Moncton referral program of 2016

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

werty1982
Rank 0
Rank 0

Moncton referral program of 2016

Post by werty1982 »

Hi, i`ve did all the assesmment in moncton last october/november in 2016 and got approved in the candidate pool succesfully but i`m still waiting for the call. I`ve received a call in march for a position in a fss class in Vancouver but since i'm always working overnight, i didn`t answer at times on the first try and by the time i`ve called back, the position was already fill out. So then, i`m still waiting for any update. Does anyone else are still waiting? I`m in the waiting up to 18 month, does people receive position after one year of waiting?
---------- ADS -----------

generic930
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Moncton referral program of 2016

Post by generic930 »

I don't know how true this is but I have heard from an employee that Moncton is overstaffed because residents have been sent to work out of province and are trying to come back.

I would suggest that you try to get in contact with someone there to validate my saying. If it is really overstaff and no one new got a job there(have you heard of anyone accepted for training in the past year?), your best chance might be to accept a position outside the province. There is no guarantee that you will get a position back in the province.

chobs
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Moncton referral program of 2016

Post by chobs »

generic930 wrote:I don't know how true this is but I have heard from an employee that Moncton is overstaffed because residents have been sent to work out of province and are trying to come back.

I would suggest that you try to get in contact with someone there to validate my saying. If it is really overstaff and no one new got a job there(have you heard of anyone accepted for training in the past year?), your best chance might be to accept a position outside the province. There is no guarantee that you will get a position back in the province.

That's not true at all. The center (IFR) always needs more staff. They just completed a generic course there so a new crop of recruits have just started specialty training.

The VFR side doesn't necessarily have a lot of openings, Moncton tower I do believe is overstaffed right now and Fredericton is nearing staff levels and Halifax tower I think still needs people.

I'm not sure what staffing levels in FSS in Moncton FIR are like... although that's likely not going to go to ab initios anyway.

All that being said, a new round of Employee Referral Program applicants just did their testing and interviews are supposed to be sometime in the next little while (for ERP applicants as well as for those general).

As for the OP .... while your chances are not completely gone I would think you would have a tough time getting an offer now. If you turned down an offer previously (Or didn't respond, whatever) they probably wouldn't extend another offer. There's also been new recruits added to the pool since that would impact your standing in the candidate pool.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”