YEG Training Offers... Anybody Heard Anything?

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

heightofflight
Rank 0
Rank 0

YEG Training Offers... Anybody Heard Anything?

Post by heightofflight »

Hi everyone,
I personally was greenlighted VFR stream in March 2017 in YEG.
Was wondering if anybody has heard anything about the fall courses?
I heard next VFR course is looking like November 2017. Anybody received an offer for this course yet?
The waiting is a whole new level of nerve wracking, but I suppose I signed up for this!
Let me know if anyone's heard anything about offers going out for the fall course!
---------- ADS -----------

outflying8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: YEG Training Offers... Anybody Heard Anything?

Post by outflying8 »

heightofflight wrote:Hi everyone,
I personally was greenlighted VFR stream in March 2017 in YEG.
Was wondering if anybody has heard anything about the fall courses?
I heard next VFR course is looking like November 2017. Anybody received an offer for this course yet?
The waiting is a whole new level of nerve wracking, but I suppose I signed up for this!
Let me know if anyone's heard anything about offers going out for the fall course!
Was greenlighted IFR fall 2016 and got standby VFR for May this year....nothing yet on this fall....im not expect g anything

:D I love all respectful dialogue of multiple views and opinions. If you want to chat with me directly, please do send me a PM :) :D
outflying8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by outflying8 »

So just spoke with a wonderful lady at HR, and unfortunately all of the IFR(October) as well as the VFR (November) offers have been made.... so if you are like me (haven't received an offer) you are SOL until spring

I've lost all hope of getting an offer, i streamed IFR, went through 4 eligible offering periods (2 VFR, 2 IFR) and nothing.... and since then they have done 3 rounds of interviews with another round scheduled before the next round of offerings.....pretty crushing when this is the only career option that really excites you and you have put your life on hold for it.....

:D I love all respectful dialogue of multiple views and opinions. If you want to chat with me directly, please do send me a PM :) :D
Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

outflying8 wrote:So just spoke with a wonderful lady at HR, and unfortunately all of the IFR(October) as well as the VFR (November) offers have been made.... so if you are like me (haven't received an offer) you are SOL until spring

I've lost all hope of getting an offer, i streamed IFR, went through 4 eligible offering periods (2 VFR, 2 IFR) and nothing.... and since then they have done 3 rounds of interviews with another round scheduled before the next round of offerings.....pretty crushing when this is the only career option that really excites you and you have put your life on hold for it.....
Don't give up! A lot of people I know had to try several times before getting in. Some of them are the best controllers I know.

outflying8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by outflying8 »

Braun wrote:
outflying8 wrote:So just spoke with a wonderful lady at HR, and unfortunately all of the IFR(October) as well as the VFR (November) offers have been made.... so if you are like me (haven't received an offer) you are SOL until spring

Don't give up! A lot of people I know had to try several times before getting in. Some of them are the best controllers I know.

I appreciate the positive advice Braun, but this is my 2nd attempt, I'm currently in school with a wife and new baby to look after, i have turned down a couple of near 6 figure salaried jobs because I figured with a IFR stream I should be able to at least get a VFR course.....I have never wanted something so badly and I feel that I would be an excellent controller.....I just cant put my life on hold again for 3-4 to attempt a 3rd application....

If you don't mind my asking, how long did it take you?

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”