this outcome but if i take it it will be a big change in my personal life. so it got very real because honestly the chances of getting a spot are so slim and i wanted to remain realistic.

i have zero interest in ifr. my preference was fss because 1) success rate and 2) all the possible locations to bid out to. moving isnt really the issue for me. it is do i want to quit my current job to pursue this because i do enjoy my current job.

i am like 99% sure i will accept but i dont want to rush the decision either. it affects the rest of my life. i emailed the hr person with a bunch of questions and am meeting up with some people that work there later this week to talk and tour tower and terminal. but yeah most likely accepting my seat.

hopefulguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hopefulguy »

Oh, in that case, grats!!!!

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”